Forums > Model Colloquy > hip measurements

Model

Danielle Bourke

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

I was just wondering where you measure your hip?
My agency measure a low hip and high hip for me, so i was wondering which one you use as your hip measurement?
I have had people tell me that your true hip measurement is where your hip bones are, and others tell me that its half way down your bum...

I would love to know where to measure, as I'm re-doing my measurements today as i have lost some weight.

Thanks,
Danielle.

May 21 09 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

San Francisco, California, US

Danielle Bourke wrote:
My agency measure a low hip and high hip for me, so i was wondering which one you use as your hip measurement?
I have had people tell me that your hip measurement is where your hip bones are, and others tell me that its half way down your bum...

I would love to know where to measure, as I'm re-doing my measurements today as i have lost some weight.

Thanks,
Danielle.

It's the fattest part of your butt.

http://blog.patyuen.com/lessons/mmhelp01/

May 21 09 03:55 pm Link

Model

Esme Sophia

Sacramento, California, US

Danielle Bourke wrote:
I have had people tell me that your true hip measurement is where your hip bones are, and others tell me that its half way down your bum...

Thanks,
Danielle.

I would say its the middle of your hip. The widest part of hip. smile

May 21 09 03:55 pm Link

Model

Jolene Parton

Oakland, California, US

the low hip is the standard hip measurement, it's below your hipbones, around the fullest part of your hips/butt.

May 21 09 04:14 pm Link

Model

Emily Griffin

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Measure your hips at the widest part.  On a woman, that means about half-way down your ass.

May 21 09 04:17 pm Link

Model

Gigi Wilde

Wayne, New Jersey, US

You measure the fullest part of your hips, so that you know the clothes will fit you at your biggest part.

May 21 09 04:34 pm Link

Model

Kam Arose

Berkeley, California, US

Hip = ass.

May 21 09 04:44 pm Link

Photographer

Pixel Fist

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

Kamarose wrote:
Hip = ass.

The fullest part of your ass, but the tape has to go around you sorta like a belt. smile

May 21 09 07:03 pm Link