This thread was locked on 2009-06-08 08:41:54
Forums > General Industry > A noteworthy newbie; Nikki Sixx

Photographer

Dean Johnson Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Please help us welcome Nikki Sixx to MM.

He's a newbie to MM but not to photography, as you can see by looking at his work. He takes his work seriously and is here to network with models and stylists/MUA's.
Drop by his page and say hi.

And yes, it's really Nikki Sixx, I made sure of that.
Also make note of his top friend and welcome her to MM as well.
Kat Von D

Apr 02 09 11:52 am Link

Photographer

Tom Linkens

Lititz, Pennsylvania, US

Oh yeah! I so creeped Nikki out at Bryant Park in September 2007.

Apr 02 09 11:54 am Link

Photographer

FotoMark

Oxnard, California, US

Dean Johnson Photo wrote:
Please help us welcome Nikki Sixx to MM.

He's a newbie to MM but not to photography, as you can see by looking at his work. He takes his work seriously and is here to network with models and stylists/MUA's.
Drop by his page and say hi.

Also make note of his top friend and welcome her to MM as well.
Kat Von D

How awesome!!

Apr 02 09 11:58 am Link

Model

Laurel Rae

Tucson, Arizona, US

smile  yay

Apr 02 09 12:06 pm Link

Model

Stella Dean

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Mockingbird Girl steered me his way like a month or so ago. Love his work. Def. see the Joel Peter Witkin influences.

Apr 02 09 12:07 pm Link

Photographer

Terry M Day Jr

Gwinner, North Dakota, US

I really surprised I didn't see him in the American Photo "Photography Rocks" edition.

Cool to see him here.

Apr 02 09 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

so who is that?

Apr 02 09 12:09 pm Link

Model

Marcia Wood

New York, New York, US

serious? he is a photographer as well? awesome.

Apr 02 09 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

Tom Linkens

Lititz, Pennsylvania, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:
so who is that?

One of the founding members of Motley Crue.

Apr 02 09 12:14 pm Link

Photographer

BrooklynHill

Newport Beach, California, US

Let the ass-kissery begin!  Serious though, I love his attitude...I wish him luck...!

Apr 02 09 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

Claude Pena Photography

Sacramento, California, US

Is this really THE Nikki Sixx, or someone just using his name for publicity. Though the style of the photos matches up his personality.

Apr 02 09 12:50 pm Link

Photographer

S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Claude Pena wrote:
Is this really THE Nikki Sixx, or someone just using his name for publicity. Though the style of the photos matches up his personality.

Dean's a member of the moderator team, so when he says the quoted bit below, it's probably true.  wink

Dean Johnson Photo wrote:

Apr 02 09 12:53 pm Link

Model

Shannon Danieley

Camarillo, California, US

awesome:]
I love Kat!

Apr 02 09 12:58 pm Link

Photographer

Daniel Garay

Los Angeles, California, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:
so who is that?

Apr 02 09 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

Nikki Sixx

Los Angeles, California, US

Hello all....Nice to be part of this world.I have about 10,000 images I've shot and sorta kept to myself....I've lost my mind and am completely addicted to photography.I built my own studio here in Los angeles so i can shoot whenever ,whoever or whatever i want.......Ive been doing tons of still life since finding demented imagery is easier than finding models...but i'm now on the search to go to the next level.......I'm looking for retouchers,make up artist and artists in general...and of course models.....

Thanks for the welcome

Nikki

Apr 02 09 03:53 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

*jaw drop*

i

Apr 02 09 04:02 pm Link

Photographer

J Andrescavage Photo

San Francisco, California, US

Heh, I just read an article about your work at school last week (I want to say it was in AmPhoto On Campus, but I may be misremembering). 
Either way, really nice work...

Apr 02 09 04:12 pm Link

Photographer

Crimson Clover

Nuevo, California, US

Welcome to the Mayhem - After looking at your images - No doubts that you will fit right in.  smile

CrimsonC

Apr 02 09 04:22 pm Link

Photographer

Elizabeth May

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom

Nikki Sixx wrote:
Hello all....Nice to be part of this world.I have about 10,000 images I've shot and sorta kept to myself....I've lost my mind and am completely addicted to photography.I built my own studio here in Los angeles so i can shoot whenever ,whoever or whatever i want.......Ive been doing tons of still life since finding demented imagery is easier than finding models...but i'm now on the search to go to the next level.......I'm looking for retouchers,make up artist and artists in general...and of course models.....

Thanks for the welcome

Nikki

Nice to see you here!  It looks like you've got everything all set, and good luck to you.  I love the work you have up so far--incredible lighting.  Just thought I'd say that.  Best wishes!

