Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > New photographer!

Photographer

Michael Heartless

Hollis, New Hampshire, US

Hey everyone! I'm a new photographer, I just activated this account 2 days ago! I'm looking for some comments, critique, and any general feedback you guys can give on my portfolio so far. I know it's not much at the moment, but there will be more to come soon.

Thanks,
Michael

Feb 21 10 12:43 am Link

Photographer

Redd Dyver

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Just real quick... images 1 & 2, have the model step away from the wall a little create some separation from her and the shadow.

Image 3, in my opinion (and it's only an opinion) with as lithe as she already is and a pose where her arms and legs were coming towards you, you should have been further away from her. I'm assuming you're back was already against a wall or something though. I would have had her move to the other side of the bed, and shot from the other side myself.... but just an opinion from another point of view.

Keep trying at it, keep doing new things, and I hope you keep at it!

Welcome to the photography ranks!

Feb 21 10 01:56 am Link

Photographer

Michael Heartless

Hollis, New Hampshire, US

Redd Dyver wrote:
Just real quick... images 1 & 2, have the model step away from the wall a little create some separation from her and the shadow.

Image 3, in my opinion (and it's only an opinion) with as lithe as she already is and a pose where her arms and legs were coming towards you, you should have been further away from her. I'm assuming you're back was already against a wall or something though. I would have had her move to the other side of the bed, and shot from the other side myself.... but just an opinion from another point of view.

Keep trying at it, keep doing new things, and I hope you keep at it!

Welcome to the photography ranks!

Thanks for the tips! Very helpful since I'm just starting out. It's kind of difficult without a studio or any lighting equipment, just a camera and a few friends who are models that let me practice on them.

Feb 21 10 10:02 am Link