Forums > Model Colloquy > Waist Training and IUDs?

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

Would corset training promote expulsion of an IUD?  I googled this a while back and didn't find anything.

EDIT: The consensus seems to be that no, it does not.  Thanks all!

Mar 14 09 07:37 pm Link

Model

NolaChick

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

I highly doubt it.

Mar 14 09 07:54 pm Link

Photographer

picturephoto

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

It seems unlikely.  Consult a gynecologist.

Mar 14 09 08:01 pm Link

Model

Tamara-marie

Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom

Kita St Cyr wrote:
Would corset training promote expulsion of an IUD?  I googled this a while back and didn't find anything.

dout it
x

Mar 14 09 08:02 pm Link

Model

Fetish Pixie

Montreal, Wisconsin, US

Richard Dubois wrote:
It seems unlikely.  Consult a gynecologist.

Mar 14 09 08:06 pm Link

Photographer

Conceptually Black

Columbus, Ohio, US

While I have inspected many girlfriends in detail even their gynecologists couldn't find with his flashlight, I am not a medical doctor, best to ask your doctor and explain what it involved.

Mar 14 09 08:09 pm Link

Photographer

MTKelly

Midland, Texas, US

This is ONE TIGHT corset!

Mar 14 09 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

Conceptually Black

Columbus, Ohio, US

MTKelly wrote:

I have seen people go down to 14-15 inch waist size, it is sometimes a concern over where organs move to during that time

Mar 14 09 08:16 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

i can't see how it would.  the compression point on a corset would be well above your uterus.

Mar 14 09 08:53 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Normal wearing of a corset (up to about 3” less than your waist) should not be a problem.

‘Tight waisting’ (3 to 5 inches) and corset training is something that should not be attempted by anyone that is not well experienced.

‘Wasp waisting’ (more than 5 inches) can be very dangerous.

I have been doing corset training for more than 15 years. My natural waist is 22” and I can usually ‘tight tie’ down to about 16” for a photo shoot.

I have done an ‘extreme tight tie’ down to 15¼ “ on several occasions for less than 5 minutes. Don’t expect me to breath very much wearing this corset.

Mar 14 09 09:16 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

MTKelly wrote:

Conceptually Black wrote:
I have seen people go down to 14-15 inch waist size, it is sometimes a concern over where organs move to during that time

The world record is 15"
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/rec … erson.aspx

I have been able to make it down to 15¼"

Mar 14 09 09:19 pm Link

Photographer

DDC Studios

Bartlesville, Oklahoma, US

Just don't sneeze!!!

Mar 14 09 09:23 pm Link

Model

Nikki Magnusson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Kita St Cyr wrote:

nope..hasnt caused me any problems with my iud..

Mar 14 09 09:32 pm Link

Photographer

Conceptually Black

Columbus, Ohio, US

JoJo Suicide wrote:

MTKelly wrote:

The world record is 15"

I know it is only 15, but my fat fingers on a tiny blackberry keyboard don't know.

Mar 14 09 09:40 pm Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

JoJo Suicide wrote:
Normal wearing of a corset (up to about 3” less than your waist) should not be a problem.

‘Tight waisting’ (3 to 5 inches) and corset training is something that should not be attempted by anyone that is not well experienced.

‘Wasp waisting’ (more than 5 inches) can be very dangerous.

I have been doing corset training for more than 15 years. My natural waist is 22” and I can usually ‘tight tie’ down to about 16” for a photo shoot.

I have done an ‘extreme tight tie’ down to 15¼ “ on several occasions for less than 5 minutes. Don’t expect me to breath very much wearing this corset.

I'm starting to seriously consider corset training.  From what I've read as long as it's done slowly and gradually, it's safe.  Any recommendations on who I should get in touch with to learn more or books I should be picking up?

Thanks a bunch~

Mar 14 09 11:46 pm Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

Conceptually Black wrote:
While I have inspected many girlfriends in detail even their gynecologists couldn't find with his flashlight, I am not a medical doctor, best to ask your doctor and explain what it involved.

sad Doctors don't seem to know much about corset training...

