Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > How far are you willing to go........(models only)

Photographer

JA Sanchez

Miami, Florida, US

My last critique topic was a little bit on the serious side, so I decided to offset that by following it up with something light-hearted, fun, and a little bit humorous.

So this is how it works. If you are interested, you reply here and post what your next modeling goal is, and then I will ask.........."Are you willing to do (blank) to make it happen?". From there you can further respond by saying that you would or would not be willing to do it.

For example:
Model: My next modeling goal is to be signed to a major agency.

Myself: My crystal ball tells me that in order to help make this goal a reality, you have to go shopping at your local 24 hour Walmart at 2am, wearing nothing but a bikini, over-sized sunglasses, and a 'sun hat'. Are you willing to do what it takes to take your career to the next level?

Disclaimer: Obviously this is just for fun. You don't actually have to go out and do the things I say, and if you do, there is no guarantee that doing so will benefit your modeling career.

Edit: Ok, no more.

Jan 24 10 05:02 pm Link

Model

Kiti Kobain

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

My goal is to gain enough fans to put out a pin up calender.

Jan 24 10 05:39 pm Link

Photographer

JA Sanchez

Miami, Florida, US

Kiti Kobain  wrote:
My goal is to gain enough fans to put out a pin up calender.

I feel that in order to build up enough 'good Karma' to help push this goal through, that for the next two weeks (14 days), whenever you see anyone on the street that looks even mildly depressed, you have to ask them......"Excuse me sir/madam.......may I give you a hug?"

And if they accept, you must give them a hug..........no cheesy hugs either! And absolutely no picking out only the attractive people. And if they want to talk to you afterwords, you must talk to each person for at least 5 full minutes. That should help put you in better touch with your future fanbase.

Are you willing to do this to help make your next goal a reality?

Jan 24 10 05:45 pm Link

Model

Kiti Kobain

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

SouthFLpix wrote:

I feel that in order to build up enough 'good Karma' to help push this goal through, that for the next two weeks (14 days), whenever you see anyone on the street that looks even mildly depressed, you have to ask them......"Excuse me sir/madam.......may I give you a hug?"

And if they accept, you must give them a hug..........no cheesy hugs either! And absolutely no picking out only the attractive people. And if they want to talk to you afterwords, you must talk to each person for at least 5 full minutes. That should help put you in better touch with your future fanbase.

Are you willing to do this to help make your next goal a reality?

I would be more than happy to do that!!!

Jan 24 10 05:47 pm Link

Photographer

JA Sanchez

Miami, Florida, US

Kiti Kobain  wrote:
I would be more than happy to do that!!!

Good for you! I hope that your calendar will be out very soon. If you visit Miami, just let me know, and I will be happy to shoot some content for you, pro bono.

Jan 24 10 05:50 pm Link

Model

Kiti Kobain

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

SouthFLpix wrote:

Good for you! I hope that your calendar will be out very soon. If you visit Miami, just let me know, and I will be happy to shoot some content for you, pro bono.

I love Miami so I will take you up on that big_smile

Jan 24 10 05:56 pm Link

Model

John Ujjjjjjj Xghp

Ķızıltepa, Navoi, Uzbekistan

I will be in France next year. I'm hoping to find enough paid gigs across Europe to be able to cover travel expenses from country to country.

Thoughts, please?

Jan 24 10 05:58 pm Link

Photographer

JA Sanchez

Miami, Florida, US

Lisa Levin wrote:
I will be in France next year. I'm hoping to find enough paid gigs across Europe to be able to cover travel expenses from country to country.

Thoughts, please?

In order to help make this goal a reality, I think you have to do something to help you come out of your shell.

So in order to push this along, I think that for the next week (7 days), you should accept every single social invitation that is made to you. So if you are asked to go to a party........you're going........out to dinner.......you're going. Even things you would normally never do......rock climbing?.....you're going.......scuba diving?.....you're going. 

Furthermore (you are not getting off that easy)........if less then 4 invitations are made, then it is up to you to make the invitations yourself. Invite people to accompany you shopping, to the gym, hiking..........whatever you like to do, you must invite people to accompany you, and they can not be people that you normally include in your 'safe inner circle'. You have to reach outside that circle for these invitations.

If you do that, you'll be ready to go to France with the right attitude.

Jan 24 10 06:10 pm Link

Model

Danielle Dziuba

Macungie, Pennsylvania, US

I just wish I had time to model more. I feel like my potential hasn't been given a decent chance to prove myself. It's difficult to find time to go to castings when your living from pay check to pay check..Things could be much worse though!smile My goal eventually, is to rebuild my portfolio. Not just with test shoots that include using cheap clothes from my closet!hmm lol.

