Forums > Critique > portfolios

Model

Stephanie Renee

Laguna Beach, California, US

I am new and need to make a portfolio. I feel so ignorant asking this, but... I need to have prints made from my CD's and put them in a book, yes? I have never had anyone tell me to do it! I was asked to bring my portfolio to an audition today, and freaked out because the guy told me I was stupid for not making one! I thought they would just look at the pics on my profile~

Jul 15 05 02:15 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Typicaly they would be in a portfolio that you can bring to them to view.
He was def wrong for calling you stupid like that, he could have said it otherwise. They most likely wanted to see what you can do posing wise. People who do auditions are very "To the point" since they coul dhave thousands of people there and when you show up without your port, they consider it a waste of thier time.
Usualy they are 8x10 or a mixture of 8x10, 4x6  ect. It does not have to be a specific mixture of anything.
Just having the photos available is good.

Jul 15 05 02:24 pm Link

Model

Stephanie Renee

Laguna Beach, California, US

Thank you so much for explaining that to me. I am pretty much on my own here! I agree... he was wrong for talking to me like that. I supose it is common sense though for seasoned models. I have done so many shoots in the past month, and no one has said a word until now! I will take my discs in and have some prints made right away. Thank you for the advise!

xoxoxo

Jul 15 05 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

cosfrog

San Diego, California, US

You might want to be sure that the cd's given have 'printable' images. Not all photographers will give you high res images and if you print the 'web quality' images they will not be good enough for a book.

Work with a photographer that will get you good prints, even if you have to pay for it.

Jul 15 05 05:51 pm Link