Forums > Photography Talk > Is Joey Gunz Dead?

Photographer

W A L L E R

Columbus, Ohio, US

I just saw this great series of videos by Joey Gunz on youtube.  But when I go to his site, it's just a shell.  Nothing there.  I also saw comments that he may have passed.  Is this true?

Jan 30 10 10:53 am Link

Photographer

Matt Chandler

Glendale, Arizona, US

His OMP page was updated Nov 09, so unless it's been really recent I doubt it.

Jan 30 10 10:59 am Link

Photographer

W A L L E R

Columbus, Ohio, US

Check his website and Google him.  Something is up.

Jan 30 10 12:43 pm Link

Photographer

Laubenheimer

New York, New York, US

bump.

Jan 30 10 11:33 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

This guy?  #1520198

Activity jan 30th, 2010.

Jan 30 10 11:37 pm Link

Photographer

Laubenheimer

New York, New York, US

Miss Murder Photography wrote:
This guy?  #1520198

Activity jan 30th, 2010.

fletcher and matlock can't hold a candle to you....

Jan 30 10 11:45 pm Link

Photographer

Nina M Photography

Brooklyn, New York, US

Yes he is dead. His twitter account is still active, but I've seen the same story about him passing away. See this clip below:

"Glamour Photographer JoeYGunZ Dead at 31 
Written by Ray Wilson   

JoeY was and will always be loved dearly. We thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. His spirit, artistic vision and sense of humor will be missed. The world will be a better place because of him. JoeY worked tirelessly to help those around him as evident in the much anticipated launch of Revolution Redux. We pray that his efforts will live on in his art and his venture. We will be closing all of JoeY accounts in short order.  Those interested are welcome to attend the memorial service during the Sexy Social Costume Party at 208 South Pulaski Street, Baltimore, MD 21223 on Saturday, October 31, 2009.

Model Mayhem members are welcome to comment on their experiences with JoeY at is last know post: Model Mayhem Horror Fest Forum Post "

Feb 03 10 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

212-GO-LUCKY

New York, New York, US

I just watched one of his videos. He sounded like a guy who wanted to share with others.

I didnt know him but RIP Joey.

Feb 03 10 02:52 pm Link

Photographer

PDF IMAGES PHOTOGRAPHY

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Mark Laubenheimer wrote:
fletcher and matlock can't hold a candle to you....

Again active Feb. 3rd, 2010 ? , rest in peace ?sad

Feb 03 10 03:00 pm Link

Model

Sarah Fasha

Los Angeles, California, US

This guy is not dead. I shot with him in November (who never gave me the high res pics as promised by the way) and he told me about this rumor going around and he kind of just "ran" with it. He is always updating his twitter and facebook. Trust me, he is alive and well, and ignoring my calls lol.

Feb 03 10 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

dklee studio photo

Richmond, Virginia, US

The " real" Joey Gunz is located in baltimore.  he is not dead.  He was caught running model accounts on MM.  when confronted by a mod to prove ID, he shut it down, and posted the stuff about him dying.  He was not a rumor that he was running with.  He perpetuated the rumors. 

It's unfortunate cause he took some great images, but was really shady in his operations, and like the model above stated, he would keep the images for himself, and not give the models anything...

how do you tell if a model profile is run by him?  all the photos are done by him, and will play around with messages and "book" shoots, only to not show up...

Feb 03 10 04:14 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

Sounds like a worthless attention whore who doesn't deserve to be a part of MM.

Feb 03 10 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

Nina M Photography

Brooklyn, New York, US

Wow!

Thanks for the info. You're right. His twitter does keep updating in my feed. I just thought it was one of his friends or colleagues keeping it active.

~ Nina

Feb 04 10 11:21 am Link

Photographer

James Chase Media

Baltimore, Maryland, US

He's perfectly fine...

Jun 15 10 04:34 pm Link

Model

ErinOBailey

Annapolis, Maryland, US

I just worked with Joey... not only is he an extremely talented artist and photographer, he is a down to earth nice guy. I look forward to working with him again in the near future.

Apr 18 12 06:39 am Link