Forums > Photography Talk > Online Photo Biz Cards

Photographer

NWDigphoto

Federal Way, Washington, US

I have a couple of images that I am wanting to convert into BizCards. Being that I am not a PhotoShop Guru I am wondering if anyone knows of a site that I can download my image and then add my own text and purchase...

Anyone know of a good company?

Thanks

Jul 20 05 06:48 pm Link

Photographer

Andre Knudsen

REGO PARK, New York, US

Jul 20 05 07:09 pm Link

Photographer

Abel Longoria

Houston, Texas, US

i second overnightprints... ive used them on several occasions... they product is very nice

Jul 21 05 10:26 am Link

Photographer

C Hansen Photography

Clarksville, Tennessee, US

Thanks for the info.  I'm definitely going to look at getting postcards from them.

The Crazy Army Guy

Jul 21 05 10:34 am Link

Photographer

Robert Bowling

Wesley Chapel, Florida, US

I have had pretty good luck with VistaPrint.com. They have a downloadable .PSD template for biz cards I used. Worked very well. You can upload the edited pic then add the text or as I did - do all the work in photoshop and just have them print them. Nice thing is you can do short runs (About 250 cards) and make changes each time as your work and services change.

Jul 23 05 01:55 am Link

Photographer

Snorkel

New York, New York, US

I've used www.overnightprints.com with mixed results. When you upload and it shows the little preview of your prints and it says dont use this to judge color - thats almost true.

In photoshop my colors looked balanced and when I uploaded in the preview it looked a little too magenta and then the cards came looking just like the preview.

I talked with them and requested a reprint and went through this whole review thing were I had to send them a letter, two copies of the cards and I also sent them an inkjet print (I told them I knew it wasn't going to match the inkjet because of inking processed used) but for them to see how off the color was.

So $125 later - I have 1000 postcards that I cant send out. I am also on a student budget and told them this but they didn't care.

I did use them for my business cards in which I made sure my preview and file matched - even though they said not to judge "anything" in the preview and they came out fine. I only used them again because of the price.

I also was not impressed with the sharpness of the postcards. I shoot on medium format film and do high res scans and make big prints from them both inkjet and Digital-C

Jul 23 05 11:04 am Link