Forums > Events > Viva "LAS VEGAS" Meet n Greet

Photographer

Hendrick Studios

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

We'll definitely be there! The last one was great and I hope more models show at this one! Yea!

Mar 24 09 08:34 pm Link

Photographer

Phil Edelstein

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I'll try to make it. Just that location is on the other side of town for me.

Mar 24 09 08:41 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Hendrick Studios wrote:
We'll definitely be there! The last one was great and I hope more models show at this one! Yea!

alright you found us... great!!!  we're trying to let everyone know it is still on minus a small snafu...   welcome to the new thread

Mar 24 09 11:04 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Phil Edelstein wrote:
I'll try to make it. Just that location is on the other side of town for me.

hey phil... your complainng about a couple extra miles....i got a guy coming from north california.... top that!!! ....hehehehehe....hey, like i try to tell everyone, if you can make it great, if you cant....you cant, no biggie..

but phil you owe me a a drink buddy....remeber?

Just for those who are now new to this, this is my third one and hopefully a fourth one soon....

Meet and Greet - Central vegas - Olive Garden
Meet and Greet - Summerlin - Gordeon Beursch
Meet and Greet - Henderson - El jefes
Meet and Greet - North las vegas - location and date (tbd)

im trying, im trying to cover it all...but time, resources and energy and being a one man show stops me from doing more of these.

Mar 24 09 11:08 pm Link

Photographer

Drew Santos

Irvine, California, US

Las Vegas is my second home. I have properties in Henderson(Green Valley) and Southern Highlands. I might just make this event and meet wonderful people. smile

Mar 24 09 11:12 pm Link

Model

Nikko Battle

Seattle, Washington, US

hey there ,

Im most certainly gonna come. I am limited with internet at work so most of my net time is at home. Hope you all have a great day!

Vendii

Mar 25 09 08:20 am Link

Photographer

H B P

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

The Main Man wrote:

HOLY CRAP!!!! You have NOOOOO IDEA how much Im craving L&L!! I havent had A Musabi in MONTHS!!!!! lol And Id sure love a combo plate with half a dozen Spam Musabis!!

Are you sure you guys want to go to El Jefes? I really down to get a Kalbi combo with 2 spam musubis on the side. I'll just hit up Aloha Kitchen later on today.

See you guys at the Meet and Greet.

Mar 25 09 10:59 am Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

HBP Photography wrote:
Are you sure you guys want to go to El Jefes? I really down to get a Kalbi combo with 2 spam musubis on the side. I'll just hit up Aloha Kitchen later on today.

See you guys at the Meet and Greet.

dude as much as i like Aloha Kitchen and L&L.. please dont deter people with hawaiin food... come on now bro....LOL

i set this thing up for months and you wanna leer people away with rice bowls and spam.....lol.. dont get me wrong, after the Meet and Greet if the food sucks, then we follow harold and he can buy us a bakers dozen spam masubui's....   

see ya thuesday night brohem....if megan is still doing her mini meet and greet...

Mar 25 09 11:49 am Link

Model

Model Nicole P

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

YEAH!!  Didn't know you were gonna do one in NLV.  I will definately be at that one since I have to miss El Jefe's on the 18th (TEAR).  Swim duty calls (SIGH) but I will be there in spirit...haha...

Mar 25 09 11:54 am Link

Photographer

H B P

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

POLARPICS wrote:

dude as much as i like Aloha Kitchen and L&L.. please dont deter people with hawaiin food... come on now bro....LOL

i set this thing up for months and you wanna leer people away with rice bowls and spam.....lol.. dont get me wrong, after the Meet and Greet if the food sucks, then we follow harold and he can buy us a bakers dozen spam masubui's....   

see ya thuesday night brohem....if megan is still doing her mini meet and greet...

Don't worry, By then I'll be down to get some burritos and wash it down with some margaritas. I just saw "Spam Musubi" and got all excited.

Mar 25 09 02:58 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

HBP Photography wrote:

Don't worry, By then I'll be down to get some burritos and wash it down with some margaritas. I just saw "Spam Musubi" and got all excited.

its all good Harold... maybe when the MAIN MAN hits vegas we can show him around and you know hit the joints they dont have in North Cali.... im sure they are behind a couple restraunts over there....lol

Mar 25 09 03:18 pm Link

Model

The Main Man

Sacramento, California, US

bumpity

Mar 25 09 11:09 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

https://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/polarpics_2007/spam.jpg

spam, rice, and seaweed.... (not pictured, terriayke sauce)

Mar 25 09 11:22 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

The Main Man wrote:
As of Now, the lists have been updated. Many still have not confirmed with me or Mike so please do asap. Its ok if you cant make it, but we would like to know so we can let other people who are on the waiting list know. Thank you all

A waiting list?

