What are the pros and cons?  Need feedback
The site is still being worked on.
http://www.powellfulcreations.com
Powell-Ful Creations

Jul 08 05 10:09 am Link

Photographer

Low Tek Photography

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Your site has a good foundation to build upon, but I'm not really digging the splash page.

I don't like the way you're displaying pictures either, having to scroll left and right is always really annoying. If you're handy with PHP and mySQL or know someone who is, get the Coppermine Photo Gallery. Its a gallery system that is free and easy to use.

Also, your links at the bottom may be confusing for some people to navigate around your site. If you're a photographer, having a section called "Graphics" in the header nav, but no "Photos" or "Gallery" section looks confusing.

Jul 08 05 10:29 am Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

I've seen the scroll-left approach before and think it's pretty cool.  Great pictures though and that's the main thing.

Paul

Jul 08 05 11:17 am Link

Photographer

NWDigphoto

Federal Way, Washington, US

Did you hire someone to do your page or did you do it on your own...who is hosting it.....

And yes it is very well done except for the scrolling to the right...I would rather have smaller clicakble thumbs and my images on one page...

But I like the feel.

Jul 08 05 11:28 am Link

Photographer

Powell Ful Creations

Buffalo, New York, US

Thanks for the comments thus far.  I did the website myself...and plan to spice it up a little more this weekend.  I am trying to have a clean and simple way of displaying my images and info.

Thanks again.

Jul 08 05 12:26 pm Link

Photographer

Powell Ful Creations

Buffalo, New York, US

Made a few changes...check it out and give me some feedback.  Thanks

Jul 12 05 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

Low Tek Photography

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I like the Splash Page more, still don't like the left and right scrolling.

Jul 14 05 09:22 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Your images are not protected very well against theft...if that is something you are concerned with.

Jul 14 05 09:30 am Link

Photographer

Powell Ful Creations

Buffalo, New York, US

No one is safe from theft if they post an image on the the web...there is always a way to copy the picture if you can see it.

Im mostly concerned with design issues, layout and picture selection.

Thanks

Jul 15 05 08:50 am Link

Photographer

Low Tek Photography

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Posted by V Powell: 
No one is safe from theft if they post an image on the the web...there is always a way to copy the picture if you can see it.

Im mostly concerned with design issues, layout and picture selection.

Thanks

So true.

If you do change the left and right scrolling thing, you will have to move your main navigation to the top. Having a site built into frames will destroy any chance of someone finding your site via a search and seeing the site correctly (unless you're handy with javascript). If someone were to Google your site and found your Bio page where you talk about yourself and photography, there would be no way for them to navigate to any other page.

What you'll have to do is make the header and footer frame code built into each page. If you want to avoid having to change the navigation or copyright statement over every page on your site everytime you make a change to them, look up how to use server side includes. Or message me privately and I'll see if I can help you that way.

Really great work by the way. =]

Jul 15 05 09:43 am Link