Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > The darnest things

Model

Asha Etch

New York, New York, US

In this thread you get to ask me one question at a time. It could be to look at your port, critique your profile, or how is the weather, etc.

I'll try to answer each one accordingly smile

Let the Mayhem begin,
Sahani

Feb 11 10 05:49 pm Link

Model

DarcieK

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Okay since I've my port critiqued and I know it sucks right now, can you please critique my profile?

Feb 11 10 06:08 pm Link

Photographer

Roy Hubbard

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, US

Can I get two questions?  What do you think of the photos in my latest shoot?  The one album in my portfolio, it's somewhat of a break from my usual style.

Also, what's up?

Feb 11 10 06:46 pm Link

Model

Tatiana Lyadochkina

What picture should I change my avatar too?

Feb 11 10 07:30 pm Link

Photographer

Rebecca Newman Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

do my first 3 rows of photos majorly outshine my bottom 2? should I just trash the old stuff and continue to build my new port?

Feb 11 10 07:44 pm Link

Model

Asha Etch

New York, New York, US

DarcieK wrote:
Okay since I've my port critiqued and I know it sucks right now, can you please critique my profile?

Well, I have been interested in modeling for about 5 years now, but didn't start doing shoots until last March. My goal is to expand my horizons in terms of different shoots, and to expand my portfolio..and if I'm lucky, possibly make it big, but a girl can only dream smile Besides the modeling, some of my goals are to be in the music industry and own my own magazine one day.

I wouldn't say I have a particular "style" but some of my friends call me fashionable b/c I have a tendency to put clothes together that don't necessarily "go together" and make them work, or I improvise and turn a skirt into a dress, etc.

As for certain styles of photography, I tend to lean more towards darker concepts (a la the zombie photo..I have more and will put them up when I get them), as well as glam. But, my purpose here is to expand my artistic horizons in terms of the types of shoots I do.

I am not yet quite comfortable with doing nudes, however, this may change in the near future. (Revised)

If you're interested in an enthusiastic model, or see me as your muse, you can contact me here, and I will get back to as soon as I can. smile

The stuff in bold are things you want to keep as they get right to the point. Nothing is more aggravating then when you're looking through someones profile and read everything BUT what you were looking for.

Things to add would be whether you do tfp, paid etc... do you travel or are willing drive to the shoots location, can you do your own mua/hair/wardrobe styling unless otherwise stated.

This is like your resume, you want to sell yourself in terms of 'this is what I can do, this is what I would like, this is what I won't do, use me for your project, I'm worth it'!

Hope I was able to help

Feb 12 10 04:00 am Link

Model

Asha Etch

New York, New York, US

Roy Hubbard wrote:
Can I get two questions?  What do you think of the photos in my latest shoot?  The one album in my portfolio, it's somewhat of a break from my usual style.

Also, what's up?

Techniqually that was three lol

1. I'm not the biggest fan of them only because of the model, I feel as though she didn't use her surroundings accordingly and was a bit stiff, however, with that aside I like the technique behind it. Its clear, the lighting is nice, the colors balanced; I can see detail and its not all blurred out. Very nice. Especially location wise, love the rocks. smile

2. Hmm you're in NY I'm in NJ, we should shoot ^_6

Feb 12 10 04:08 am Link

Model

Asha Etch

New York, New York, US

Tatiana Lyadochkina wrote:
What picture should I change my avatar too?

Its very hard to choose, you have alot of amazing work. Hmmm, https://modelmayhm-9.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100205/17/4b6cc6648a90f_m.jpg

Maybe this one. It jumped out at me when I was looking through and I believe it'll be something that people will stop notice and then want to investigate.

P.S- Your current one would be my second choice.

Feb 12 10 04:12 am Link

Model

Asha Etch

New York, New York, US

Rebecca Smith wrote:
do my first 3 rows of photos majorly outshine my bottom 2? should I just trash the old stuff and continue to build my new port?

1. Yes. Its like the bottom rows never stood a chance.

2. Yes. Now if you weren't progressing I would tell you no, but you are moving along and growing wonderfully. So why keep 'eh okay' images next to your amazing ones, when you can keep whats amazing and add more kick ass images? smile

Its a win win situation and you can only benefit from it.

