Forums > Model Colloquy > Underwater Modeling: Are you a "Water Baby"?

Model

Tarachin

London, England, United Kingdom

Missy_W wrote:
Cool, thanks for adding me to the list!

Your welcome big_smile

May 21 09 02:50 pm Link

Model

not on MM anymore 2010

Tarachin wrote:

You can find most of the UW photographers on my list https://www.modelmayhem.com/list.php?list_id=20740

But sadly I only know one which is in up North, he is on my top 12... smile

thank you for adding me to the list dear!

I am soo looking forward to learning and experimenting with this stuff. I suppose it will be more likely now, after I am on THE LIST.

May 21 09 02:50 pm Link

Model

Tarachin

Lucinda Leigh wrote:
I'm having a bit of trouble posting the water babies banner in my profile, am i doing it wrong somehow?

Did you take the ( * ) symbol out of the code? Ill send you the full code on your profile tags.. should work fine wink

May 21 09 02:56 pm Link

Model

Esme Sophia

Sacramento, California, US

I am an underwater baby! lol...I actually have never done an underwater shoot but I have an audtion to do one on June 7th! Any advice? smile

May 21 09 02:58 pm Link

Model

not on MM anymore 2010

Esme Sophia wrote:
I am an underwater baby! lol...I actually have never done an underwater shoot but I have an audtion to do one on June 7th! Any advice? smile

wait... I think we are going to the same one!

is it in Redwood City?

May 21 09 03:01 pm Link

Model

Tarachin

TwiGGy BladeZ wrote:

Thank you, I am really exited about the thought. ^.^

Your most welcome, let me know when ya have an UW shoot... I am soo exited for everyone! big_smile

May 21 09 03:02 pm Link

Model

Esme Sophia

BeautyIsACurse wrote:
wait... I think we are going to the same one!

is it in Redwood City?

wait....I think so! lol... They have auditions for both the 6th and 7th...man...hopefully its not for one position! lol smile

May 21 09 03:03 pm Link

Model

Abby Hawkins

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I've yet to do these poses in front of a camera, but every time I'm in my complex's pool (even to just swim laps), I'm practicing my poses and movements underwater.  If people who pretend they're water babies can be added to the list, I'd love to be added to the list smile

May 21 09 03:04 pm Link

Model

Tarachin

Tamee_ wrote:
Hi!  Thank you so much for adding me as a waterbaby!!  I swam competitively for 14 years, and now have a job performing underwater as a mermaid in Las Vegas.  It has been so much fun seeing how my ties to the water evolve and continue throughout my life.  Underwater modeling is a natural extension of what I do.

It is so great that you have this list!!!

(oh, and I guess, as I make part of my living underwater, that you could catagorize me as "professional".  We made E!'s 12 Sexiest Wet n' Wild jobs as #2!!!)

You naughty girl! Why dont you have anymore pictures in your port...? And of course I will add you as pro, Im overjoyed you let me know big_smile mermaids are very rare and I would be happy to see any videos an more more more pictures of you..ehehheh big_smile

I honestly never knew they had mermaids in Vegas, but then again, Im very new to the US...

Okies, off to change your title... and if possible, add more UW images to your port k?

VT*

May 21 09 03:06 pm Link

Model

Tarachin

Emily Griffin wrote:
I've done an underwater shoot.  I almost became a lifeguard when I was younger and I have lots of dance experience: those two help me feel comfortable and graceful underwater.  I've also got a just-above-water picture in my port.

Ill add you, but we really need to see at least one UW image in your port... Im exited to see big_smile

May 21 09 03:10 pm Link

Model

not on MM anymore 2010

Esme Sophia wrote:

wait....I think so! lol... They have auditions for both the 6th and 7th...man...hopefully its not for one position! lol smile

i do not think so smile i collaborate, not fight with models

May 21 09 03:12 pm Link

Model

Tarachin

BigA-LTL-BEEFCAKE Page wrote:

Bring it on, bitch!  big_smile

I second that...muahahhahahah...tongue

May 21 09 03:20 pm Link

Model

Tarachin

James Wiseman wrote:
Haha! 

That reminds me of the time I shot the photographs for "Mastering Swimming."  The models were all Olympic swimmers!  I could barely keep up w/ them, even w/ my fins on.

James

Sigh* Those Olympic swimmers, I swear they are not human...lol..

