Forums > Critique > New to Glamour/Need help.

Photographer

Josh Ryan

Benson, Arizona, US

I am relatively new to glamour photography and just can't seem to get the eye appeal that I can in other forms of photograpy.  Just wondering if I could get any pointers.  The pictures of Alexandra and Nate are my latest ones.  I am getting better at exposure and apeture but... what makes a good glamour shot?  Any feedback, no matter how harsh will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.  Josh Ryan

Jul 20 05 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

The shots you have would be considered "lifestyle" if the models looked a little more relaxed and in the moment.

Lifestyle is more useful for a commercial model portfolio.

The idea with glamour is to make the model look more beautiful than they do in reality.

Take a look at marckayne.com and compare the sections labled "Beauty" (glamour) and "Lifestyle".

Jul 20 05 05:45 pm Link

Photographer

Josh Ryan

Benson, Arizona, US

I didn't realize there was that much of a difference.  I will go and check out that website.  Thanks a million for the input.

Josh Ryan

Jul 20 05 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

robert christopher

Snohomish, Washington, US

i agree, your models dont look comfortable, beautiful but uncomfotable, your technique looks good i just think that you need a wonderful, skilled, very experienced model, then you will have some great images

Jul 22 05 01:09 am Link

Model

May-Lu

Austin, Indiana, US

Posted by XtremeArtists:
The idea with glamour is to make the model look more beautiful than they do in reality.

LOL smile

Jul 22 05 01:13 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by May-Lu: 

Posted by XtremeArtists:

LOL smile

It's true!

Jul 22 05 01:14 am Link

Model

May-Lu

Austin, Indiana, US

Posted by XtremeArtists: 

Posted by May-Lu: 

Posted by XtremeArtists:

LOL smile

It's true!

I know it is true sad  Believe me, right now I don't look anything like my avatar pic!  hehehe 

Photographers who want to work with me, don't be scared.  I don't look "too bad."  *wink*

May

Jul 22 05 01:17 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

There's no faking those curves!

Jul 22 05 01:25 am Link

Photographer

Eusebio Photography

Santa Ana, California, US

Posted by XtremeArtists: 

Posted by May-Lu: 

Posted by XtremeArtists:

LOL smile

It's true!

My wife's webpage has examples.

http://www.lemakeup.com/before.htm

Jul 23 05 12:52 pm Link

Model

Shayuma

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Posted by XtremeArtists: 

I dont know about this. For me, I look very much the same as I do in my images. Now tell me, when am I coming down to FL...

Jul 25 05 11:44 am Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

Posted by Josh Ryan: 
I am relatively new to glamour photography and just can't seem to get the eye appeal that I can in other forms of photograpy.  Just wondering if I could get any pointers.  The pictures of Alexandra and Nate are my latest ones.  I am getting better at exposure and apeture but... what makes a good glamour shot?  Any feedback, no matter how harsh will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.  Josh Ryan

There is no such thing as a good "glamour" shot. Glamour on its own is BORING!!!!
Try introducing a legitimate style into your glamour work, such as editorial or fashion or ...

John

Jul 25 05 01:49 pm Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

Posted by John Allan: 

There is no such thing as a good "glamour" shot. Glamour on its own is BORING!!!!

So what are you using, about 150lb test? Havin' any luck?

M

Jul 25 05 02:59 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

Posted by StMarc: 

Posted by John Allan: 

So what are you using, about 150lb test? Havin' any luck?

M

Huh? Sorry your comment totally lost me.

John

Jul 25 05 03:02 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Shayuma: 

Posted by XtremeArtists: 

I dont know about this. For me, I look very much the same as I do in my images. Now tell me, when am I coming down to FL...

There's nothing boring about that smile :-)

Jul 25 05 04:56 pm Link