Forums > Events > Baltimore Area Summer Funk Meet & Greet #2

Model

Laragh

Baltimore, Maryland, US

David Hilton wrote:
Tim, Tim, Tim...

How do I thank you enough for all of the prep work and grill work for today's event. You did an awesome job and I think I speak for everyone in saying "thank you".

Hear Hear on that!
Especially those tasty burgers NOM NOM NOM ha ha

Jun 28 09 09:28 pm Link

Photographer

Keith S Photography

Lutherville-Timonium, Maryland, US

Post hidden on Jun 29, 2009 05:12 am
Reason: 18+ Images
Comments:
Please do not post 18+ images to the forums.  Use links.

Jun 28 09 09:42 pm Link

Model

Jane Smith Doe

New Market, Maryland, US

Keith Small wrote:
Even the music was good.

beautiful!

Jun 28 09 10:04 pm Link

Photographer

JohnnyB Photography

Catonsville, Maryland, US

Lamia_ wrote:

Hear Hear on that!
Especially those tasty burgers NOM NOM NOM ha ha

I ates me a crunchy one!

Jun 28 09 10:24 pm Link

Model

Katie Damron

Fallston, Maryland, US

sorry, i know this sucks but i'm out of other options...

DID ANYONE FIND AN LG VOYAGER PHONE AT THE M&G??? I DON'T HAVE A LANDLINE, I CAN'T CALL ANYONE AND I CANNOT AFFORD A NEW PHONE... IF ANYONE FOUND IT (IT SAYS PSITHURISM ON THE SCREEN WHEN YOU OPEN IT UP) PLEASE EMAIL ME ASAP!!!

[email protected]

HELP!!!!!!!!

---

and anyone who shot me today... post something hear so i can find you! thanks smile

Jun 28 09 10:47 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Alright, I'll admit it, this whole M&G thing wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. Thanks to THE Tim tongue

You guys are doing an awesome job of posting pictures that are gonna get the thread locked! yikes Links guys, LINKS

Jun 28 09 11:53 pm Link

Model

katlyn lacoste

Seattle, Washington, US

hey everyone. it was great seeing you all out there! i cant wait for the next meet and greet to do it again! (Tim you rule) hope to hear from all of you soon i am excited to see how the pictures have turned out! ! !

talk soon

- katlyn

Jun 29 09 12:04 am Link

Model

Katie Damron

Fallston, Maryland, US

PHONE STILL GONE, LG VOYAGER, HAS "PSITHURISM" UP ON THE SCREEN IF YOU OPEN IT UP...." IF ANYONE SAW ANYTHING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

Jun 29 09 12:11 am Link

Photographer

Sean Baker Photo

San Antonio, Texas, US

Huge props to Tim for another excellent event yesterday.  A lot of work and planning clearly went into what you did, and it paid off wonderfully.  Thank you.

Always great to see everyone - even those of you who photographed me in that damned awful vest wink.  It might as well have had a Nikon logo on it! big_smile

P.S. Let's not get this thread locked by posting 18+ images into the thread, eh?  Per the (annoying?) rules, links are great; pics will end our fun sad.

Edit:  To be clear, I like the pic Keith; just don't want to see this get locked.

Jun 29 09 04:17 am Link

Photographer

EA Photographics

Reading, Pennsylvania, US

Moderator Warning!

Sean Baker wrote:
Huge props to Tim for another excellent event yesterday.  A lot of work and planning clearly went into what you did, and it paid off wonderfully.  Thank you.

Always great to see everyone - even those of you who photographed me in that damned awful vest wink.  It might as well have had a Nikon logo on it! big_smile

P.S. Let's not get this thread locked by posting 18+ images into the thread, eh?  Per the (annoying?) rules, links are great; pics will end our fun sad.

I have hidden the posts from Mickle and Keith so as to prevent this thread from having to be locked.

Jun 29 09 05:13 am Link

Model

NoLongerUsing

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Anyone who shot me please hit me up!

Jun 29 09 05:24 am Link

Photographer

Dogbone Alt-Process

Llano, Texas, US

This film dinosaur hopes to have a few shots ready soon but I'm not as quick as you digital dudes/dudettes. Thanks to all who risked life and limb to swing on the gauze.

Where do I sign up for next year?

Assuming Tim's crazy enough to do this a third time. smile

Jun 29 09 05:49 am Link

Photographer

Tim Prendergast

Baltimore, Maryland, US

EA Photographics wrote:
I have hidden the posts from Mickle and Keith so as to prevent this thread from having to be locked.

Thank you Mr. Moderator... That was very cool of you!

Ok guys and gals - I want to see what you all accomplished yesterday so let's keep the forum rules in mind here... Woot!

