Photographer

Charles Kimball

New York, New York, US

I realize that simply asking this question opens me up for ridicule, but I'll ask anyway... What seems to be the latest trend in female "grooming" amongst your models?  Hair?  Bare?  Little?  Lots?  My only frame of reference is the women I've been working with.  (Female nudes aren't something I've ever sought out in my personal life, if you catch my drift.). Just curious what other photogs have seen lately.

Aug 23 09 07:36 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MelodyMoher

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, US

if your curious about what other photographers have seen lately as your post says.. your posting in the wrong forum.

Charles Kimball wrote:
I realize that simply asking this question opens me up for ridicule, but I'll ask anyway... What seems to be the latest trend in female "grooming" amongst your models?  Hair?  Bare?  Little?  Lots?  My only frame of reference is the women I've been working with.  (Female nudes aren't something I've ever sought out in my personal life, if you catch my drift.). Just curious what other photogs have seen lately.

Aug 23 09 07:39 pm Link

Photographer

Fernando L Pacheco

New York, New York, US

Mostly shaved, but starting to lean towards very neatly trimmed.

since you asked :-)

Aug 23 09 07:40 pm Link

Model

Nikki Magnusson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

theres a few threads on this bush issue already...just sayin'

Aug 23 09 07:40 pm Link

Photographer

Charles Kimball

New York, New York, US

Nikki Magnusson wrote:

Wow!  Really?  I felt like I was the first person to wonder.  I'll have to seek out these other forums.  Personally, I still see a great variety amongst women, whereas men are definitely tending towards the shaved.

Aug 23 09 07:44 pm Link

Photographer

Kirk Lee Foon

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Nikki Magnusson wrote:

Crap 4 posts and it got political? tongue

Aug 23 09 07:44 pm Link

Photographer

Fernando L Pacheco

New York, New York, US

K Lee Foon wrote:
Crap 4 posts and it got political? tongue

hahahahaha.

Aug 23 09 07:46 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MelodyMoher

Charles Kimball wrote:
Wow!  Really?  I felt like I was the first person to wonder.  I'll have to seek out these other forums.  Personally, I still see a great variety amongst women, whereas men are definitely tending towards the shaved.

Charles, please ask a mod to move your thread to a more appropriate forum... with the rest of the "bush" threads. lol

Aug 23 09 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

Charles Kimball

New York, New York, US

MelodyMoher wrote:

Charles, please ask a mod to move your thread to a more appropriate forum... with the rest of the "bush" threads. lol

I'll have to disagree.  I think the "hair" forum is appropriate for this question.  Perhaps I threw you off by asking for photoraphers thoughts on the subject.  I'll open it up to anyone.  Makeup artists, hair stylists, or whomever else is reading this forum.  And to make sure that no one thinks I'm "crude", I'll just point out that I'm making no value judgements.  More isn't better.  Less isn't worse.  Just curious what people who see such things are seeing.

Aug 23 09 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

MisterC

Portland, Oregon, US

Charles Kimball wrote:
I felt like I was the first person to wonder.

Reeeeeeeaaaaally?

Charles Kimball wrote:
I think the "hair" forum is appropriate for this question.

Lol.

Aug 23 09 08:07 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth Claret

Yelm, Washington, US

Charles Kimball wrote:

I'll have to disagree.  I think the "hair" forum is appropriate for this question.  Perhaps I threw you off by asking for photoraphers thoughts on the subject.  I'll open it up to anyone.  Makeup artists, hair stylists, or whomever else is reading this forum.  And to make sure that no one thinks I'm "crude", I'll just point out that I'm making no value judgements.  More isn't better.  Less isn't worse.  Just curious what people who see such things are seeing.

Learn to search the forums!

Step one: Click the link that says SEARCH. https://www.modelmayhem.com/gsearch.php
Step two: Click the link that takes you to Plastic Puppet's search engine: http://search.plasticpuppet.com/
Type in your search words: "pubic hair"

Click one of the many links found here: http://search.plasticpuppet.com/searches/28nd8bg

Yay!

Aug 23 09 08:16 pm Link

Photographer

Charles Kimball

New York, New York, US

Wow.  People get really crazy about pubic hair.  It's like I asked about murdering babies.  Nevermind forum stalkers.  I withdraw my query.  You win.  There will be no more questions about the prevalence of pubic hair.

