Forums > General Industry > Modeling Team(s)

Photographer

Robb Radford

Margate, Florida, US

OK I'm curious here and I think this term came out of internet modeling. "Model Team" WTF? I didn't know there were games that involved modeling TEAMS. Do they get hired as a whole? Looks more to me like Here's a pimp and his girls kind of thing. Maybe it's just me but I don't get it lol.

Jul 11 05 08:38 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Yeah, that one kinda makes me go "hmmmm...." too.

Jul 11 05 09:07 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

We need an educated reader who is knowledgeable in the realm of Import modeling.

Wait is my sentence sort of an oxymoron?

Jul 11 05 09:13 am Link

Model

Simply Sonya

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Actually - I use to be a part of a NC modeling team.  All we did was allow promo companies and/or agencies to choose from the "group of models" we listed on our team.  It was suppose to help with the selection process - making it faster & easier.
Simply *my two cents* Sonya

Jul 11 05 09:17 am Link

Photographer

Robb Radford

Margate, Florida, US

Posted by Jack D Trute: 
We need an educated reader who is knowledgeable in the realm of Import modeling.

probably cause your a moron smile

Import modeling (aka trade show modeling) just a fancy name for something that's been around for as long as models have.

Jul 11 05 09:37 am Link

Model

Chris Winters

West Hollywood, California, US

simply sonja is pretty much accurate... in addition, team modeling  is when you have groups of models that shooters are rotated to work with.

they are broken up to conserve time and to divide the time between models evenly. sometimes there could be a model or a photographer who happens to be 'the most requested' in which maybe unfair to others. so teams and time are alloted.

Jul 11 05 04:03 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Posted by Robb Radford: 

Posted by Jack D Trute: 

Import modeling (aka trade show modeling) just a fancy name for something that's been around for as long as models have.

Look Bobb, 

You tard.   Modeling has been around for ages.  Maybe stupid chicks have also but not cameras and cheap clothing.

Jul 11 05 04:13 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Posted by Robb Radford: 

Posted by Jack D Trute: 

Yes, trade show modeling... "the oldest profession."

*runs from the hail of rotten vegetables loosed at him by the jumbo-implanted set*

Jul 11 05 05:33 pm Link

Photographer

Havoc Brand

Crown Point, Indiana, US

Model teams are a simple way for models to get exposure and be able to work in a group. Safety is very important in modeling, Plus it is an easy way for beginning models to learn about the industry from more experienced models.

Besides where is the issue with having too many beautiful women?

Jul 12 05 09:26 am Link

Model

Los Angeles, California, US

Posted by DrifterStudios: 
Model teams are a simple way for models to get exposure and be able to work in a group. Safety is very important in modeling, Plus it is an easy way for beginning models to learn about the industry from more experienced models.

Sounds like a good idea to me smile

When I read "team" I thought - photographer, model, mua, stylist, etc. - or any combination of those

Jul 12 05 11:06 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Posted by Sara Green: 
When I read "team" I thought - photographer, model, mua, stylist, etc. - or any combination of those

Yeah, I was thinking "full crew" when I read it, then I thought "bikini teams" and realized what it really was... exploitation of the buxoms... car & boat show teasing teams... girls gone wild, minus the flashing, plus a little cash.

Jul 13 05 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by DrifterStudios: 

Ahhh..so you must be the target audience that supports these teams.

Jul 13 05 01:13 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

The modeling "Team" concept became popular after the highly successful beer advertising campaign using the mythical "Swedish Bikini Team".

Since then other types of "bikini teams" have popped up all over the place to promote one product or another.

Being that this is the internet, many of the "bikini teams" that are promoted really are non-existant.

Jul 13 05 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

Fred Brown Photo

Chicago, Illinois, US

Yeah modeling teams have been around for ages. One very popular one is hosted by Ebony Fashion Fair. It's a team of models that travel nationally and do fashion shows with clothing provided by different designers. Alot of liquor companies also have teams.

Jul 13 05 01:58 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Posted by Fred Brown: 
Yeah modeling teams have been around for ages. One very popular one is hosted by Ebony Fashion Fair. It's a team of models that travel nationally and do fashion shows with clothing provided by different designers. Alot of liquor companies also have teams. 

... which is funny because they often send them places where you can't drink the water.

Jul 13 05 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Posted by Ched: 

Posted by Fred Brown: 

... which is funny because they often send them places where you can't drink the water.

Did you all drink the water last night?

Jul 13 05 03:41 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

Modeling teams.  You see them all the time.  They are called promotional models... not an internet term.

Jul 14 05 05:29 am Link