Forums > Events > Ohio state reformatory

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

I hope we can pull this one off called and emailed yesterday and told what I wanted to reserve would be nice if they would just send paperwork.  Then I would feel like I was getting somewhere.
Be in mansfield friday so I wll make time to stop and try and talk to them face to face.

Jul 29 09 08:13 am Link

Photographer

Anna Inez

Columbus, Ohio, US

Lenna Amor wrote:

WOOT WOOT!! Looks like naughty girl road trip time!

bout damn time.....I really need to be a naughty girl...*insert evil laugh here

Jul 29 09 08:30 am Link

Photographer

Bob Freund

Prescott, Arizona, US

This sounds great! I hope I can make it.

Jul 29 09 08:34 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Good news and bad news....

Good news; I finally heard back from OSR and November 14th is out.  I am checking in to November 28th and December 5th, depending on what they say about heat.  Other wise I am looking at March 2010.

Bad News; They may want $150 per photographer in addition to rental fee.  Let me know if you guys are still interested.

Jul 29 09 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

karenjerzykphotography

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Linda Kious wrote:

Good news; I finally heard back from OSR and November 14th is out.  I am checking in to November 28th and December 5th, depending on what they say about heat.  Other wise I am looking at March 2010.

Bad News; They may want $150 per photographer in addition to rental fee.  Let me know if you guys are still interested.

I'm definitely still interested.

Jul 29 09 06:59 pm Link

Photographer

Shannon Grant

sweet jesus.

I'll need to scrounge together some dinero to afford it but I'm still down.. wait, so how much for photogs and how much for models?

If we wait til next year, that would suck but traveling all the way to Ohio in the snowy season would suck harder. I'm down for anything but if it's in March, I certainly wouldn't bitch  big_smile

Thanks Linda for the heads up!

Jul 29 09 08:07 pm Link

Photographer

Anna Inez

Columbus, Ohio, US

okay is that $150 a piece just to get in??

Im poor..and that hurts...

Jul 29 09 09:18 pm Link

Model

Lenna Amor

Columbus, Ohio, US

What about models? Can we all pull together and pay a small fee so that together we can make up the balance together? I think there are many of us interested and I know I am not against chipping in to help the photographers out as well.....

Just a suggestion. Hope I don't upset other models or anything.....

Jul 30 09 06:16 am Link

Photographer

Sean Baker Photo

San Antonio, Texas, US

Linda Kious wrote:

A bargain if that means opening the entire facility to our use.

Not worth it if they're only including their 3 'rental areas'.

IMO.

Jul 30 09 06:35 am Link

Photographer

Shannon Grant

Lenna Amor wrote:
What about models? Can we all pull together and pay a small fee so that together we can make up the balance together? I think there are many of us interested and I know I am not against chipping in to help the photographers out as well.....

Just a suggestion. Hope I don't upset other models or anything.....

I

Jul 30 09 08:29 am Link

Photographer

Laura Dark Photography

Columbus, Ohio, US

Sorry guys, I'm out.  I'm against freezing and as good as the location is I can't see paying that for a groupshoot.  Sorry!

Jul 30 09 08:34 am Link

Model

Lenna Amor

Columbus, Ohio, US

Shannon Grant wrote:

I

Jul 30 09 08:38 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

AnnaInez Photography wrote:
okay is that $150 a piece just to get in??

Im poor..and that hurts...

I asked if there was heat if we had it this year.  As I understand it I think the $150 would be on top of the rental fee for the 3 inside areas and the grounds.

Jul 30 09 11:09 am Link

Photographer

epo

Columbus, Ohio, US

Linda Kious wrote:

I asked if there was heat if we had it this year.  As I understand it I think the $150 would be on top of the rental fee for the 3 inside areas and the grounds.

so to be clear are you saying the $150 would be paid by each photographer, but then there would still be another charge for the group shoot itself?

Jul 30 09 11:14 am Link

Model

Lenna Amor

Columbus, Ohio, US

epo wrote:

so to be clear are you saying the $150 would be paid by each photographer, but then there would still be another charge for the group shoot itself?

Oh, owie

Jul 30 09 11:16 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

epo wrote:

My understanding from the email I reseved from OSR is....
yes each photographer would be charge $150 and there would be an additional fee to rent the grounds and building for 8 hours the day of the shoot.

Jul 30 09 11:34 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Right now we are trying to figure out how to cover both fees and still make it worth while.  Also I think we are leaning towards a march 2010 date.

To the photographers:  If you split the $150 between you and models, Assists, ect would be fine with me.  Just have to balance the number of models and Photogs and cover all cost.

Jul 30 09 11:36 am Link

Photographer

Sean Baker Photo

San Antonio, Texas, US

I don't mean to be presumptive about this, but have you considered leveraging the rate which ESP gave you last year against them?  For more space in a more famous location?  Just a thought, if only as a last measure when all else seems lost.

Jul 30 09 03:16 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Sean Baker wrote:
I don't mean to be presumptive about this, but have you considered leveraging the rate which ESP gave you last year against them?  For more space in a more famous location?  Just a thought, if only as a last measure when all else seems lost.

