Forums > Photography Talk > New Photographer to Model Mayhem

Photographer

jfscott103

Mesa, Arizona, US

I am new to the Photography Bizz and i am just wondering what are some things that you as photographers went through when first starting out.  for example no one wanted to work with you, the type of camera you had etc.  would love to get some feed back, so i know what i could do to further my career in this field.

Jul 17 05 11:46 am Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

try to steer away from the nudes till you get a better handle on your craft.  I started out wanting to shoot nudes because I could not believe girls would take their clothes off for the camera.  I set myself back 6-8 months dicking around with nude work.  What I should have been doing is shooting, shooting, shooting and critiquing myself. 

My first camera was my grandfathers minolta XE-5 100% manual. 

Jul 17 05 10:42 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

#1 is to study lighting and posing.  Once you learn lighting, everything else falls into place.

Paul

Jul 18 05 12:17 am Link

Photographer

StudioGuru

Swindon, England, United Kingdom

Posted by jfscott103: 
I am new to the Photography Bizz and i am just wondering what are some things that you as photographers went through when first starting out.  for example no one wanted to work with you, the type of camera you had etc.  would love to get some feed back, so i know what i could do to further my career in this field.

Yeah, I know what you mean, no one wants to work with me, some people say that I am a crazy stalker, like the Police and the Judges, but my mum thinks I am OK.

Jul 18 05 03:02 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by jfscott103: 
I am new to the Photography Bizz

Bizz and pictures of women are two different worlds...

Jul 18 05 03:12 am Link

Photographer

jfscott103

Mesa, Arizona, US

if you wouldnt mind, enlighten me in what you mean.  i am serious about wanting to get into the buisness of the fashion nature and i am up to advice that you might have

Jul 18 05 09:14 am Link

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

be ready to work with psycho/freak models!

Jul 18 05 09:18 am Link