May 21 09 03:22 pm Link

Model

Tarachin

BeautyIsACurse wrote:

thank you for adding me to the list dear!

I am soo looking forward to learning and experimenting with this stuff. I suppose it will be more likely now, after I am on THE LIST.

Yup, im just givin ya a lil nudge... hehe wink

Your welcome, anything I can do to help big_smile and make sure you dont forget to drop by when you have done an UW shoot... Ill be sad if ya dont sad

Have a great time!

May 21 09 03:24 pm Link

Model

Esme Sophia

BeautyIsACurse wrote:

i do not think so smile i collaborate, not fight with models

lol me either...should be fun though!! I think I am going to practice tonight lol

May 21 09 03:27 pm Link

Model

Tarachin

Esme Sophia wrote:

Just dont panic when you are under, make sure to hold a calm expression ALWAYS, and let all the air out of your lungs to sink to the bottom.. apart from that, good luck and have fun!

Let me know how it goes... Im not sure if you mean you really are a water baby, let me know your water background, I only add Novice members if they have spent a good part of their lives in water...

Thanks dear smile

May 21 09 03:28 pm Link

Model

Tarachin

Esme Sophia wrote:

Im pretty sure its the same one, I was suppose to go for it, am not available to travel though sad

May 21 09 03:29 pm Link

Model

Stella Dean

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I've never had an underwater shot but have training as both a dancer and also spent copious amounts of my childhood and adulthood under water.

Please add me.

Los Angeles, CA

May 21 09 03:32 pm Link

Model

Esme Sophia

Tarachin wrote:

Just dont panic when you are under, make sure to hold a calm expression ALWAYS, and let all the air out of your lungs to sink to the bottom.. apart from that, good luck and have fun!

Let me know how it goes... Im not sure if you mean you really are a water baby, let me know your water background, I only add Novice members if they have spent a good part of their lives in water...

Thanks dear smile

Great advice. I was wondering about the sinking part...didn't want to be floatin all about...lol..

But yes I LOVE water, I love to swim...this is why summer is my fav season... smile

No real background, like being a life gaurd or anything...I just really love to swim..

May 21 09 03:32 pm Link

Model

Emily Griffin

Tarachin wrote:

Ill add you, but we really need to see at least one UW image in your port... Im exited to see big_smile

Thanks for adding me!  I know I have a print of the photo, but I forget if I ever  received a digital file.  I don't think I did.  I just messaged the photographer, so hopefully I'll receive that and post it soon :-D

May 21 09 03:33 pm Link

Model

Tarachin

Abby Hawkins wrote:
I've yet to do these poses in front of a camera, but every time I'm in my complex's pool (even to just swim laps), I'm practicing my poses and movements underwater.  If people who pretend they're water babies can be added to the list, I'd love to be added to the list smile

Dear, no one is pretending to be water babies, all those who have been added are either water babies from birth or have spent nearly thier entire lives swimming, diving, synchronizing, and playing, dancing or doing acrobats in water...

The word "waterbaby" does not imply that they have to be born in water...

May I ask how long you have been swimming?

May 21 09 03:34 pm Link

Model

Esme Sophia

Tarachin wrote:

Im pretty sure its the same one, I was suppose to go for it, am not available to travel though sad

aww Im sorry to hear that! sad This will actually be my first "audition" to do a shoot... so not only being that it will also be my first time being shot underwater... can u say nervous? yes i am... lol...

May 21 09 03:35 pm Link

Model

Tarachin

Stella Dean wrote:
I've never had an underwater shot but have training as both a dancer and also spent copious amounts of my childhood and adulthood under water.

Please add me.

Los Angeles, CA

Added ya big_smile

May 21 09 03:42 pm Link

Model

Tarachin

Esme Sophia wrote:

Great advice. I was wondering about the sinking part...didn't want to be floatin all about...lol..

But yes I LOVE water, I love to swim...this is why summer is my fav season... smile

No real background, like being a life gaurd or anything...I just really love to swim..

Okies, Ill add ya, but make sure ya let me know when you have done a shoot ya?

Best of luck... big_smile

P.S. add the banner to your port if you like, the code is on the OP wink

May 21 09 03:45 pm Link

Model

Tarachin

Emily Griffin wrote:

Thanks for adding me!  I know I have a print of the photo, but I forget if I ever  received a digital file.  I don't think I did.  I just messaged the photographer, so hopefully I'll receive that and post it soon :-D

Lovely! I hope to see it soon! big_smile

May 21 09 03:48 pm Link

Model

Esme Sophia

Tarachin wrote:

Okies, Ill add ya, but make sure ya let me know when you have done a shoot ya?