I will see if I can work with them for one price for all just to make easier and more fair for everyone.
Stopping by there tomorrow.

Jul 30 09 05:11 pm Link

Photographer

Shannon Grant

thx lady! show off some of our kickass pics from ESP to get them in the mood  wink

Jul 31 09 12:12 pm Link

Photographer

Laura Dark Photography

Columbus, Ohio, US

Anymore news or an updated price?  I want to go but the $150 and then try to get it back yourself thing is bad joojoo IMHO.

Aug 01 09 08:19 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Just sent out an email to try and work out one fee and added ESP waived the photographer fee for us.  Sorry for the delay, recovering from a long last 2 days.

can't seems to post ESP in here, but I do have them in my MM port.

Aug 02 09 06:46 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Laura Dark Photography wrote:
Anymore news or an updated price?  I want to go but the $150 and then try to get it back yourself thing is bad joojoo IMHO.

Would love to have you make it to this one so we can work together again.

Aug 02 09 06:51 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

No emails today so I will have to call OSR tomorrow and set a rental price and date with them.  We will be shooting for the first or second saturday of March 2010.

Aug 03 09 05:09 pm Link

Photographer

flkphoto

Fort Thomas, Kentucky, US

Sounds like fun, let me know.

Aug 03 09 06:52 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

flkphoto wrote:
Sounds like fun, let me know.

AS soon as we have all the details worked out we will post them here and on the web.

Aug 04 09 05:49 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Please read my first post I have updated it and things are a go for this event.  I will post a final price once I hear back from OSR if there is a limit on the number of people.
Right now I am planning for 100-200 people.  Just like before we will be excepting payment through paypal, if you can not pay through paypal we will have our mailing address on the group shoot website.  You can mail a check or M/O.

Aug 06 09 06:32 am Link

Photographer

Shannon Grant

nice! looks like it may be affordable after all  smile  I cannot freaking WAIT!!! Ohio here I come...

Aug 06 09 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

karenjerzykphotography

Totally can't wait.

Aug 06 09 02:37 pm Link

Model

Lenna Amor

Columbus, Ohio, US

Yay! I am so excited!

Aug 06 09 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

jsaiv_photography

Columbus, Ohio, US

i am game for it... sounds like lots of fun!!!

Aug 06 09 04:52 pm Link

Photographer

Fan the Flame

Columbus, Ohio, US

Great news!!  I'll save the date!

Aug 06 09 08:09 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

I am so psyched for this I can not wait to see new and old faces and friends.

Since we have a kitchen we can do a much better meal then take out pizza like last time.  Our first group shoot we made chili soup and fajitas. Or home made pizza, Williams BBQ chicken pizza is to die for. 
Maybe we can do something like that again.  Any thoughts on what you may like to eat let me know.

Aug 07 09 05:24 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

I am hoping we do not have a cap on the amount of people so we don't have to turn away so many last minute photogs and models like last time.  This time there will plenty of room for more then 100 guest total.

Aug 07 09 05:47 am Link

Model

Sabrina Skye

Toledo, Ohio, US

I'm going to save the date for this... I can't wait!!!

Aug 07 09 07:49 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Linda Kious wrote:
Our group Shoot will take place at the Ohio State Reformatory in Mansfield OH.  This is where the Shawshank redemption was filmed.  Pictures http://www.mrps.org/pages/rentals

Date of Group Shoot - March 6th 2010.  10am-6pm
Entry fee will be  $35 (covers entry fee and food & drink for the entire day); that is for everyone - Assistance, photographers, models and MUAs, ect

I will be renting the grounds, Central Guard room, and Conference room with kitchen.  William and I will be catering this event so no worries about finding food and beverage else where.  We are planning on doing this one up right since we have a place to prepare food and avoid the ESP food delay. 
We will be providing vegan, vegetarian and carnivore food.  Coffee, water, POP, ect.

Just like ESP there is to be no Nudity or risque Pictures taken.
http://www.mrps.org/

Kious Studio
Linda and William Kious

New updates please read.  Will start website with all info and any new updates.

Aug 07 09 07:38 pm Link

Model

Rebecca Emma

New York, New York, US

very very tempting... we'll see if I can get out there.

Aug 07 09 07:56 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Rebecca24 wrote:
very very tempting... we'll see if I can get out there.

hope you can make it we would still like to do carrie with you.

Aug 08 09 06:21 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Koch-Kious

Antwerp, Ohio, US

Linda Kious wrote:
Date of Group Shoot - March 6th 2010.  10am-6pm
Entry fee will be  $35 (covers entry fee and food & drink for the entire day); that is for everyone - Assistance, photographers, models and MUAs, ect

There would be breakfast, snacks and lunch/dinner (made to order home made pizzas is one idea)

Aug 08 09 06:26 am Link

Photographer

Captive_Images

Glenford, Ohio, US

I'm definitely interested in this. I'll mark my calander and stay up with the updates.

I'll attend

Aug 08 09 06:35 am Link