Model

Bella X

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

As seen on CL:

http://www.modelmingle.com/

www.modelmingle.com

Are you kidding me??? The "models" on the home page are the "featured" models, and they have snapshots. (also they have been "rated" a 10 out of 10!?!)

No thank you Model Mingle. (sheesh... what a waste of time.)

Jul 15 05 08:58 am Link

Photographer

CocoBongo

Mountain View, Arkansas, US

funny title though ... "The ultimate model and photography networking site" ... with something like 10 members

Jul 15 05 11:29 am Link

Photographer

PhotographerMV

Norwood, Colorado, US

must be a MMayhem nockoff but hey MMayhem was once a list of 10 people tooo you know....

Jul 21 05 01:54 am Link

Photographer

zoomdigitalportfolios

Asbury Park, New Jersey, US

Geez!!! I was curious so I clicked it on.  'Uterly generic & Seemingly pretencious to me. 

Jul 21 05 02:53 am Link

Model

Chill Factor

New York, New York, US

Its actually pretty ingenious that anyone with a computer and some basic web design skill can do this. Im sure that the creators of OMP are laughing all the way to the bank. Oh,,, and the correct spelling of the word is PRETENTIOUS

Jul 26 05 07:22 am Link

Photographer

NWDigphoto

Federal Way, Washington, US

My thought after visiting there for a half hour was....I wonder how many EGOS they will help to inflate much like other InternetModel sites have in the past.....

Lets give them time....they have only been live for 10 days for crying out loud........each and everyone of these type of sites all have their faults and YES.......for the poster who posted this comment...."they have snapshots.".....maybe you should take a look around here...lately the number of webcam/cellphonecam pics is on the rise here at the Mayhem. And yes we have members here that are thinking with their PANTS Partner and telling them they are great shots to.

Jul 26 05 11:30 am Link

Model

Lexi Lithium

Tampa, Florida, US

The site is intresting. And it does offer features that are not on MM. [showing online status, iming system] they even have a few models that are already hosted here on MM.

Its another site like MM. Not a big deal because it's not like Tyler copyrighted the idea or something. These things are bound to happen.  When a trend is introduced everyone jumps on it. Right now on the internet, it's to be a model. Hence so many webcam shots, camra phone pix, and the like.

Jul 27 05 04:42 am Link

Photographer

Kathleen Elizabeth

New York, New York, US

I dont understand why some people are so quick to put everything down. Why wouldn't YOU as a model want to utilize all possibilities to get yourself seen and to get paid work?I actually know two models have gotten paid work from Modelmingle.com
I signed up on ModelMingle myself and so have other members of OMP and MM. Whats the big deal? There are lots of model sites. Mingle happens to have lots of features that other model sites Do Not have. I happen to like them all and enjoy being a part of each of them for different reasons.

Aug 09 05 08:59 pm Link

Model

Goddess Erinys

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

they suck

Aug 09 05 09:16 pm Link

Photographer

Kathleen Elizabeth

New York, New York, US

Really Larisa? Thats Funny because I saw you on Mingle just a few days ago...lol

Aug 09 05 10:03 pm Link

Model

Angie_P

Statesville, North Carolina, US

I've read this over and over again about models putting down other sites, putting down the webcam shots, etc. I for one just starting here, have no other source of pictures. How am I suppose to get seen on here without a picture? If you have any ideas other than using a webcam at home or a borrowed camera from a friend, you tell me. I have no professional shots at this point..the ones of you that are so offended here, I bet at one time, you didn't either..

Aug 16 05 06:53 am Link

Photographer

Weldphoto

Charleston, South Carolina, US

Angie Patterson wrote:
I've read this over and over again about models putting down other sites, putting down the webcam shots, etc. I for one just starting here, have no other source of pictures. How am I suppose to get seen on here without a picture? If you have any ideas other than using a webcam at home or a borrowed camera from a friend, you tell me. I have no professional shots at this point..the ones of you that are so offended here, I bet at one time, you didn't either..

Angie, you have lots of sources for professional photographs. Do a search and you will find many. Perhaps what you meant to say is you don't want to pay to have professional pictures made. If you want it enough, you will be willing to pay for it.

Webcam pictures suggest you are not willing to invest in yourself, and if you are not, then who else will?

Aug 16 05 12:46 pm Link

Model

LORA

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Angie Patterson wrote:

Angie, you've been here since May? How is it that you haven't had a chance to get professional pics? I don't understand.

Aug 16 05 12:50 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Two years ago this was ingenious.

Today it's annoying.

Aug 16 05 12:52 pm Link

Model

Angie_P

Lora wrote:
Angie, you've been here since May? How is it that you haven't had a chance to get professional pics? I don't understand.

I have had chances..I've talked with a lot of photographers, but I am pretty much being picky about who I choose to shoot with. I am 38 yrs old and I feel whomever I choose had better be GREAT..I won't have as many chances and years to make up for crappy shots..

Give me some time, and hopefully I will dazzle you ..lol

Aug 28 05 04:34 am Link

Model

Angie_P

Weldphoto wrote:
Angie, you have lots of sources for professional photographs. Do a search and you will find many. Perhaps what you meant to say is you don't want to pay to have professional pictures made. If you want it enough, you will be willing to pay for it.
Webcam pictures suggest you are not willing to invest in yourself, and if you are not, then who else will?

I do totally understand what your saying there. But I wasn't saying I'm not willing to pay for it. The pics I have are only here to get me noticed until I find the photographer I'm looking for. Don't think I'm not willing to invest in myself. I'm very willing.. thats why I'm taking my time, thats why I'm here. Maybe it's just an "age" thing, but I'm not going to just shoot with the first person that comes along. Does that make me bad? I don't think so.

I guess I really should've been commenting towards the person that mentioned that webcam pics are on the rise here on MM. Like it was some kind of disease. I was just trying to say to that, everyone has to start somewhere right? And the part that they said some people are thinking with their pants when they give a nice compliment..OMG! I couldn't believe that. Someone can be beautiful and show it in a snap shot. Geesh!

Give some of the newbies a break that are on here just trying to get their first chance at this. I was approached as a teenager about modeling, but my life took a different course. Modeling never crossed my mnd again til about a year ago. So thats where the webcam and borrowing my friends camera came in. Not everyone gets "noticed", not everyone has professional photographers banging at their doors wanting to shoot. So they resort to the "home made" images until something better comes along.

Alright Imma shut up now, hope ya'll get what I was saying now. I'll explain myself better next time lol

Take care, Angie

Aug 28 05 01:52 pm Link