I guess I should have confirmed sooner, huh?

Mar 26 09 12:47 am Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

not a waiting list..just a heads up if you are seriously coming...

thats all i need is a head count so the manager whose helping us can have some type of heads up on whose coming.  people tend to know closer to the day of the event more than 3 month ahead of time...

its all good in the hood....smile

Mar 26 09 01:33 am Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

will post a fyer for the day after the Meet and Greet soon... saw a cliche in the format

Mar 26 09 10:41 am Link

Photographer

Xquizit PiX By Lillie K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

POLARPICS wrote:

Is that the sushi place you were raving to me about?  hmmm looks good... ; )   Mike you are doing an awesome job for putting everything together....  Im going to start calling you the 2nd Main Man.... lol

Mar 26 09 11:51 am Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Xquizit PiX By Lillie K wrote:
Is that the sushi place you were raving to me about?  hmmm looks good... ; )   Mike you are doing an awesome job for putting everything together....  Im going to start calling you the 2nd Main Man.... lol

oh no no no no no......this is not even close to the sushi place i really wanna go to...I think we'll have to hit it when the MAIN MAN is in town... its somewhat of a nice treat seeing the chefs work their magic right infront of you...heres their info of their restraunt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyakumi Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar offers fresh sushi prepared by master chefs along with Teppanyaki style cooking and à la carte dishes including noodle soups and grilled items.   Nigiri is served along with both hand and cut rolls, all featuring only the freshest fish and seafood. There are nearly 40 different varieties available.

At our traditional teppan tables, you can enjoy grilled tenderloin, chicken breast, lobster tail, scallops, sea bass or jumbo shrimp. Can’t decide? Choose one of our popular prix fixe four-course dinner combinations. À la carte choices include teriyaki and tempura dishes, Kobe beef, udon and soba soups and seasonal sashimi selections.   Complementing the exotic fare is an extensive beverage selection, with specialty drinks, a variety of Japanese and domestic beer and a varied selection of fine sake.

Reservations: (877) 346-4642
Cuisine: Asian Cuisine
Hours: Lunch daily from 11am - 3pm
Dinner Daily from 5pm - 11pm
Cost: $$$

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

what you see in the pic above goes for about $4...
what you get served at Hyakumi goes for about $40 per sushi plate

Mar 26 09 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE....

Just got off the phone with my cordinator, and she says, we can give you a secondary room, as long as we HIT a minuim of 70 people.

The overflow room is in the "south east corner" of the restraunt by the bar
so overflow if it happens, we will have room for ALL.

The downfall, you will be seperated from the others, but you will be by the bar... good place for those who are margerita fans....lol

I have to double check on the 15th/16th to see if any other group has booked the secodary room, if they havent NOT we will get it at no charge.

ok, thanks for reading.... Mike

Mar 26 09 02:08 pm Link

Photographer

Xquizit PiX By Lillie K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

POLARPICS wrote:

oh no no no no no......this is not even close to the sushi place i really wanna go to...I think we'll have to hit it when the MAIN MAN is in town... its somewhat of a nice treat seeing the chefs work their magic right infront of you...heres their info of their restraunt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyakumi Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar offers fresh sushi prepared by master chefs along with Teppanyaki style cooking and à la carte dishes including noodle soups and grilled items.   Nigiri is served along with both hand and cut rolls, all featuring only the freshest fish and seafood. There are nearly 40 different varieties available.

At our traditional teppan tables, you can enjoy grilled tenderloin, chicken breast, lobster tail, scallops, sea bass or jumbo shrimp. Can’t decide? Choose one of our popular prix fixe four-course dinner combinations. À la carte choices include teriyaki and tempura dishes, Kobe beef, udon and soba soups and seasonal sashimi selections.   Complementing the exotic fare is an extensive beverage selection, with specialty drinks, a variety of Japanese and domestic beer and a varied selection of fine sake.

Reservations: (877) 346-4642
Cuisine: Asian Cuisine
Hours: Lunch daily from 11am - 3pm
Dinner Daily from 5pm - 11pm
Cost: $$$

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

what you see in the pic above goes for about $4...
what you get served at Hyakumi goes for about $40 per sushi plate

Im literally frothing at the mouth... it sounds so good.... can't wait we should hit it up....  yikes looks like Im going to have to save my pennies for this one....  Im breaking out my old piggy banks.

