Forums > Photography Talk > Exhibit Displays...what do you use?

Photographer

Stuart Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

What do you guys use for your exhibits....specifically outdoors when you dont have walls to hang your stuff on?

Jul 08 05 08:01 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Impoverished small children.

Jul 08 05 09:07 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Most people use metal framing.  I do not have the information with me at this time. 

With the metal framing most have a bin of work so that people can flip through to view work.

Jul 08 05 09:21 am Link

Photographer

Stuart Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Posted by theda: 
Impoverished small children.

you're nuts Theda. Now release those tykes to me!

Jul 08 05 10:16 am Link

Photographer

Stuart Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Posted by Jack D Trute: 
Most people use metal framing.  I do not have the information with me at this time. 

With the metal framing most have a bin of work so that people can flip through to view work.

Metal framing? Are you talking about Gridwall panels? If so, I looked at those. I decided to go with Display Panels.

http://www.camcor.com/cgi-bin/catalog.c … 1073673016

Jul 08 05 10:18 am Link

Photographer

Barone Photography

Northampton, Pennsylvania, US

I have only done 2 out shows. Personally I hate them because the elements are too unpredicatable, but the ones I have done I design a space. I have a 12x12 foot easy-up canopy and on 3 side I have floor to ceiling black grid wall where I hang my pieces. Also if electric is nearby, I have spots strung in the frame work of the canopy. The grid wall is not expensive but heavy!

Good luck

Michael

Barone Studio

Jul 09 05 05:19 am Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

The photo places i have seen around here have metal framing that holds huge poster size photos for viewing and you flip thru those. They sit on the floor and its made out of steel tube in a "U" shape and the photos sit in the middle. Kinda like a huge open metal file cabinet draw.
If thats what your talking about, those are cool because you can see the whole photo without removing it from the unit, and you just flip thru them.
The same setup can be easily made using PVC pipe if you wanted something inexpensive and light to carry around. Maybe some other material that is light would work also.
If you have smaller photos like 8x10 you could use the standup desktop file holders that expand open to fit more files (as an example). That would be light weight and easy to carry around for set up and it would hold quite a few photos.

Jul 13 05 02:55 pm Link