Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Brushing and summer weather

Model

E the model

London, Ontario, Canada

Hi,

I'm from Montreal, where the summer tends to be hot and humid (end of june, july, and often august). My hair is flat-ironed (I go see a hairdresser for this), but it just won't hold in that kind of weather. Any advice on what I should do to avoid the poodle look?

My hair is naturally quite curly, but it gets out of bound in that kind of weather. Frizzy is an understatment.

Thanks for the help!

Apr 02 06 12:45 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Emily Chen

Rochester, New York, US

Eloise wrote:
Hi,

I'm from Montreal, where the summer tends to be hot and humid (end of june, july, and often august). My hair is flat-ironed (I go see a hairdresser for this), but it just won't hold in that kind of weather. Any advice on what I should do to avoid the poodle look?

My hair is naturally quite curly, but it gets out of bound in that kind of weather. Frizzy is an understatment.

Thanks for the help!

try an antihumectant thermal product. alterna makes one callen 'Straightening balm' that is used in place of a mousse before you blowdry, and KMS california carries an "antihumidity seal" that is used much like a shine spray. or if you are looking for something more permanent, go for thermal straightening.

Apr 02 06 12:59 pm Link

Model

B Charles Johnson

New York, New York, US

why dont you get that japanese hair straightening, I know its a bit pricey but I hear it's worth it.

Apr 02 06 07:35 pm Link