Aug 23 09 08:24 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MelodyMoher

Charles Kimball wrote:
Wow.  People get really crazy about pubic hair.  It's like I asked about murdering babies.  Nevermind forum stalkers.  I withdraw my query.  You win.  There will be no more questions about the prevalence of pubic hair.

somebody call the waaambulance.

sorry chuck. but you got all good answers - search the forums. dont post pube questions to professionals. havent you heard? we take this forum seriously. most think we bite... we dont but please... dont ask for it by checking to see what photographers think about models with pubes in a HMS forum.

DUH.

Aug 23 09 08:35 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MelodyMoher

Charles Kimball wrote:
There will be no more questions about the prevalence of pubic hair.

thank you.

Aug 23 09 08:35 pm Link

Photographer

Charles Kimball

New York, New York, US

MelodyMoher wrote:
somebody call the waaambulance.

sorry chuck. but you got all good answers - search the forums. dont post pube questions to professionals. havent you heard? we take this forum seriously. most think we bite... we dont but please... dont ask for it by checking to see what photographers think about models with pubes in a HMS forum.

DUH.

You got it!  Even though my question wasn't asking photogs opinions on the subject, but rather what they've seen.  (but I digress)

Help me out with a legit HMS question... I'm doing a shoot where an abused republican amputee model is clubbing a baby seal while getting a late term abortion.  My question is, how should her hair/makeup be done?  In your professional, forum specific/appropriate opinion...

Aug 23 09 08:50 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MelodyMoher

Charles Kimball wrote:

You got it!  Even though my question wasn't asking photogs opinions on the subject, but rather what they've seen.  (but I digress)

Help me out with a legit HMS question... I'm doing a shoot where an abused republican amputee model is clubbing a baby seal while getting a late term abortion.  My question is, how should her hair/makeup be done?  In your professional, forum specific/appropriate opinion?

hmm.. well since your going for such a loud obnoxious theme... perhaps a natural look..... or ... Sarah Palin.

have fun.

Aug 23 09 08:51 pm Link

Photographer

Charles Kimball

New York, New York, US

MelodyMoher wrote:

hmm.. well since your going for such a loud obnoxious theme... perhaps a natural look..... or ... Sarah Palin.

have fun.

Perfect.  Thank you.

Aug 23 09 08:53 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Foolproof Updoing Amy

Toledo, Ohio, US

I'll have jump in and say that many of us could work in a salon that offers waxings and therefore may know the trends of the now.
I'll stand up and say it's ok here smile
In the day spa I work in, the trend is definitly all gone for girls. Maybe just a splash left, but most of the "bikini" waxes have turned into "brazilian"s.
These days body hair anywhere is grossing people out!

Aug 23 09 09:10 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Vanessa Dawn- Jhaesayte

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Charles Kimball wrote:

LOL Don't worry about it hun! We get the same way when people ask about favorite foundations, or any other subject that comes up very often. It's not the fact that it's about pubes, but rather because it's a topic that comes up quite a bit.

But yes, the search is often a very good resource for immediate answers. That was it will save you the time of waiting for responses and you can get info right away.

As for me, I have noticed a heightening trend in brazilians, at least among the clientele who will pay to go to a spa. For those women who take care of it themselves at home, I would hazard a guess that it's an even 50/50 between taking it all off or leaving a landing strip.

Aug 24 09 05:26 am Link

Photographer

MS Foto

Manchester, New Hampshire, US

I think the "bare" trend is still very srtong, but a few "au naturals" are starting to come back. Personaly, I'm a big fan of the "Landing Strip"

Aug 24 09 07:49 am Link

Model

-Jen-

Howell, Michigan, US

MS Foto wrote:
I think the "bare" trend is still very srtong, but a few "au naturals" are starting to come back. Personaly, I'm a big fan of the "Landing Strip"

I gots a landing strip, kinda.

Its more referred to as a Hitler stash.

I hate being bare down there.  I have to have some hair.

Aug 24 09 07:58 am Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

MelodyMoher wrote:
havent you heard? we take this forum seriously.

Since when was off topic serious?...lol

Aug 24 09 08:02 am Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Charles Kimball wrote:

Perfect.  Thank you.

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/art … >1=31036

Aug 24 09 08:16 am Link