Photographer

Scott Johnson Studios

Wausau, Wisconsin, US

I was wondering if there were any models or Photogs. that have had any dealings with Pro-Scout. Is it a scam or is it legit. Anyone have any dealings with them?

Thanks all,

Scott

Apr 17 05 07:12 pm Link

Model

Amabelle

Toronto, Iowa, US

Hello,

Actually, another member had posted up the same subject about Proscouts.  I was set to go to Proscout but there's no point since I'm too short for it.  I did talk to a well respected, highly reputable modeling agent if it was legit and it is.  But some others have different opinions about them. Check out the posting "proscout"  dated April 12, 2005 by Kaluane (sorry for wrong spelling).

Thanks,
Amabelle
www.amabellesingson.com

Apr 17 05 08:23 pm Link

Model

Mystic Princess

Atascadero, California, US

I went to their open calls and they told me that I'm too short for my age. But that is great because than I can do kid or teen parts in movies. They also want lots of money to help you out.

Apr 17 05 09:40 pm Link

Model

Brett

i got selected..but i believe it's a fraud...they basically said you market yourself...and that is true...but they have not done anything for me whatsoever

Apr 18 05 05:42 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

I was able to get an "inside" Proscout as a journalist. They really do send "talent scouts" from agencies listed. However there is a BIG difference that everyone needs to be aware of ... a talent scout does not make any final decisions, the talent "Agent" does.

Unless you are a model who lives far from the offices of the top agents in the World ... AND you can NOT travel to the nearest city where their offices are ... SAVE YOUR MONEY!  Most talent scouts will not go out of their way for you ... you MUST go after the agencies instead! SAVE YOUR MONEY! Then spend it on a nice long trip to the "big" city where the agencies you want to approach are located. If you are aggressive, that is a good thing! I have a beautiful Asian model friend who is about 5'1" tall who moved over from Hawaii to California. She ALWAYS wanted to be in Playboy, and she kept making Playboy aware of her until they finally placed her in a Special Edition!  Perseverance often pays off. Think about that before you "pay off" someone!

Proscout isn't a scam, they are legit, but they are expensive. After all, they are in it to make money ... no guarantees for those who let the "scout" choose the direction of your career.

Apr 19 05 12:44 am Link

Model

Paul Dietz

Los Angeles, California, US

only about 5% of people who go will get an agency out of it.......they are there just for money...its not a scam because they are certified by the Better Business Bureau.. but then again thats nothing to brag about.....HOWEVER..it is REALLY fun to attend..i had a blast when i went..and it inspired me to persue modeling..and i came out learning alot about the business.......so if you have the money then go for it..but your money could go to better things such as photos.......but if you have alot of money to blow..go for it..if you go a second time they lower the price than more than 50%,..like 600 to 200...i never did that.......but if i had that kind of money then i might consider it

Apr 19 05 01:24 am Link

Photographer

Poetic Spectre Imaging

Gig Harbor, Washington, US

Avoid, unless you KNOW with out a doubt, that you're the s***... otherwise, it's a huge, HUGE, waste of money.

Apr 19 05 01:36 am Link

Photographer

Scott Johnson Studios

Wausau, Wisconsin, US

Wow, thanks so much for all of the feedback. I had always heard a lot of stuff about them and I never knew if it was all true or not.

The model I spoke of in my intial post Thanks you too. You can actually see her on my profile her name is Amy.

Scott

Apr 19 05 07:16 am Link

Photographer

Brian Matthews

Chicago, Illinois, US

Take note of what Patrick said, that is very good advice.

Apr 19 05 02:29 pm Link