Forums > General Industry > Models who post candid pics

Photographer

Michael Bell

Anaheim, California, US

I think its great when models do this. Alot of models even have a "candid" section on their websites of them just hanging out or around the house and I know ALOT of guys who love it. In fact, some of my favorite pics of models are candids. I am not saying models should load up on snapshots but there is just something very nice about seeing a couple pics of a model in her "normal" mode and not in her "model" mode. Anyone else agree?

Jul 12 05 01:56 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Candid photos are nice but this is not a candid site. Candid photos are not worth the rist to get these days, to many people dont approve of where the photos end up. The photog just comes out looking like a perv in the end and possibly an arrest record for stalking or unauthorized surveilance.
For those of you that think the surveilance is a joke, its not. Only detectives, police, private investigators can do such activities and they need a court order to do them.

Jul 12 05 02:11 pm Link

Photographer

NWDigphoto

Federal Way, Washington, US

Agreed......as long as Candids are not the entirty of their page....I just laugh when a model has only web-cam or phonecam pics and they claim to be a pro only seeking paid assignments.

Jul 12 05 02:12 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Gundelach

Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

Posted by  NWDigphoto: 

Agreed......as long as Candids are not the entirty of their page....I just laugh when a model has only web-cam or phonecam pics and they claim to be a pro only seeking paid assignments.

Uhh - thanks so much for this quote. I think so too, but I though I am weird, since a lot of these "models" have a page here...

Jul 12 05 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Bell

Anaheim, California, US

Posted by Peter Dattolo: 
Candid photos are nice but this is not a candid site. Candid photos are not worth the rist to get these days, to many people dont approve of where the photos end up. The photog just comes out looking like a perv in the end and possibly an arrest record for stalking or unauthorized surveilance.
For those of you that think the surveilance is a joke, its not. Only detectives, police, private investigators can do such activities and they need a court order to do them.

ummm no. I mean candid pics of a model taken by a friend while they are just hanging out being normal and not posing.

Jul 12 05 02:20 pm Link

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

Posted by MichaelBell: 
I think its great when models do this. Alot of models even have a "candid" section on their websites of them just hanging out or around the house and I know ALOT of guys who love it. In fact, some of my favorite pics of models are candids. I am not saying models should load up on snapshots but there is just something very nice about seeing a couple pics of a model in her "normal" mode and not in her "model" mode. Anyone else agree?

agree 100%

Jul 12 05 02:33 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Ahhh  you are correct then in that respect if they are friends hanging out.
My apologies for the misunderstanding.

I was thinking of street candids which is very popular these days.

Jul 12 05 03:06 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

I agree as long as it is not most of their images.

I always state that models should have two things,  a simple beautiful shot with no makeup on.  And a simple shot with natural makeup so we can see what you look like.   The friendliness of the candids or no makeup shoots are great.

A volumtous blonde whos names escapes me has two no makeup shots of her on a bed but not showing anything.   I think they are her best shots and some of the most beautiful on the site.

Jul 12 05 03:14 pm Link

Model

Los Angeles, California, US

I have a few no make up and no hair styling shots in my portfolio here at MM

After reading this thread, I decided to add a "candid" I guess it's called - disposable camera kind of shot wink I'll run it as an experiment to see how popular it is, possibly changing it out. I should forewarn that I'm very animated in 3D so my friends catch goofy shots, particularly when I'm in the kitchen...

Jul 12 05 03:38 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Bell

Anaheim, California, US

Posted by Sara Green: 
After reading this thread, I decided to add a "candid" I guess it's called - disposable camera kind of shot wink

Kinda small, but cute nonetheless smile

Jul 12 05 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Kim

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

annoying profile photos ...

1- party or group candids
2- web cam pics
3- pics taken by the models holding the camera in their own hand shooting down (don't know why, but no body trys to shoot straight or up, it's always with a downward tilt...)
4- mock magazine covers (how ghetto is that?)

Jul 12 05 03:53 pm Link

Photographer

fitpix

Prospect, Ohio, US

Posted by Brian Kim: 

2- web cam pics
3- pics taken by the models holding the camera in their own hand shooting down (don't know why, but no body trys to shoot straight or up, it's always with a downward tilt...)
4- mock magazine covers (how ghetto is that?)

You forgot the ever popular pic of the model with her boyfiend hanging all over her. Fellas, I don't care if she is single, seeing someone or married..... I want to see photos of a potential model, not some 18 year old boy with his hat sideways who insists she put it in her portfolio because she is his woman......

Jul 12 05 08:26 pm Link

Photographer

KEKnight

Cumming, Georgia, US

I guess i should remove the shot of the Mayhem get together?

Jul 12 05 08:39 pm Link

Photographer

KEKnight

Cumming, Georgia, US

It's my biggest seller.  sad

Jul 12 05 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

Fantasy On Film

Detroit, Michigan, US

This site has all typs of persons with all kinds of reasons for being here.

Some are here for FUN only.
Some are here for PROFESSIONAL contacts.
Some are here just to see what's going on.
Some don't know why they are here!!

Be kind to all, those that fit into you particular need, range or area, will rise/sink to your level.

Oliver Cole

Jul 12 05 08:56 pm Link

Model

ToddC

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

they should add new tags for a persons account:

model, photographer, wardrobe,

+observer
+general user

or something of that nature for those of us whom are new to this and unfortunately only do have candid shots. I think that those who have access to a photographer or have had shoots thus far represent that by having those pictures in their profiles.

and those of us..like myself...who have not yet had a shoot, and never really thought they would get one, or be offered one, or maybe wernt even looking for one...well our profiles seem to show that as well.

Jul 13 05 12:51 am Link

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

candidly naked

Jul 14 05 11:37 pm Link