Apr 02 09 04:27 pm Link

Model

Olivia C-L

Portland, Oregon, US

Cool...their work isn't bad...it's actually good...I didn't like either of them until now...I wasn't a fan of theirs for anything, now I'm a fan of their photography...

Apr 02 09 04:38 pm Link

Model

Stella Dean

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Nikki Sixx wrote:

Thanks for the welcome

Nikki

Well I'm right here in LA, so any time you wanna do something dark with me I'm game!

Apr 02 09 04:40 pm Link

Model

The Main Man

Sacramento, California, US

Where was My Red Carpet welcome when I got here? lol Welcome to the Mayhem and WOW. Very Awesome images

Apr 02 09 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Rochester, New York, US

for the record, dean is the one that dared me to tell nikki sixx that i wanted to have his babies.

Apr 02 09 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Dannielle Levan wrote:
*jaw drop*

i

Apr 02 09 04:55 pm Link

Photographer

Sienna Hambleton

Toledo, Ohio, US

Nikki Sixx wrote:

Thanks for the welcome

Nikki

welcome to the mayhem. smile

Apr 02 09 05:25 pm Link

Photographer

Tom Linkens

Lititz, Pennsylvania, US

Nikki Sixx wrote:

Thanks for the welcome

Nikki

What are the odds you'll also visit the brig if you're a forum regular?

Apr 02 09 05:33 pm Link

Model

Jellokittie

Tampa, Florida, US

Nikki Sixx wrote:

Thanks for the welcome

Nikki

Welcome. We'll be waiting for you over in SF2. You'll fit in well there. tongue

https://www.modelmayhem.com/t.php?forum_id=21

Apr 02 09 05:52 pm Link

Photographer

Marc Rosebeck

Albany, New York, US

huge fan here, welcome

Apr 02 09 05:57 pm Link

Photographer

B Browder Photo

Charleston, South Carolina, US

So where are the Girls Girls Girls?

Apr 02 09 06:08 pm Link

Model

Jellokittie

Tampa, Florida, US

Motley Crue was actually my first concert ever--they were opening for Ozzy! smile

Apr 02 09 06:35 pm Link

Model

ElleV

San Antonio, Texas, US

Welcome to MMhttps://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/tigres114/smiles/sadomaso.gif

Apr 02 09 07:14 pm Link

Model

Elle

Marshfield, Wisconsin, US

Your work speaks for itself...I cannot wait to see more images.
Thank you for choosing to share it and create more with us smile
Elle

Apr 02 09 07:21 pm Link

Retoucher

Retouching Fantastique

New York, New York, US

Welcome, Mr. Sixx, and Ms. D.

You get my standard cut-and-paste advice...

Read this stuff (yes, you have to):
The MM FAQ
Unofficial Site Related FAQ
New to MM? --READ THIS FIRST!
CLT's Survival Guide For MM Newbies
New Models dot com
The list of answers already answered

Apr 02 09 07:27 pm Link

Model

Janice Marie Foote

Nikki Sixx wrote:

Thanks for the welcome

Nikki

It's certainly a better addiction than the needle in your arm that almost took your life away so many years ago!  So it's great to see you around and living out another creative addiction.  Yes, I've seen you live before you enjoyed your music.  And I must say wow your images are real good!

Apr 02 09 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Demm,I guess there is someone higher up on the food chain here than me on the "working heavy metal musician" ladder...
Welcome to the Mayhem from one metalhead to another.

Apr 02 09 07:47 pm Link

Model

Nori Zay

Washington, District of Columbia, US

@_@ They're good photographers...but I dunno them outside their MM ports +_+
I'm culturally disconnected.
*fail*

EDIT: Never mind, Google.com saved me ^_^

Apr 02 09 07:55 pm Link

Photographer

SPRINGHEEL

Detroit, Michigan, US

Always nice to have another dark photographer around here....

Hopefully you can be as famous as me one day....wink

Apr 02 09 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

A_Nova_Photography

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, US

Pretty Cool....

Apr 02 09 08:06 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I saw you on Gretta a couple weeks ago. Hilarious how she kept trying to touch your boots and you told her to keep her hands off your shit.

I can't stop playing "Mother Fucker of the Year" on my iPod... fwiw.

Apr 02 09 08:15 pm Link

Photographer

Tom Linkens

Lititz, Pennsylvania, US

IIRC. N. Sixx is somewhere in this picture, from a roll of film that only went to the first frame.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/Lunatock/NYFW/Roll1001.jpg

Apr 02 09 08:32 pm Link