Mar 26 09 02:50 pm Link

Photographer

Xquizit PiX By Lillie K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

POLARPICS wrote:
UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE....

Just got off the phone with my cordinator, and she says, we can give you a secondary room, as long as we HIT a minuim of 70 people.

The overflow room is in the "south east corner" of the restraunt by the bar
so overflow if it happens, we will have room for ALL.

The downfall, you will be seperated from the others, but you will be by the bar... good place for those who are margerita fans....lol

I have to double check on the 15th/16th to see if any other group has booked the secodary room, if they havent NOT we will get it at no charge.

ok, thanks for reading.... Mike

Yeah... now we can invite everyone..... Im sure the news is getting around fast... Im telling everyone I know....   What fun this will be.

Mar 26 09 02:52 pm Link

Model

The Main Man

Image K wrote:

A waiting list?

I guess I should have confirmed sooner, huh?

See ya there smile

Mar 26 09 04:06 pm Link

Model

The Main Man

POLARPICS wrote:

*stomach Growls* lol

Mar 26 09 04:07 pm Link

Model

The Main Man

Yeah... now we can invite everyone..... Im sure the news is getting around fast... Im telling everyone I know....   What fun this will be.

I think what we will probably do is probably call and confirm with everyone early in the week of the event. This way, we can see if the two rooms are needed and also that we can invite everyone.

I know this from experaiance(sc). While I was in the east coast I attended a shoot-out in Long Island. It was the Briar college fundraiser Meet n greet/shootout. There over 40 models who "confirmed" for the event and the organizer had to turn away some of the people who wanted to be there. Come the day of the event, Only a dozen of us models showed up. Ya, about 75% no showed. Worked for me because it gave me alot of one on one time with the photographers. But it wasnt fair for the other models who were turned away before the event even started due to limited space.

So thats why I do ask that if you cant make it, or arent for sure, just let me and Mike know asap. You wont be known as a flake or a canceller if you inform us with enough time to fill in the spots, but instead you will definatly gain our respect for being professional and allowing us the chance to organize this event better. thank you smile

Mar 26 09 04:18 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Im literally frothing at the mouth... it sounds so good.... can't wait we should hit it up....  yikes looks like Im going to have to save my pennies for this one....  Im breaking out my old piggy banks. wrote:

when your absolutely ready to hang with me and do the sushi, let me know... seriously, when you go, you wont be dissapointed.  just hand me $60 and i'll take care of the rest... hows that sound?
https://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/polarpics_2007/sushi2.jpg
https://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/polarpics_2007/sushi1.jpg
https://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/polarpics_2007/sushi3.jpg

This is some of the cool service and food you get when you roll with me

Mar 26 09 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

Mario Santos

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Those are some good images of you enjoying that food, I remeber one time our bill was like $400 bucks... We even saw Tim Roth/actor  in the corner with friends eating here.

Mar 26 09 06:08 pm Link

Photographer

Images Maker

Salinas, California, US

All you sushi eater, there is a very good Japenese buffet that have some great sushi, all you could eat for about $15 for lunch. I don't eat that raw stuff, but if you do, it is a good one. Might be the best in Vegas. Always pack with people. I always see a lot of Japenese people eating there. I go there, when I am in Vegas. I will be in Vegas on the 19th of April.

Mar 26 09 07:45 pm Link

Model

The Main Man

HEY HEY HEY!!!! You guys are gonna scare these people away from the Messican Food and have them craving sushi instead! lol

Mar 26 09 10:35 pm Link

Model

Raven Alexis

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

*Drools* Why did you do this to me? Now I'm going to make my husband go out and find sushi at 12 am in the morning!!!!!!!

Mar 27 09 12:04 am Link

Model

The Main Man

*Sleepwalks into room* "bump"

Mar 27 09 08:58 am Link

Photographer

Xquizit PiX By Lillie K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Images Maker wrote:
All you sushi eater, there is a very good Japenese buffet that have some great sushi, all you could eat for about $15 for lunch. I don't eat that raw stuff, but if you do, it is a good one. Might be the best in Vegas. Always pack with people. I always see a lot of Japenese people eating there. I go there, when I am in Vegas. I will be in Vegas on the 19th of April.

