Forums > Photography Talk > Photo Papers

Photographer

David Holloway

Liberty Lake, Washington, US

Hey everyone! I am using a cheap HP 2175v All in one to print photos since I cannot afford a good printer right now and I would like to know the best photo papers to use? Thanks.

D.

Jul 04 05 10:48 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Be careful when accepting an answer for 'Xtreme Artists', as I think he uses 'Papers' in a different sort of way.

In all seriousness, todays "Cheap" printer was yesterdays "holey chit that thing is outrageously expensive" printer... it's the marketing behind the printers that make you feel that ya gotta run out and get another.  Don't underestimate the power of your printer.  I've gotten great results from even 'cheaper' versions.

With that said, any of the thicker photo papers from HP or Kodak Ultimate should work very well with your printer, the latter with a longer print life (35 to 100 years against light, heat, humidity, and pollution).

There are certain types of paper that don't work well in an HP (I was told the HP ink will not absorb into Epson paper, for instance).

Jul 04 05 10:57 am Link

Photographer

Gary Davis

San Diego, California, US

There are probably others that will work just as well or even better but the "best" hp photo paper is HP Premium Plus

Jul 04 05 01:20 pm Link

Photographer

David Holloway

Liberty Lake, Washington, US

I am currently using Kodak Proffesional Glossy paper..What are your opinions on this paper?

Jul 05 05 05:58 pm Link