Forums > General Industry > Digital Maxim

Model

The Li Model

Houston, Texas, US

Note: Sorry if it seems like I dwell on this topic. I'm an easily fixated person.

I read online in an article that non-nude paysites were the future of soft-core glamour, ie, the Maxim or the Playboy of our internet-savvy generation. However, I get the feeling that people tend to look down on paysites as trashy and masturbatory whereas magazines like SI and VS are a respected achievement in the modeling world. But don't they kind of have the same purpose (turning people on/getting them off)? Were magazines like that once viewed with the same distaste?

Or am I just trying to find a compensatory reason why I eventually want my own website? tongue
I'd appreciate the thoughts of people who know a bit more than me.

Jun 05 09 11:23 am Link

Artist/Painter

Art of Vincent Wolff

Wheaton, Illinois, US

The Li Model wrote:
Note: Sorry if it seems like I dwell on this topic. I'm an easily fixated person.

I read online in an article that non-nude paysites were the future of soft-core glamour, ie, the Maxim or the Playboy of our internet-savvy generation. However, I get the feeling that people tend to look down on paysites as trashy and masturbatory whereas magazines like SI and VS are a respected achievement in the modeling world. But don't they kind of have the same purpose (turning people on/getting them off)? Were magazines like that once viewed with the same distaste?

Or am I just trying to find a compensatory reason why I eventually want my own website? tongue
I'd appreciate the thoughts of people who know a bit more than me.

more and more titles will be moving to online paid content, as print is really hurting right now (that's where ad dollars are going, too).  In the meantime, the are looking at e-readers where the content can be downloaded into a reusable format (like kindle, but more portable and in color).

Paysites have their place, but different than digital or online magazines.

Jun 05 09 11:37 am Link