MTKelly wrote:

I'm talking about something that reduces the waist at least 3 inches, not a glorified tube top.  Of course it's tight.

Mar 14 09 11:46 pm Link

Photographer

Ken Marcus Studios

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Not any more than it would interfere with your cell phone reception.

Dita Von Teese has been doing severe corset training since she was 15 and it hasn't had any detrimental side effects on her yet

KM

Mar 14 09 11:49 pm Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

Ken Marcus Studios wrote:
Not any more than it would interfere with your cell phone reception.

KM

lol

I promise this question made perfect sense in my head...

Mar 14 09 11:50 pm Link

Model

Countess Grotesque

Mandurah, Western Australia, Australia

Waist training doesn't have to be done in such extreme ways. Some people wear them 24/7 apart from when showering while training. You really don't need to do that if you don't want to.
I have been wearing corsets for about 8 years and I find if I just wear one for a few hours every weekend while clubbing etc that over time my waist gets smaller and smaller anyway.

This may sound dodgey but I run a forum about corsets on the website vampirefreaka.com
And it literally has all the info about corsets you could ever need. Every question is answered and if it isn't feel free to ask because there's hundreds of corset wearers on there. (I don't think you have to join to view..not sure)
http://vampirefreaks.com/cult/Corset_whores

Mar 14 09 11:51 pm Link

Model

Pathogenic Confessions

Racine, Minnesota, US

As far as I know, I have never heard of this happening and I have done a lot of research on corsets.
I would ask a doctor, but I am also going to bring this question over to the corsetmakers I know smile

Mar 15 09 09:30 am Link

Model

Janice Marie Foote

Kita St Cyr wrote:

I'm starting to seriously consider corset training.  From what I've read as long as it's done slowly and gradually, it's safe.  Any recommendations on who I should get in touch with to learn more or books I should be picking up?

Thanks a bunch~

Seems like a good model move for you!

Mar 15 09 09:37 am Link

Model

The Main Man

Sacramento, California, US

JoJo Suicide wrote:

MTKelly wrote:

The world record is 15"

Dam...my arm is bigger than that lol

Mar 15 09 09:42 am Link

Model

Melissa Wilkinson

Clearwater, Florida, US

Countess_Grotesque wrote:
Waist training doesn't have to be done in such extreme ways. Some people wear them 24/7 apart from when showering while training. You really don't need to do that if you don't want to.
I have been wearing corsets for about 8 years and I find if I just wear one for a few hours every weekend while clubbing etc that over time my waist gets smaller and smaller anyway.

This may sound dodgey but I run a forum about corsets on the website vampirefreaka.com
And it literally has all the info about corsets you could ever need. Every question is answered and if it isn't feel free to ask because there's hundreds of corset wearers on there. (I don't think you have to join to view..not sure)
http://vampirefreaks.com/cult/Corset_whores

Wow it really makes your waist smaller over time? I gotta try this!

Mar 15 09 12:06 pm Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

Janice Marie Foote wrote:

Seems like a good model move for you!

Thanks!  I like the dramatic shape of a good corset big_smile

Mar 15 09 01:24 pm Link

Model

Katie Ann Hunter

Manchester, England, United Kingdom

i know i'm going to sound dense here
but does corset training cause your lower abs to bulge out?
that is if you're not naturally flat stomached
x

Mar 15 09 01:31 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Harley Hunter wrote:
i know i'm going to sound dense here
but does corset training cause your lower abs to bulge out?
that is if you're not naturally flat stomached
x

Only if the corset is cheap and/or poorly fitted.

Mar 15 09 04:48 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

If you seriously want to do serious corset training get a custom made corset.

The corsets you see on line, in catalogues or at Victoria Secret might be good for wearing out on Saturday night but they are the LAST thing in the world you should attempt to do any serious corset work with.

Having a corset custom made for you is the only way to go but be forewarned, they are far from cheap. I have more than 35 custom made corsets, the cheapest being about $300 and the most expensive at about 1800€. (and photographers think cameras are expensive)

Mar 15 09 07:30 pm Link

Model

Countess Grotesque

Mandurah, Western Australia, Australia

Melissa Wilkinson wrote:
Wow it really makes your waist smaller over time? I gotta try this!