Is the place called Makino?  They have a good sushi buffet.  Hmm Mike it looks like we are in for the sushi count...  : )

Mar 27 09 10:15 am Link

Photographer

Xquizit PiX By Lillie K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

POLARPICS wrote:

when your absolutely ready to hang with me and do the sushi, let me know... seriously, when you go, you wont be dissapointed.  just hand me $60 and i'll take care of the rest... hows that sound?
https://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/polarpics_2007/sushi2.jpg
https://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/polarpics_2007/sushi1.jpg
https://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/polarpics_2007/sushi3.jpg

This is some of the cool service and food you get when you roll with me

What fun... What is the one on the bottom?  Is that Kobie beef........ ok ok enough of sushi lets talk about Mexican....   So at El Jefe's they got great Crab Enchiladas... It has this creamy white sweet sauce....  soooo good.  Thats what Im going to get... well if they have that on the lunch menu.

Mar 27 09 10:18 am Link

Photographer

Images Maker

Salinas, California, US

Is the place called Makino?  They have a good sushi buffet.  Hmm Mike it looks like we are in for the sushi count...  : )

Yep! it is called Makino

Mar 27 09 11:18 am Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

no no no people this place I got to is called Hyakumi Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar inside Ceasars Palace on the las vegas strip.

Mar 27 09 01:13 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Yesterday was a short notice Meet and Greet eating at the Tofu Hu on Spring Mt and Valley View here in Las Vegas

Mar 27 09 03:58 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Totally off of the Orignal "Meet and Greet", but we wanted to show you all a how fun a small mid week meeting goes

Below is Harold, Mario, Megan Jane (center) and me
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/DSC_9223.jpg

Mario, Harold(center), and myself
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/DSC_9219.jpg

Harold and Megan Jane
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/DSC_9211.jpg

Front row: Mike, Christian, Megan, Harold
Back Row:Shawn(hidden) Lillie, Wesfoto, and Mario
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/DSC_9208.jpg

Images courtesy of Lillie K - Xquizit Pix Photography  ~images have been cleared by photographer~

Mar 27 09 08:56 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

ok, time to get serious now....

please email more people and get them involved in this link here. we need people HERE and introduce themselves with a HELLO, HI, Im coming, I have worked with.... , I love mexican food, something that just says that acknowledges their presence in the MM community.  please find me more people to come here.

they dont know about it unless we feed them the link... feed them the link!!!!!

Mar 28 09 08:44 am Link

Model

The Main Man

POLARPICS wrote:
ok, time to get serious now....

please email more people and get them involved in this link here. we need people HERE and introduce themselves with a HELLO, HI, Im coming, I have worked with.... , I love mexican food, something that just says that acknowledges their presence in the MM community.  please find me more people to come here.

they dont know about it unless we feed them the link... feed them the link!!!!!

True. Id like to have so many that we do need a second room. Lets get more of Vegas involved with this event.

MODELS: Invite photographers that you have worked with and let them know about this.

PHOTOGRAPHERS: Invite all the models that you have worked with. Let them know

Mar 28 09 09:01 am Link

Photographer

Images of a Future Muse

Paradise Valley, Nevada, US

The Main Man wrote:

True. Id like to have so many that we do need a second room. Lets get more of Vegas involved with this event.

MODELS: Invite photographers that you have worked with and let them know about this.

PHOTOGRAPHERS: Invite all the models that you have worked with. Let them know

Im having a hard time even getting a response from models on my side.. maybe its my work, maybe its me (maybe its the deodarant im using this week) who knows... but i get alot of read, read, and read, and only one model has replied.. and she said.. Thanks.. no seriously just "thanks"    i just roll my eyes cause i email 15 models, and i get no verbal achnowledgment as well.  maybe if i had new pics in my page... who knows.. but EFF IT... im going to keep tryng

Mar 28 09 09:13 am Link

Photographer

Images of a Future Muse

Paradise Valley, Nevada, US

POLARPICS wrote:
Totally off of the Orignal "Meet and Greet", but we wanted to show you all a how fun a small mid week meeting goes

Below is Harold, Mario, Megan Jane (center) and me
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/DSC_9223.jpg

Mario, Harold(center), and myself
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/DSC_9219.jpg

Harold and Megan Jane
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/DSC_9211.jpg

Front row: Mike, Christian, Megan, Harold
Back Row:Shawn(hidden) Lillie, Wesfoto, and Mario
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/DSC_9208.jpg

Images courtesy of Lillie K - Xquizit Pix Photography  ~images have been cleared by photographer~

thats a cool bolwing shirt... man, i bet you guys have fun when your all hangin out...very cool vibe im sensing

theres a cute girl (in the back)... i wanna see more of her....

Mar 28 09 09:15 am Link