Feb 12 10 04:16 am Link

Photographer

Roy Hubbard

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, US

Sahani Blue wrote:
Techniqually that was three lol

1. I'm not the biggest fan of them only because of the model, I feel as though she didn't use her surroundings accordingly and was a bit stiff, however, with that aside I like the technique behind it. Its clear, the lighting is nice, the colors balanced; I can see detail and its not all blurred out. Very nice. Especially location wise, love the rocks. smile

2. Hmm you're in NY I'm in NJ, we should shoot ^_6

Ha, looks like I'm busted.  I was hoping on squeezing a second answer if you'd just said no.

1. Yeah, I love the location.  I'm going to shoot there a lot more often, I think.  It's a lot more beautiful and spacious than we were able to portray before we had to stop due to the cold.

2. It sounds like you have an idea or two about how to utilize the scenery, and I really dig

Cold weather or hot, if you're comfortable then so am I

I shot that day with no sleeves because I don't like being bunched up and the cold just ain't no thang.  If you really feel the same way I think this feeling I'm having might just be a twinge of excitement.

Feb 12 10 04:35 am Link

Model

Asha Etch

New York, New York, US

Roy Hubbard wrote:
Ha, looks like I'm busted.  I was hoping on squeezing a second answer if you'd just said no.

1. Yeah, I love the location.  I'm going to shoot there a lot more often, I think.  It's a lot more beautiful and spacious than we were able to portray before we had to stop due to the cold.

2. It sounds like you have an idea or two about how to utilize the scenery, and I really dig

I shot that day with no sleeves because I don't like being bunched up and the cold just ain't no thang.  If you really feel the same way I think this feeling I'm having might just be a twinge of excitement.

Pmed u

Feb 12 10 01:40 pm Link

Model

Cobra Renee 09 to 10

Jacksonville, Florida, US

What theme/type of shoot should I do next?

Feb 12 10 04:18 pm Link

Model

AmandaReed

Central Point, Oregon, US

I would like to know your overall view of my profile and port??  Thanks for your time.

Feb 12 10 08:00 pm Link

Model

Asha Etch

New York, New York, US

Cobra Renee wrote:
What theme/type of shoot should I do next?

I'd actually would like to see something really bad ass done with you. I'm thinking an artistic beauty shot to add to your port, with a really creative MUA job. It would be something new and it would let another aspect of your talent show smile

Feb 12 10 09:01 pm Link

Model

Cobra Renee 09 to 10

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Sahani Blue wrote:

I'd actually would like to see something really bad ass done with you. I'm thinking an artistic beauty shot to add to your port, with a really creative MUA job. It would be something new and it would let another aspect of your talent show smile

Awesome smile
I'll definitely suggest it for one of my upcoming shoots!

Feb 12 10 11:45 pm Link

Model

Senator Awesomepants

Greenville, Indiana, US

Do I look in my unedited picture way different from my portfolio ones and why? Also if you would (you don't have to answer this one really just if you wanna) what should be my avatar, I have a few I could use but not many.

Feb 13 10 12:33 am Link

Photographer

Zhiffy Photography

Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

how are my pics? (:

Feb 13 10 01:31 am Link

Model

Asha Etch

New York, New York, US

AmandaReed wrote:
I would like to know your overall view of my profile and port??  Thanks for your time.

Profile is good, and your port is as well though I do believe you should shoot with better photographers. Also I was a little shakey on critiqquing cause I'm not exactly sure what your niche is, so thats something to consider unless of course this is just a hobby in which case, have fun! smile

Feb 14 10 10:29 am Link

Model

Shaun Tia

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Thoughts on my port?

Feb 14 10 10:38 am Link

Model

Asha Etch

New York, New York, US

Senator Awesomepants wrote:
Do I look in my unedited picture way different from my portfolio ones and why? Also if you would (you don't have to answer this one really just if you wanna) what should be my avatar, I have a few I could use but not many.

1. Yes. It could possibly makeup and or the different uses of lighting.

2. Perhaps the last one in the fourth row. Its an all around amazing picture smile

Feb 14 10 10:48 am Link

Model

Asha Etch

New York, New York, US

Zhiffy Photography wrote:
how are my pics? (:

I adore them. They have a simplistic/elegant feel to them. Can't wait to see more smile

Feb 14 10 11:03 am Link

Model

Asha Etch

New York, New York, US

Shaun Tia wrote:
Thoughts on my port?

Fabulous! I love your work, alot of diversity.