---------------

Thank you all for coming out... I'm glad you all had a blast... As best I can figure, we had ~120 people throughout the day. A bunch of people didn't sign the guest sheet, so I have to guestimate. A bunch came by, signed in and took off to shoot and I never saw them... It was a crazy day - in a good way.

Psyth... I didn't see any phones in the pavillion when we cleaned up... I'll keep my ears open about it... Is it posible it might be out wherever you were shooting?

Oh yeah, I did find a black baseball cap - Whittier Police???

Ok... Let's see the cool stuff you all did... Post'em up!

tp

Jun 29 09 06:13 am Link

Photographer

Keith S Photography

EA Photographics wrote:

I claim stupidity, I saw Mickels, and thought huh... I guess if the photo was tagged 18+ it would work the same way in a thread. Doah! I appologize. Feel free to viewz in my port.

Jun 29 09 06:21 am Link

Model

Katie Damron

Fallston, Maryland, US

oh yes, it's still gone... i'm guessing no one's seen it... i'm also guessing not everyone's visited this thread so umm... pass the word along! I NEED MY PHONE BACK!!! *sigh*

Jun 29 09 06:24 am Link

Model

UrbNVision

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I missed this yesterday, but Im gonna do my best to make it to the next one!
Keep me posted!

Jun 29 09 06:26 am Link

Model

Katie Damron

Fallston, Maryland, US

Tim Prendergast wrote:
Psyth... I didn't see any phones in the pavillion when we cleaned up... I'll keep my ears open about it... Is it posible it might be out wherever you were shooting?

Unfortunately, that's definitely a possibility and I was all over the place so yeah... I don't want to dismiss it as a lost cause QUITE yet because I have a weird gut feeling that it's going to show up somehow (I have no idea how but I just do and I'm usually right about these things.. I don't know why!)... so... pass the word along to people who were there and haven't posted anything to the forum.

Freaking phone... you know, I miss the days when it wasn't assumed that you'd be able to be contacted everywhere you went 24/7... you don't answer a text message RIGHT AWAY and you get an angry email about it, you didn't pick up at 4:00 in the morning and it's "why are you ignoring me?" Gah!

Jun 29 09 06:28 am Link

Photographer

Tim Prendergast

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Before I forget, a special thank you goes out to Kieth Small for procuring those awesome burger patties and dogs and such from Wegman's yesterday... You can't make a great burger unless you start with fresh quality ingredients.... And thanks to his lovely assistant for all her hard work as well.

Jun 29 09 06:36 am Link

Photographer

EA Photographics

Reading, Pennsylvania, US

Keith Small wrote:

I claim stupidity, I saw Mickels, and thought huh... I guess if the photo was tagged 18+ it would work the same way in a thread. Doah! I appologize. Feel free to viewz in my port.

No worries.  I just did not want to wait for you to address it and risk having another MOD lock the thread.  This thread has been around too long and Tim and company did way too much great work to let that happen.  smile

Jun 29 09 06:42 am Link

Photographer

Keith S Photography

Much Thanks.

Jun 29 09 06:48 am Link

Model

HippieChick

I had SO much FUNZ!!

And as usual, everyone was lovely. I brought along a new(ish) photographer, who is not yet on MM and just as I suspected everyone was sweet and kind and took time to talk to her a bit. You guys SO ROCK!!!

She did not feel comfortable enough w/ the "scene" just yet to shoot anyone but me. Since we had not before, that was cool and we had a lot of fun.  I wanna put the pic up but *ergh* I guess the size she sent me is too big for my port! Have to figure that out later.

I am sorry I did not get teh chance to shot w/ anyone else, but it was wonderful seeing everyone as always. 

Tim you are a wonderful host!

Jun 29 09 07:03 am Link

Model

Andi C

Hanover, Pennsylvania, US

Thank you so much to everyone for such a great day!
And a special thanks to Tim for hosting yet another great event!!

I had a blast for the short few hours that I was there and I cannot wait to see all the images that come from this great meet!

xox
Andi

p.s. if you shot me.... here is my email so you can send me loverly loverly images.   [email protected]

^_^

Jun 29 09 07:14 am Link

Photographer

Mickle Design Werks

Washington, District of Columbia, US

EA Photographics wrote:

Didn't consider mine to be 18+ since it was an implied but understand your reasoning.

BTW, I've changed my post to a link so you can unhide it.

Edit:
For those that don't want to go back a page here are the images:

https://www.mickledesignwerks.com/delivery/20090628_rachel_dashae104.jpg

18+

http://www.mickledesignwerks.com/delive … hae071.jpg

18+
http://www.mickledesignwerks.com/delive … hae080.jpg

18+
http://www.mickledesignwerks.com/delive … hae092.jpg

18+
http://www.mickledesignwerks.com/delive … e_col1.jpg

Jun 29 09 07:15 am Link

Model

Katie Damron

Fallston, Maryland, US

IT'S BACK!

