Forums > General Industry > Getting to the top?

Photographer

Andrew Thomas Evans

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Star the retoucher wrote:
No only sleep with the single, divorced, estranged and widowed photographers.

Well and sleeping with models who are married or even who have bf's is a pain too. Or at least here in this market it is, maybe things are different in the bigger cities.

Jun 02 09 11:41 am Link

Model

CGL

Chicago, Illinois, US

JessicaLange wrote:
What an incredibly horrifying experience that would be.
Don't ever do sexual favors for anything or anyone ever!
Unless it's for your hubby & you want to be in charge of the remote for once! :-P

^ ^

Jun 02 09 11:41 am Link

Photographer

StephenEastwood

Great Neck, New York, US

Andrew Thomas Designs wrote:
Thank you Mr Eastwood for that real world input.

tongue

OK, in the real world, some do sleep with someone and get ahead, but in reality, more often (as in most often) what occurs is this.  Model sleeps with photographer to get ahead, he then says, "get ahead?  I thought you said you wanted to give head!  Oh sorry, my mistake  hmm "

hope that helps sort this all out  big_smile

Stephen Eastwood
http://www.PhotographersPortfolio.com

Jun 02 09 11:42 am Link

Photographer

Andrew Thomas Evans

JessicaLange wrote:
What an incredibly horrifying experience that would be.
Don't ever do sexual favors for anything or anyone ever!
Unless it's for your hubby & you want to be in charge of the remote for once! :-P

"hi hunny, I'd like to play with the remote tonight... No, not that one, I mean your remote!"

big_smile

Jun 02 09 11:43 am Link

Photographer

Kat Torgashev

on top of what? smile

Photographer

Andrew Thomas Evans

StephenEastwood wrote:
OK, in the real world, some do sleep with someone and get ahead, but in reality, more often (as in most often) what occurs is this.  Model sleeps with photographer to get ahead, he then says, "get ahead?  I thought you said you wanted to give head!  Oh sorry, my mistake  hmm "

Stephen Eastwood

Does he say that before or after the sleeping has been done?

I need to know these things before I go to nyc!

Model

CGL

Chicago, Illinois, US

Paul Bryson Photography wrote:

Do him, and all of us, a BIG sexual favor: Cut off his penis.

Lol

Jun 02 09 11:44 am Link

Photographer

StephenEastwood

Great Neck, New York, US

Does he say that before or after the sleeping has been done?

only after of course....  I implied he was hard of hearing, not  stupid, wink

Stephen Eastwood
http://www.StephenEastwood.com

Jun 02 09 11:44 am Link

Photographer

Zach Sutton Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Modeling is not legal prostitution.  If you think sleeping with people is going to help your career, you're likely wrong.

Envy - Why is your message box full? Empty it out, I have a proposition for you?  :-p

Jun 02 09 11:46 am Link

Photographer

Andrew Thomas Evans

StephenEastwood wrote:
only after of course....  I implied he was hard of hearing, not  stupid, wink

Stephen Eastwood
http://www.StephenEastwood.com

big_smile

Model

CGL

Chicago, Illinois, US

Some of them, but I'd shoot her in stuff like she has now, nothing really wrong with that as long as it doesn't go farther.

She and I just haven't been able to find a date yet.

Yes we should find a date ( :

Photographer

Andrew Thomas Evans

Kat Lee Daligdig wrote:
Yes we should find a date ( :

Yes we should, a date for me since you already have a husband!

Do you have any cute friends over 18?