Feb 14 10 11:03 am Link

Model

Senator Awesomepants

Greenville, Indiana, US

Sahani Blue wrote:

1. Yes. It could possibly makeup and or the different uses of lighting.

2. Perhaps the last one in the fourth row. Its an all around amazing picture smile

Thank you. smile
And it's probably mostly lighting and different hair.
A little may be makeup and the fact that I was recovering from the stomach flu when  I took my unretouched picture. lol

Feb 16 10 01:09 am Link

Model

Faytal

Manchester, England, United Kingdom

Thoughts on my port  pls smile

Feb 16 10 05:28 am Link

Makeup Artist

Hannah OBrien

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

My question would be - what do you think is lacking in my portfolio?

Feb 16 10 06:09 am Link

Photographer

Eclectic Vision

Toledo, Ohio, US

What are my weakest images?

Feb 16 10 08:24 am Link

Model

mia vaughn

Chicago, Illinois, US

what is the first thought that enters your mind when you see my port?

Feb 16 10 11:05 am Link

Model

Asha Etch

New York, New York, US

Faytal wrote:
Thoughts on my port  pls smile

Amazingly creative and delicious! I love the chief series! I've never seen anything like it but it was wonderful to view!

Feb 17 10 04:11 am Link

Model

Asha Etch

New York, New York, US

Hannah OBrien wrote:
My question would be - what do you think is lacking in my portfolio?

Color.

You've got the smokey eyed look showing you can do that, and you have some very natural ones. Now add some color and you'd be set, really get creative with it (if you're comfortable) or it can be simple, but more colors will make your port pop and appear vibrant.

Feb 17 10 04:13 am Link

Model

Asha Etch

New York, New York, US

Eclectic Vision  wrote:
What are my weakest images?

The interesting thing about your port is that all of the weaker images have only maybe 4,7,2 comments. They should be easy to look through and find smile I only saw about three.

Feb 17 10 04:15 am Link

Model

Damianne

Austin, Texas, US

I need to know which images to remove to make room for new ones. Tell me?

Feb 17 10 05:14 am Link

Model

Asha Etch

New York, New York, US

mia vaughn wrote:
what is the first thought that enters your mind when you see my port?

Classic Seductress.

Feb 18 10 09:46 pm Link

Model

Asha Etch

New York, New York, US

Damianne wrote:
I need to know which images to remove to make room for new ones. Tell me?

The first, second and possibly fourth (even though I really like that one, I don't think it shows your modeling abilities)

Feb 21 10 10:39 am Link

Model

B-Chiseled

Savannah, Georgia, US

Fairly new to modeling, just need a little direction...What is the best and worst photo in my port thus far? Should any of them be deleted? Thanks for your time

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/1482559/1

Feb 21 10 10:55 am Link

Model

Asha Etch

New York, New York, US

Bobby Chisholm wrote:
Fairly new to modeling, just need a little direction...What is the best and worst photo in my port thus far? Should any of them be deleted? Thanks for your time

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/1482559/1

You should delete double images, I believe the second and fourth should go as well as the second to last. The ones that are left help to give an impression of how you look physically. Don't stress over best and worst images at this time as you're still building/new, you're giving an impression right now so that people can look at you and fit you into their concept of what look you can provide for them. smile

Best Wishes

Feb 21 10 05:03 pm Link

Model

deactivatedaccount

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Could you critique my portfolio please?

Feb 21 10 05:21 pm Link

Model

Vera Much

Destruction Bay, Virgin Islands, US

Hey there wink Would you pick out an AVI from my port that does not show my face? TY!
~Vera

Feb 21 10 05:29 pm Link

Model

B-Chiseled

Savannah, Georgia, US

Sahani Blue wrote:

You should delete double images, I believe the second and fourth should go as well as the second to last. The ones that are left help to give an impression of how you look physically. Don't stress over best and worst images at this time as you're still building/new, you're giving an impression right now so that people can look at you and fit you into their concept of what look you can provide for them. smile

Best Wishes

Thanks for your advice, it is very much appreciated. I will keep that in mind

Feb 21 10 06:53 pm Link

Model

Asha Etch

New York, New York, US

Vladlena Mitskaniouk wrote:
Could you critique my portfolio please?

You need to keep shooting, you have potenial as shown in your avi, now you need to work to display more of that in your port, but I think you'll be fine. Just network, network, network.

Feb 21 10 10:21 pm Link

Model

Asha Etch

New York, New York, US

bump

Feb 26 10 10:36 am Link