Jul 08 05 06:31 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Posted by * Visual Mindscapes *: 

Posted by David Fish: 
Some of the Models are not really here on this site

Well, Model Mayhem is supposed to have a myspace feel to it right?  lol

Hey man, and if the smoke is really good ... you don't really care if you are here or there!  tongue

.....  hmmm then I'll drag a few mirrors in here and no one will ever know if I'm really here or not!  LOL

Jul 08 05 07:27 pm Link

Model

Lexi Lithium

Tampa, Florida, US

Okay I do beleive managers should pay. But many photogs and models do this as a side thing and have to do other things to feed them selves.

Theda does a great job head hunting when someone blows the wistel about a phoney person/profile. So I don't think making everyone pay would make a diffrance really when it comes to plucking the fakes from the true bodies. Cause some fakes have money to blow. Look at OMP.

Jul 08 05 07:55 pm Link

Model

BeccaNDSouth

Olympia, Washington, US

I'm with the $5/month group, but honestly don't think I could handle much more. I'm not saying I spend as much on modeling expenses as photographers do on their cameras, etc...but since I have a life outside of modeling, I have other expenses that DO equal if not come out to be more than photographers' expenses (clothing cost for kids, clothing costs for myself, daycare, gas, food, travel expenses to shoots since I live in the middle of nowhere, car payments, etc.)

I do still think that it would be a good idea to set a price on a membership, as long as it is equal for ALL members, not different prices like OMP does (which isn't fair, anyway). I think that photographers and models should have to pay the same amount to be on the site. Also, it would be cool to set up a featured photographer and a featured model based on a voting system. Kind of like a contest or something, where the talent is featured for the entire month, and, if by chance the site does go to monthly fee site, then maybe the featured talent could get one month free (for the month they are featured, of course). It's just an idea....

Jul 08 05 08:20 pm Link

Photographer

CocoBongo

Mountain View, Arkansas, US

So many fans of paying a monthly fee ... what are you waiting for MM?

Jul 08 05 08:55 pm Link

Photographer

ClevelandSlim

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

of course MM will become a paysite.  that's how internet business works...

1. develop an idea
2. build the traffic
3. start charging...

example... Yahoo!  as MM's daily operations become more tedious and costly, do you expect them to go get jobs to pay for it, while you guys sit here and post "what's for lunch" all day for free... LMAO

Jul 09 05 12:21 am Link

Photographer

Ken Long

MCALLEN, Texas, US

How about this......

If someone wishes to list themselves as an "Agent or Agency", they they have to provide a business license number for their "agency" in the state that they are based in.  If they cannot provide proof (or the information they give is B.S.) that they are a licensed business, then they can't join as an agency. 

Something tells me, that quite a few would end up not being able to join, whether it's free or pay.

Jul 09 05 02:10 am Link