Jun 02 09 11:47 am Link

Photographer

Kat Torgashev

Kat Lee Daligdig wrote:

A person who I was recently going to work for told me If I wasn't willing to do sexual favors in the near future I wouldn't be successful nor would they want to hire me.

when i used to model a photographger from here called me from europe saying how he can be my manager and how connected he is in the industry. over the phone he politely explained that in order for us to work well together, we had to be comfortable with each other and for that we needed to be intimately acquainted.   and then he went on and on how kate moss slept her way to the top. i listened to all that since i had nothing else to do at the moment and i thought what he was saying was quite entertaining because i googles his name and nothing came up, he had a few cool shots on his mm profile, and claimed to have the rest of his book in print.

so now, since im a photographer, i can tell you for fashion and commercial sleeping around will not likely make your career.
I dont know much about the glamor and playboy scenery though.

good luck

Jun 02 09 11:49 am Link

Photographer

Andrew Thomas Evans

Kat Torgashev wrote:
so now, since im a photographer, i can tell you for fashion and commercial sleeping around will not likely make your career.

good luck

I'd still visit you up there!

big_smile

Ever need an assistant?

Jun 02 09 11:51 am Link

Model

CGL

Chicago, Illinois, US

Kat Torgashev wrote:

when i used to model a photographger from here called me from europe saying how he can be my manager and how connected he is in the industry. over the phone he politely explained that in order for us to work well together, we had to be comfortable with each other and for that we needed to be intimately acquainted.   and then he went on and on how kate moss slept her way to the top. i listened to all that since i had nothing else to do at the moment and i thought what he was saying was quite entertaining because i googles his name and nothing came up, he had a few cool shots on his mm profile, and claimed to have the rest of his book in print.

good luck

Thanks a Bunch ( :

Jun 02 09 11:51 am Link

Photographer

DVS

Detroit, Michigan, US

Reby wrote:
I know a lot of model hoes who don't get anywhere but down.

https://fc03.deviantart.com/fs22/f/2007/363/f/8/f81c0c54225cc678.gif

Jun 02 09 11:52 am Link

Photographer

DVS

Detroit, Michigan, US

Envy wrote:

Are there monkeys involved?
I will only do it if there's monkeys.
Monkeys are cute.

Okay...I think I'm gonna have a ♥ thang for you...

Jun 02 09 11:53 am Link

Photographer

Kat Torgashev

I'd still visit you up there!

big_smile

Ever need an assistant?

always, lemme know when u come for a visit smile
edit: only if you sleep with me, you know, in order to get a head smile JKJKJK

Jun 02 09 11:57 am Link

Model

Jolene Parton

Oakland, California, US

https://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/picard-facepalm.jpg

Jun 02 09 11:57 am Link

Photographer

Andrew Thomas Evans

Kat Torgashev wrote:

big_smile

Can I stay at your place?

Lucinda Leigh wrote:
img

haha, my new background at work!

Jun 02 09 11:58 am Link

Retoucher

StaciC

Swansea, Illinois, US

StephenEastwood wrote:

Stephen Eastwood

Lol

Jun 02 09 11:59 am Link

Photographer

Kat Torgashev

Kat Torgashev wrote:

big_smile

Can I stay at your place?

haha, my new background at work!

haha, ohh yes of course, to ger ahead - in your career i mean smile

JK

Jun 02 09 11:59 am Link

Photographer

Tnyahn

Los Angeles, California, US

All I can say is that your talent will help you in this industry ......not by sexual favors .....it may work in movies....in real life....STD, AID, ETC....

Jun 02 09 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

Andrew Thomas Evans

Kat Torgashev wrote:
haha, ohh yes of course, to ger ahead - in your career i mean smile

JK

No, I'm just cheap!

big_smile

and I doubt sleeping with me would get you anywhere in your career, although if you're single it may lead to us getting married which would benifit me since your city is more awesome than mpls!

Jun 02 09 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

Kat Torgashev

No, I'm just cheap!

big_smile

and I doubt sleeping with me would get you anywhere in your career, although if you're single it may lead to us getting married which would benifit me since your city is more awesome than mpls!

LOL smile

Jun 02 09 12:05 pm Link

Photographer

Andrew Thomas Evans

Kat Torgashev wrote:
LOL smile

big_smile

See, this is how networking is meant to be done, and we haven't even got to the sex part yet!

Jun 02 09 12:08 pm Link

Model

Serinance

Denver, Colorado, US

Honestly that's just flat out disturbing. No you don't have to sleep your way to the top. You just have to know how to market yourself especially if you're a petite model.

