Forums > General Industry > Model Demands

Photographer

Belair

Downers Grove, Illinois, US

Another thread focused on some of the wacked demands some models place on photogs.  Just for jollies, here is a brief summary of what one model expected from a charity (TFP) shoot with me a couple years ago.  These are just the highlights of what was on a 40+ page agreement she expected me to sign:

- I would be responsible for the cleaning and alteration of all clothing worn during the shoot.

- I must present a copy of certification from OSHA that the air, water, etc. in the studio is pure.

- She provided me with a few dozen tear sheets from magazines.  I would be responsible for accurately and faithfully reproducing the shots in the tear sheets.  I would be responsible for acquiring all props, lighting, location rentals, etc needed to reproducing the tear sheets.  Take note that one of the shots included an Aston Martin.

- I would be required to continue to book photoshoots with her until I produced shots that she found acceptable.

- 250 8x10 enlargements of each of her favorite shots from the shoot and 500 5x7 enlargements of each of those shots as well.

The list went on and on and on. 

When I refused to shoot her, she flipped out and sent me harrassing emails for a couple of weeks.

I had never seen the daffy bitch face to face until about a year later.  She was about 40 lbs heavier than what she had listed in her OMP profile, and I suspect that the pix she had posted on OMP may not have even been of her. 

Where did I finally meet her?  It was at a modeling "trade show" where she was selling her services as a "rent a guest" for parties.  For a fee of only $500, she would attend your parties to, "...add a sense of grace and charm" to the party and, "...educate guests in the social graces."

Thankfully, I wore my Attends that day.

Jul 15 05 05:42 am Link

Photographer

ishutter photography

Milton, Ontario, Canada

hmmm...Anna Nicole Smith Syndrome?  Funny post.

Jul 15 05 05:58 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Who was this?  Mariah Carey?  Diana Ross?  Yow.

Jul 15 05 06:32 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

if theres a model that will demand it..
theres a desperate GWC to conform to it..

thus reinforcing the idea, in the amatuer model mind,  that these rediculous demands are valid...

Jul 15 05 07:58 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

It's always what the market will bear.

Imagine how frustrating it is to musicians that 95% of the people who pay for music are just PWE (people with ears)....

Jul 15 05 08:02 am Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Posted by XtremeArtists: 
Imagine how frustrating it is to musicians that 95% of the people who pay for music are just PWE (people with ears)....

Or a GUI (Guy With Ipod).

Jul 15 05 08:06 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by LarryB: 

Posted by XtremeArtists: 

Pronounced "gooey".

I like it!

But I think they don't even pay for most of what they download...

Jul 15 05 08:07 am Link

Photographer

John Lavery

Manchester, Connecticut, US

Posted by LarryB: 

Wouldn't that be GWI (still pronounced Gooey)? Let's see...  GUI.... Guy Using Ipod?

Jul 15 05 08:33 am Link

Photographer

studiomona

LOL, can't fault her for trying mwa hahahaha tongue

Jul 15 05 12:39 pm Link

Photographer

RStephenT

Vacaville, California, US

To be honest most of the folks I work with from commercial paid work to collaborations have been pretty good.  When someone makes demands that are unrealistic I usually just check it off to their lack of knowledge, their age, or that they don't really have an interest in working with me.

No real need to get upset... just move on and work with those who enjoy your style, or are easy and realistic to work with... we all have choices.

Jul 15 05 12:57 pm Link

Model

Los Angeles, California, US

Whoa Belair! But silly question... what are attends?

And nicely said RStephenT "No real need to get upset... just move on and work with those who enjoy your style, or are easy and realistic to work with... we all have choices." smile

Jul 15 05 04:55 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Edwards

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Posted by LarryB: 

Posted by XtremeArtists: 

unfortunately the GUI probably doesn't pay the musician a damn dime and the digital age is having that same effect in photography
C'est la Fotographie

Jul 15 05 11:55 pm Link

Photographer

MalePortfolios

Anaheim, California, US

Just this week, I offered a TFP session to a male model here on MM. His reply: Sure you can shoot me for free IF you sign over "ALL RIGHTS" to the images"!!! Huh?! What in the world do some models think we pro photographers are in the business of doing? Are we here just to create images for nothing and then give the model everything? Unreal. And now, the same guy says that he's not a model and doesn't need any photos, that he isn't here to be a model, and doesn't want to model.

So... let me get this concept... the guy has joined a modeling website and now says that he's not a model and doesn't even WANT to model, doesn't want to be a part of the reason that he joined this site in the first place... Very odd, if you ask me.

Jul 16 05 12:03 am Link

Photographer

Michael Bell

Anaheim, California, US

Personally, if I see a models huge list of demands for TFP/TFCD work, I just move on.

Jul 16 05 01:08 am Link

Model

McKenzie

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Posted by Belair: 
Another thread focused on some of the wacked demands some models place on photogs.  Just for jollies, here is a brief summary of what one model expected from a charity (TFP) shoot with me a couple years ago.  These are just the highlights of what was on a 40+ page agreement she expected me to sign:

- I would be responsible for the cleaning and alteration of all clothing worn during the shoot.

- I must present a copy of certification from OSHA that the air, water, etc. in the studio is pure.

- She provided me with a few dozen tear sheets from magazines.  I would be responsible for accurately and faithfully reproducing the shots in the tear sheets.  I would be responsible for acquiring all props, lighting, location rentals, etc needed to reproducing the tear sheets.  Take note that one of the shots included an Aston Martin.

- I would be required to continue to book photoshoots with her until I produced shots that she found acceptable.

- 250 8x10 enlargements of each of her favorite shots from the shoot and 500 5x7 enlargements of each of those shots as well.

The list went on and on and on. 

When I refused to shoot her, she flipped out and sent me harrassing emails for a couple of weeks.

I had never seen the daffy bitch face to face until about a year later.  She was about 40 lbs heavier than what she had listed in her OMP profile, and I suspect that the pix she had posted on OMP may not have even been of her. 

Where did I finally meet her?  It was at a modeling "trade show" where she was selling her services as a "rent a guest" for parties.  For a fee of only $500, she would attend your parties to, "...add a sense of grace and charm" to the party and, "...educate guests in the social graces."

Thankfully, I wore my Attends that day.

LMAO!!!!!  For those who don't know (laughing my ass off).  That is hilarious.  That is some of the most ridiculous things I have heard yet.  And...I can't stop laughing.  The only request I have on TFP shoots now...that they submit our work.  What a demand!!  LOL

McKenzie

Jul 16 05 01:56 am Link

Photographer

Belair

Downers Grove, Illinois, US

Yes, it was pretty entertaining.  Her follow-on emails after I refused to work with her got pretty creepy, but overall, she was good for a chuckle or two.

Jul 16 05 07:14 am Link

Model

Zofia Szeretlek

Cairns, Queensland, Australia

That is terrifying.

Jul 16 05 08:30 am Link