Hikers found my phone this morning, turned it into the rangers, they opened it up and it has my emergency contacts who called my husband in FL, who emailed me and now i'm going to get it, it's at one of the main office places... omg, crisis averted just in time... to prevent destruction.

*phew!*

Jun 29 09 07:38 am Link

Model

Katie Damron

Fallston, Maryland, US

... wahoo!!!

Jun 29 09 07:40 am Link

Photographer

Dan BW Studio

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, US

Here are Julia, JHo87

https://dansdvd.com/album/IMG_8790web.jpg

https://dansdvd.com/album/IMG_8754web.jpg

Jun 29 09 07:45 am Link

Model

Cassie Hepler

Phoenix, Arizona, US

It's official. I'm stalking this thread to see the awesomeness that came from the meet and greet! Sorry to anyone who wanted to meet or shoot, however my hunk o' junk car ended up costing $320 just to pass inspection. D'oh! Maybe next year?

Or if you like farm animals, check this out https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=468886 I'll be there rocking my birthday suit!

Jun 29 09 07:55 am Link

Model

LiiLii

Frederick, Maryland, US

I feel that there was much success for me here. The lasagna was devoured within the first hour after I arrived.

Jun 29 09 08:17 am Link

Photographer

George Skepton Photo

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Tim - I want to say Thank You again - you did a fantastic job organizing the meet and greet, doing the planning, permits, shopping and doing the cooking - fantastic burgers. I had a great time and it looks like everyone else did too. One more time - thank you.

Jun 29 09 08:17 am Link

Photographer

George Skepton Photo

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I also want to thank all the cool models and other photographers who helped with ideas, advise, and some creative shots. A special thanks to David Hobby for his hands on help and advise with lighting and exposure and to Rodney Mickle for his after shoot advice on lighting and exposure. I'll thank the models as I start getting the photos out in a few days. Again, thanks everybody.

Jun 29 09 08:27 am Link

Photographer

Mickle Design Werks

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Johnny B  was helping me with my shoot with Rachel DaShae and these kids kept coming by on their bikes.  One of them caught a glance and yelled to his boys "there's a girl in her underwear" and they decided that they would keep going up and down the hill to sneek a peek.

Well, in our attempt throw them off, Johnny decided to "pose" to try to trick them into thinking we weren't shooting what we were shooting.

https://www.mickledesignwerks.com/delivery/20090628_rachel_dashae002.jpg

Yeah....MODEL FAIL...lol

Jun 29 09 08:37 am Link

Model

NoLongerUsing

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Hahaha so funny

Jun 29 09 08:43 am Link

Model

Rita Ann

Linthicum, Maryland, US

that's funny  smile

Jun 29 09 09:00 am Link

Model

Jane Smith Doe

New Market, Maryland, US

I am so blown away by the beauty....

Jun 29 09 09:04 am Link

Photographer

Tim Prendergast

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Mickle Design Werks wrote:
Johnny B
Yeah....MODEL FAIL...lol

Oh I don't know... Could be a whole new career path for the big B.... tongue

Jun 29 09 09:06 am Link

Photographer

Ex Voto Studio

Columbia, Maryland, US

Very nice to see everyone.... even though I could just come for an hour.

Cheers,
-troy

Jun 29 09 09:10 am Link

Photographer

Tim Prendergast

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Next time I'm def getting some grill help... My fav models were there and I never got a chance to even touch my camera... sad

Jun 29 09 09:58 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Deese

Rising Sun, Maryland, US

Here's just a couple from yesterday with some quick edits on them to get them posted.

Brexys

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3401/3672478048_3663be8b50_b.jpg

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3368/3672473336_c40b8bfc47_b.jpg

JessicaAH

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2570/3672461040_91b47a7f05_b.jpg

Jun 29 09 10:00 am Link

Model

Lee Loo La

Phoenix, Arizona, US

So lovely to have been invited to this event.

Big props to Tim for his impressive skills behind the grill. Would have been better if there had been hot sauce.....KIDDING! :-P

So many photographers, so little time. Next time, I'm going to have photographers pose with their cards, so I remember their faces!

Big thank yous to everyone I've gotten a chance to meet/work with. I'm definitely going to have to make time for more of these kinds of events.

To anyone I didn't have a chance to work with, just message me and we'll sort something out.

Stay pretty and keep on clicking,

L

Jun 29 09 10:05 am Link

Model

katlyn lacoste

Seattle, Washington, US

yeah. during a couple window shots alot of photographers came over and snapped. if you shot me please get in touch with me. it will be greatly appreciated! cant wait to start setting things up!

Jun 29 09 10:56 am Link