Jun 02 09 09:16 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Lester

Atlanta, Georgia, US

For what it's worth, several years ago I had the occasion to meet a former model while on a commercial shoot ing Florida. She was tall, willowy and drop dead gorgeous. She was a former agency reped model who had recently returned from a year of shooting in the Far East, with a major worldwide agency. She was in her mid twenties and for a variety of reasons we ended up having a candid conversation about modeling.

Upon returning from China and Japan, she was dropped by her agency with no real reason given to her. She said she had always been told that sleeping your way to the top and felt betrayed and bitter in that  it didn't work. She felt "used", her word" and disgusted with herself that she tried that way as a shortcut to success. She asked, "after screwing all of those clients and others, where is my Mercedes and my condo?"

I should note, when I met her she had just applied for a job at a front desk in the hotel where I was based.

Jun 03 09 07:53 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Kat Lee Daligdig wrote:
Someone told me you have to do sexual favors and model nude to get to the top of the modeling industry since the industry is tough and what not.

Me personally, I would never model nude nor use my body sexually to please someone just to get to the top. I think it is just wrong.

Tell me what you think.

Kat

This is true...and the current industry preference is for me to "discover" these models.  You can contact me when you're ready to be famous.

Jun 05 09 08:32 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Envy wrote:

Kat Lee Daligdig wrote:
A person who I was recently going to work for told me If I wasn't willing to do sexual favors in the near future I wouldn't be successful nor would they want to hire me.

Shit... I've been going about it the wrong way this whole time... hmm

Maybe next time you'll listen to me!

Jun 05 09 08:43 am Link

Photographer

AUTONOMY

There is no "top," only varying degrees of professional/Personal/Financial Autonomy...you may print that.

Jun 05 09 09:59 am Link

Model

rikendal

Port Saint Lucie, Florida, US

hmm thats crazy i was offered the same thing, except he didnt want me to lay with him, he just told me i had to do a sex scene. Something like halley berry in monsters ball, i told him that i didnt have any acting experience to do anything like that but he still wanted to give me a chance. and then on top of that its an $80 dollar fee.. i dont know.. too risky

Jun 05 09 10:11 am Link

Model

Laurel Rae

Tucson, Arizona, US

Um are you that thick headed that you need people to tell you this is wrong?!?! um ...maybe I should say no more...

PERV PERV PERV should have been your thought and to move on and not talk to that guy ever again, work with PROFESSIONAL (behaving) photographers most of the time they go hand in hand...

Jun 05 09 10:11 am Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

San Ramon, California, US

Kat Lee Daligdig wrote:
Someone told me you have to do sexual favors and model nude to get to the top of the modeling industry since the industry is tough and what not.

Me personally, I would never model nude nor use my body sexually to please someone just to get to the top. I think it is just wrong.

Tell me what you think.

Kat

someone lied, dont trust anyone that tells you that shit, it can in actuality taint your name making you a target for other predatirs

Jun 05 09 05:58 pm Link

Photographer

DVS

Detroit, Michigan, US

I dunno...I kinda like women on top...just sayin'... https://img261.imageshack.us/img261/4863/cookieyh4.gif

Jun 05 09 06:00 pm Link

Photographer

Terry M Day Jr

Gwinner, North Dakota, US

Kat Lee Daligdig wrote:

Tell me what you think.

Kat

At 5'1 you aren't reaching the top of anything.  So don't fall for the lies people tell you.

Jun 05 09 06:01 pm Link

Photographer

JMerg

Arlington, Texas, US

Kat Lee Daligdig wrote:

Tell me what you think.

Kat

The world has too many Karrine Steffans A.K.A. SuperHeads! lol 
I admit though Pu&&y has major powers that mystify logic.
The thing is reputation is important.

Jun 05 09 06:03 pm Link

Photographer

Henri3

Kat Lee Daligdig wrote:

I heard a similar story about a local photographer from a model a while back.

Jun 05 09 08:45 pm Link