Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Jobs that you know allow piercings & tattoos

Photographer

Dark Angel Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

...theme parks...   big_smile

I work at Universal Studios Orlando...   I just wear long sleeved shirts everyday...   tongue

Jan 22 09 06:45 pm Link

Model

Vivid Vivka

Los Angeles, California, US

Art W wrote:

I think they require tats & piercings.

No, just a shitty attitude.

Jan 22 09 07:19 pm Link

Model

Loli Anna

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

__Rose wrote:
Target is piercing and tattoo friendly.

Darn! You said it before I could. But a word of warning about Targets (maybe retail in general) find out about the management and employees first. Because the store is divided up, people tend to form packs and try to weed out co-workers they don't prefer.

I haven't worked many places to know whether it's universal.. but it seemed like the environment was feeding packs on the soft-lines side (clothing and jewelry).

It's a semi-cool place to work if there's no drama. Short breaks though.

Jan 22 09 09:28 pm Link

Photographer

Lex Machina

London, England, United Kingdom

http://modifiedmind.com/employline/retail.html

That's a list of retail chains and their dress codes. I don't know when it was last updated, but it's still a pretty good resource.

I've worked at both Target and Borders in the past.

Jan 22 09 09:35 pm Link

Photographer

Collin J. Rae

Winchester, Virginia, US

I'm a marketing and special projects manager for the largest independent classical music label  / distributor in the world. I have tatts all over my hands / arms / neck / piercings, a purple mohawk and a questionable attitude smile

you could also work in a record store...

Jan 22 09 09:40 pm Link

Model

Constance Ruiz

Beaufort, North Carolina, US

telemarket at a franchise office of some buisness. they wont care.
i work as a tele during the day and sales at night and its awesome pay and also commision on the sales....im covered in tats that show even tho u cant tell in my port, my forarms are now covered as well as tat on my chest etc.....
in a franchise company its up to the owner so try a small buisness or something

Jan 22 09 09:56 pm Link

Model

Natalie Rose

Los Angeles, California, US

Rachel Dashae wrote:
Phone jobs, and a lot of office jobs I've heard don't really care. Some retail places as well.

I work at a corporate office.. I have to take out my gauges and cover up every tattoo that's over two inches so I can't show my sleeve.. but yet there's other employee's that have huge neck tattoos and some people have facial piercing. but at my last job I was working retail at Metro park selling $350 jeans everyday. I could have every inch of my body tattooed and any piercing. It's about how good you are at something and how much effort you put into it and also that job was all about expressing yourself. Some jobs care, some don't. You can't really say a certain line of work is way lenient and the other won't hire you if you have tattoos or piercing. Some bars do care, some don't. Some retail does, some doesn't. Some offices do, ect ect.

Jul 28 09 03:46 pm Link

Photographer

Swank Photography

Key West, Florida, US

Shyla Suicide wrote:
So just curious..what are some "average" paying jobs out that you know piercings and tattoos are allowed at?!
For example, I'm currently working at Blockbuster which allows it...but I don't plan on staying there too much longer.
So where are some places or even just areas of work that I should start looking into for a new job?

Not alot I think...dishwasher, cooks (at some local mom and pop places maybe)...gas stations...definitely tattoo parlors...I think some stores like "Spencers" and other similar stores might as well.

Generally most public places frown on distractive tattoos and peircings.

Jul 28 09 03:49 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

It really just depends on management.  But dress cute when you go for the interview.

Jul 28 09 04:00 pm Link

Model

Frances Jewel

Dayton, Ohio, US

your tattoos are easily hidden since none of them are outside of the range of a normal tshirt. Also, your piercings are on the tame side with just the monroe and lip. Most menial retail jobs will allow you to work without altering your appearance. You could also try factory, but good luck finding one that is hiring! loL!

Jul 28 09 04:04 pm Link

Model

Beccalette Synthetic

Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, Canada

Stripper. smile

Jul 28 09 04:05 pm Link

Photographer

Madejalook

Dover, Delaware, US

Saffron G wrote:
Bodypeircer or tattooist? Probably the only job whre more is better.. I feel like if a peircer or tattooist has a lot themselves, they know thier s*** smile

XXOOXX

Correction, if everyone else they work with is inked or pierced up to the gills, the artist prolly knows what he/she is doing. https://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/persons/189.gif

Jul 28 09 04:05 pm Link

Photographer

Travis Sackett

Reno, Nevada, US

record stores

Jul 28 09 04:06 pm Link

Model

Stella Dean

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I work in advertising. It's all good!