Best of luck... big_smile

P.S. add the banner to your port if you like, the code is on the OP wink

Thanks for the add! smile I will def. let you know when I do! Hopefully, this audition works out!

Can I aadd the banner to my page even if I dont have a VIP account? I have a premier acct. i think i might need to upgrade smile

May 21 09 03:49 pm Link

Model

Tarachin

Okies me water babies, Im off back to work... chat soon!

May 21 09 03:49 pm Link

Model

Abby Hawkins

Tarachin wrote:

Dear, no one is pretending to be water babies, all those who have been added are either water babies from birth or have spent nearly thier entire lives swimming, diving, synchronizing, and playing, dancing or doing acrobats in water...

The word "waterbaby" does not imply that they have to be born in water...

May I ask how long you have been swimming?

Lol of course I didn't mean that a water baby list would be a list of those who had underwater births.  I didn't know if people who hadn't actually done a shoot underwater would count.

I've been "swimming" (I put it in quotes because most of the time I was just diving underwater and swimming for fun/exploring underwear and pretend posing) my entire life.  I've been working on my actual form while swimming/swimming as a disciplined exercise for a year.

May 21 09 03:58 pm Link

Model

E R I N _

San Francisco, California, US

I've done underwater shoots... and I should be doing more this summer.
My dancer's background really helps in these kinds of shoots, its great to get creative and allow your flowing movements to become an underwater dance. I love it, the photos that can come of them are like nothing else, free and ethereal... I am very much inspired (still) by the oracle scene in 300.

I'd love to be added to the list! smile

May 21 09 08:00 pm Link

Model

Laura A Shodire

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

I want to be!

May 21 09 08:21 pm Link

Model

Kristyn Davis

Tripoli, Iowa, US

I've never done UW modeling but think it would be amazing, seeing as how I Love being in the water! I used to go swimming ever day of the summer for about 4 hours a day! I miss it!

May 21 09 08:26 pm Link

Photographer

BRIGHTDAY UNDERWATER

Annandale, Virginia, US

Tarachin wrote:
https://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o113/tarachin/Decorated%20images/Underwater-2-1.jpg

https://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o113/tarachin/Decorated%20images/Underwater-3-1-2-1-2.jpg

~ Whether you are experienced or not in the underwater world, Pls feel free to ask me any questions regarding the subject, this is an open topic for those interested in UW work ~

https://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o113/tarachin/Decorated%20images/Underwater-3-1-2-1-1.jpg

To add the linked banner above, cut & paste the code below to your bio section (be sure to remove the (*) from both url & img):

[u*rl=http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=449215&page=][i*mg]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o113/tarachin/Decorated%20images/Underwater-3-1-2-1-1.jpg[/i*mg][/u*rl]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ POOL RENTALS ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you have a pool you wish to rent, send me a msg/comment stating:

- The location
- Size
- Shape
- Depth
- Pool color
- Whether the pool is salt water, chlorinated or purified
- Seasonal/day availability

I will then add it here with a link to your profile, thank you.

~ CALIFORNIA ~

San Diego & Carlsbad. 2 pools available, will update this section soon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ UW COACHES, TUTORS & MORE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Pls inform me if your an UW tutor or have any other extra UW credentials, I will add you to this section as well)

Tamee ~ Las Vegas, Nevada ~

Tarachin ~ San Diego, Worldwide ~ UW creative assistant/director, pose tutor, coach, choreographer - PM for details

************************* NOTE FOR UW BABIES/MODELS *************************

(Will update this section soon with more info on underwater modeling)

- This thread is dedicated to all the Water Babies & Underwater Models worldwide!

(You do not have to be a water baby from birth to be a TRUE water baby, just someone who has spent a good part of their life swimming and doing acrobats in the water, i.e. swimmer, diver, synchronize, dancer, acrobat, etc. PLS STATE YOUR WATER BACKGROUND WHEN REPLYING!)

- I really would love to find some water babies on MM... we are few and far in between...natural water babies have a gift that is very unique and I feel the need to discover who they are smile

- Ive seen so many models who are truly incredible above water but fail to be as graceful below water. I do understand that its all a matter of how your move (most UW models are dancers), if you can hold a calm expression and whether or not you can hold your breath for longer then 20 seconds without panicking.