I naturally have a small waist but yes it can make your waist smaller over time.
Here is an example of extreme waist training to give you an idea of how small a waist can go. This is the world record holder for the smallest waist, Cathie Jung.
https://cheeju.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/cathe-jung.jpg She only takes it off to shower.
But often people wear them while sleeping to train as well, but you obviously don't need to go as small as this.

Mar 15 09 07:34 pm Link

Clothing Designer

SINched

Needville, Texas, US

My partner has a Mirena IUD and has had no trouble with tight lacing. You should not have any problems.

smile

Mar 16 09 07:38 am Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

JoJo Suicide wrote:
If you seriously want to do serious corset training get a custom made corset.

The corsets you see on line, in catalogues or at Victoria Secret might be good for wearing out on Saturday night but they are the LAST thing in the world you should attempt to do any serious corset work with.

Having a corset custom made for you is the only way to go but be forewarned, they are far from cheap. I have more than 35 custom made corsets, the cheapest being about $300 and the most expensive at about 1800€. (and photographers think cameras are expensive)

I was looking into maybe Vollers (uk) or getting in touch with TheStitchWitch.

Mar 18 09 10:48 am Link

Model

Fergy

Fenton, Michigan, US

Countess_Grotesque wrote:
I naturally have a small waist but yes it can make your waist smaller over time.
Here is an example of extreme waist training to give you an idea of how small a waist can go. This is the world record holder for the smallest waist, Cathie Jung.
https://cheeju.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/cathe-jung.jpg She only takes it off to shower.
But often people wear them while sleeping to train as well, but you obviously don't need to go as small as this.

yikes  I wear a corset for a few minutes & if its too tight I am sweating & seeing stars.  I can't imagine how she did it.  That chick actually looks a little awkward.

I can't have hubby tie it for me, he always does it way too tight! 

Kita- You shouldn't have a problem with your IUD.  But, if anything changes in your cycle I'd see your Dr right away.  If you are really worried about it call & leave a message with your Dr.  He/She will probably say "What??"  LOL

Mar 18 09 08:22 pm Link

Model

Pathogenic Confessions

Racine, Minnesota, US

Fergy wrote:

yikes  I wear a corset for a few minutes & if its too tight I am sweating & seeing stars.  I can't imagine how she did it.  That chick actually looks a little awkward.

I can't have hubby tie it for me, he always does it way too tight! 

Kita- You shouldn't have a problem with your IUD.  But, if anything changes in your cycle I'd see your Dr right away.  If you are really worried about it call & leave a message with your Dr.  He/She will probably say "What??"  LOL

It just takes patience. Tying slowly down. It took Cathy Jung a while to get where she is (she has been wearing it for well of 20 years now)

Mar 18 09 08:25 pm Link

Model

Mizz Jennifer Dawn

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

I have an IUD and I have wore a corset many of times and its still there. lol. i don;t believe anything you do externally in that nature could bother it. Maybe if you like get in a car accident or something but it would have to be one hell of an injury... So to answer your question from my experience no its not likely.....

Mar 18 09 08:29 pm Link

Model

Sammie Soon

Helena, Montana, US

I did corset training for 4 months. To really get extreme results. not like ms kathy but that sexy extreme waist it takes a while.  Well it takes a while to do it safely.
And it takes ALOT of patience and determination.
Wearing a corset 24/7 for only 4 months was fun but had it's annoyances. Like going to the beach with friends. I'd have to start from point A whenever I get back from the beach because i hadn't worn it the whole time.  Your friends kinda look at you funny if you go swimming with a corset on lol

It's a cool idea, but after trying it myself I now respect the women who have done it for so long more.  I'm probably not going to try to do corset training with the want to get extreme results anymore, though it was a good experience.

I found a few forums about it a while back ago.  I'll see what I can do to find them.

Mar 19 09 12:57 am Link