Jan 24 10 06:12 pm Link

Photographer

JA Sanchez

Miami, Florida, US

Danielle Dziuba wrote:
I just wish I had time to model more. I feel like my potential hasn't been given a decent chance to prove myself. It's difficult to find time to go to castings when your living from pay check to pay check..Things could be much worse though!smile My goal eventually, is to rebuild my portfolio. Not just with test shoots that include using cheap clothes from my closet!hmm lol.

Oh no.....now you're really asking for it. Everyone should know that I'm a big believer in 'no excuses'. Therefore, in order to help you appreciate those 'cheap clothes'.........For a period of 48 hours you must not wear any traditional article of clothing that you own whatsoever (excluding shoes).

Meaning if you go out, you have to get creative with scarfs and garbage bags, newspapers...........or just go in the buff.

Should you succeed with this challenge, you should come out of it with a little bit more of a 'can do' mindset.

Jan 24 10 06:24 pm Link

Photographer

JA Sanchez

Miami, Florida, US

Kiti Kobain  wrote:

I love Miami so I will take you up on that big_smile

I'm ready! I don't really shoot very much glamour these days, but for you I will make an exception.

Jan 24 10 06:25 pm Link

Model

Bobby Maack

Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands

Ok here it goes..

My next goal is to get a teer sheet.

smile

Jan 24 10 07:26 pm Link

Photographer

JA Sanchez

Miami, Florida, US

Bobby Maack wrote:
Ok here it goes..

My next goal is to get a teer sheet.

smile

In order to get a tear sheet, you have to be a man that goes out and makes things happen. You can't be afraid to take risks.

So in order to build up your courage, every day for the next 3 days you have to ask for the phone number of the most attractive girl you happen to run into. 3 days, 3 girls, and it can't be anyone you know. Now here is the hard part........this girl cannot be alone, she has to be sitting or standing with at least one girl friend.

It doesn't matter what they say, you just have to show that you are willing to take chances! If you can do that, then you probably have the courage to make your tear sheet goal happen.

Jan 24 10 07:39 pm Link

Model

Bobby Maack

Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands

SouthFLpix wrote:

In order to get a tear sheet, you have to be a man that goes out and makes things happen. You can't be afraid to take of risks.

So in order to build up your courage, every day for the next 3 days you have to ask for the phone number of the most attractive girl you happen to run into. 3 days, 3 girls, and it can't be anyone you know. Now here is the hard part........this girl cannot be alone, she has to be sitting or standing with at least one girl friend.

It doesn't matter what they say, you just have to show that you are willing to take chances! If you can do that, then you probably have the courage to make your tear sheet goal happen.

Hehe.
I don't think I have a problem doing this. I used to be shy before and if you asked me this 2 years I would be like "No no no", but not really anymore. I mean, whats the worst that can happen? "No, thanks I am taken/not interested"? I can take that. Plenty of people out there. Problem is I am in pre-exam time and this is no time for going out.
Awesome!
smile

Jan 24 10 07:48 pm Link

Model

JenniM

Los Gatos, California, US

i'm about to go into some agencies next month..**crosses fingers**

Jan 24 10 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

JA Sanchez

Miami, Florida, US

JenniM wrote:
i'm about to go into some agencies next month..**crosses fingers**

I think the hardest part about going in for agency open calls, is being prepared to accept the criticism and rejection that you might face.

So to prepare yourself to handle some criticism, for the next 10 days I want you to dress as provocatively as you can, even when such attire is not at all appropriate. Furthermore I want you to do your best 'valley girl' impersonation........meaning act quite snobby and basically annoying. If anyone makes any unfriendly remarks or decides to criticize you, you will absolutely not answer back except to say........."Thank you so much. You are so right about that.", with a big smile on your face. You will not turn your back and leave until they are finished criticizing you. If you stop smiling, even for a moment, you fail.

If you can handle that, then maybe you can take the nightmare scenario of an agent looking you up and down and verbally listing your physical flaws.

Jan 24 10 08:14 pm Link

Model

JenniM

Los Gatos, California, US

SouthFLpix wrote:

I think the hardest part about going in for agency open calls, is being prepared to accept the criticism and rejection that you might face.

So to prepare yourself to handle some criticism, for the next 10 days I want you to dress as provocatively as you can, even when such attire is not at all appropriate. Furthermore I want you to do your best 'valley girl' impersonation........meaning act quite snobby and basically annoying. If anyone makes any unfriendly remarks or decides to criticize you, you will absolutely not answer back except to say........."Thank you so much. You are so right about that.", with a big smile on your face. You will not turn your back and leave until they are finished criticizing you. If you stop smiling, even for a moment, you fail.

If you can handle that, then maybe you can take the nightmare scenario of an agent looking you up and down and verbally listing your physical flaws.

smile thank you so much. You are so right about that.

great advice!!!! I believe this is do-able..lol

Jan 25 10 10:41 am Link

Model

zhiffy

Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

me pls (:
get into a magazine! or get paid by a real company, not freelance photogs

Jan 25 10 01:16 pm Link