- Models who spent time in the water most of their life are the ones who know how to move gracefully UW. My teammate Jennifer Victoria and I did the exact same thing while growing up, we both used to do crazy acrobats while swimming for the fun of it, never knowing that it would one day benefit us and our full time UW career. I have been swimming from before my first birthday and have never stopped... its like its my natural habitat..lol...

- It would be really nice to find water babies to keep in contact with, so if you are a water baby, let me know, and I will keep this list for when underwater photographers who are looking for new models to work with in future...

- Pls state if you are comfortable doing nudes or not.

- The title "Novice", implies the model has not yet done underwater work but is a natural water baby.

- The title "Experience", implies the model level is anywhere from beginner up to advanced, it means that the model has done at least ONE underwater shoot.

- The title "Professional", implies the model does UW work as a career/profession and/or on a regular basis. (pls inform me if you do this for a living, Im not psychic ... or am I...muahahhah tongue )

- Show us your work! If you have done underwater work, show us you have, so we can see your progress... its fun to see a model grow wink

May 21 09 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

BRIGHTDAY UNDERWATER

Annandale, Virginia, US

Modelling Underwater Is Highly Psychological.

May 21 09 08:53 pm Link

Model

Emily Griffin

I finally posted one of my underwater photos:

http://modelmayhm-5.vo.llnwd.net/d1/pho … 8d3c2b.jpg

https://modelmayhm-5.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/090522/03/4a168278d3c2b_m.jpg

May 22 09 03:52 am Link

Model

cheyboo

Tarachin wrote:

I would love to see your work, you should post some here on MM smile

We may have different perceptions when it comes to the height of an underwater model. I am sure there are those who are tall and can move gracefully but they look much better when doing underwater fashion work, not nude art. Having taller models makes the poses look more stiff, but as I said, I am sure there are those few who are good underwater even being tall smile

Pls post some of your work, I would love to see smile

May 23 09 08:32 am Link

Model

ClaireTaylor

Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa

Ive done 2 UW shoots. So much fun!

May 23 09 11:09 am Link

Model

General K Mayhem

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Thanks so much for your add! It's a great thing you're doing here!

May 23 09 04:19 pm Link

Model

Camilla Maris

Turin, Piemonte, Italy

I've never done an underwater shoot but I would really like to!  I have a lot of dancing experience, am very comfortable in water and was a lifeguard.  Water is a constant in my life... whenever I'm upset or stressed, I run to water to feel better... if I join a gym, it's for the pool, and my dreams are almost always about water, or have some sort of water (river, lake, pool, snow, you name it) in them. 

Please add me!  I want to play underwater smile

May 24 09 08:55 pm Link

Model

Skinny Ashley

Santa Barbara, California, US

Awesome! I am stoked to be on this list

May 25 09 04:02 pm Link

Model

Eric J Ducharme

Tampa, Florida, US

Hello,

I consider myself a "Professional" if you want to call it that! I am located in Florida and love to travel the world and see new places and environments.

From a very young age I have been performed underwater, modeled underwater, and created costumes for underwater shows. I have worked with large and small clientele.

I love working underwater because it is another world that I am able to be a part of and interact with to create a masterpiece! Whether I am modeling, playing safety, training models/ performers, creating costumes, or just playing while working, I have done it all!

I am also please to say that I create custom made mermaid tails which are able to be used underwater as well as above water. You can view/ purchase my designs at www.mertailor.com.

And get this, I also am a traveling underwater performer. Yes, that is correct!

I have my own custom created aquarium which allows me to perform for you!

Not only do I/ we do performances but I also rent the aquarium by the hour to photographers with great imaginations!

I use to do all of my own photography as well both above and underwater so I understand where the photographer stands, or should I say swim? This brings me to my next point! I am pleased to say that I work with a great photographer who I call my "Mermaid Photographer", Annette Batista. Her and I have been working together on my mermaid project for almost a year and love to add new concepts, ideas, and individuals with the same creative side like us to our project!

I hope to work or train with you sometime in the near future!

Please feel free to contact me with and questions you may have!

Thanks for your time!

Eric J. Ducharme
AKA The Mertailor

www.mertailor.com
[email protected]

352 302 9218

May 25 09 07:09 pm Link