Jul 28 09 04:20 pm Link

Model

BigA-LTL-FARTSY ARTSY

Shenandoah, Texas, US

Heather_G wrote:
Hot Topic!

Ew.  People actually WANT to work there?  I always thought it was sort of like a leper colony for those afflicted with emoitis.

Jul 28 09 04:25 pm Link

Model

BigA-LTL-FARTSY ARTSY

Shenandoah, Texas, US

Constance Ruiz wrote:
telemarket at a franchise office of some buisness. they wont care.
i work as a tele during the day and sales at night and its awesome pay and also commision on the sales....im covered in tats that show even tho u cant tell in my port, my forarms are now covered as well as tat on my chest etc.....
in a franchise company its up to the owner so try a small buisness or something

^^^  left?  sad  What the frick?

Jul 28 09 04:26 pm Link

Photographer

RichSeattlePhoto

Seattle, Washington, US

Paul Bryson Photography wrote:
Depends on the management...

WORD.   IDC what the person wears if they do their job properly.

Jul 28 09 04:27 pm Link

Model

Frances Jewel

Dayton, Ohio, US

BigA-LTL-FARTSY ARTSY wrote:

Ew.  People actually WANT to work there?  I always thought it was sort of like a leper colony for those afflicted with emoitis.

the demand is actually quite high. wanna be "alt" kids all want to work there so they can collect scene points.

Jul 28 09 04:28 pm Link

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Detroit, Michigan, US

Magnus Hedemark wrote:
This is the correct answer.

My day job is in Information Technology.  I have worked for big companies and small.  Right now I work for a particularly big one.  The last big company I worked for allowed me to wear a septum ring, tattoos, a kilt, long hair, etc.

That sounds like Apple.

Jul 28 09 04:36 pm Link

Model

BigA-LTL-FARTSY ARTSY

Shenandoah, Texas, US

Frances Jewel wrote:

the demand is actually quite high. wanna be "alt" kids all want to work there so they can collect scene points.

Afraid to ask, but okayyyyyyy.  Teach me.  What are scene points?  big_smile

Jul 28 09 04:38 pm Link

Model

Elle

Marshfield, Wisconsin, US

I work in nursing, and we are off the books allowed to have small nose studs and some of the people have tongue rings. No eyebrows or lips, though.
Tattoos are allowed, but expected to be covered up while on the clock.

Jul 28 09 04:39 pm Link

Body Painter

Extreme Body Art

South Jordan, Utah, US

These places have already been said I'm sure.. but
Spencer's Gifts
Hot Topic
Tattoo Parlors
The Circus
... Sadly, anyones quest to be "Different"
Hurts their chance for a good paying job.

I did not say it's impossible... it just gets harder the more piercings and tattoos you get.

Jul 28 09 04:43 pm Link

Model

Miss Kali Marie

Port Richey, Florida, US

Haha well right now I work in a bar, but I'm in school for web/video game design.

Some companies where you'll be on the phone...

Lowes, as long as they're not offensive... Lowes is a good company to work for, actually

If you work full-time you get benefits and all employees get a 401k and bonuses and stuff :p

Jul 28 09 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

Jeffrey Engel

Waltham, Massachusetts, US

Pirate

Carny

Junkie #1 and Thug #2 in crimeshow re-enactments

Irate raver on COPS

Backup stripper

Jul 28 09 04:57 pm Link

Model

Kristen_Rayne

Aurora, Colorado, US

Love this article:

http://mag.rankmytattoos.com/ink-meets- … onals.html

20 tattooed professionals.

Sep 10 11 12:13 pm Link

Model

Kristen_Rayne

Aurora, Colorado, US

Love this article:

http://mag.rankmytattoos.com/ink-meets- … onals.html

20 tattooed professionals.

Sep 10 11 12:13 pm Link

Digital Artist

PLD Media

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

GoDaddy.com Last I knew anyway. When I worked there 4 years ago they did, anyway. Some chick had her whole back of her neck "laced" up.

My 2 cents.

Sep 10 11 12:28 pm Link

Photographer

What Fun Productions

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Its popular in prison.

Sep 10 11 12:45 pm Link