Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > DAR Critiques > Do you like this processing?

Photographer

Joseph Jason Photograph

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, US

https://modelmayhm-7.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100223/18/4b84910eb6910.jpg

Thanks for your opinions. No critique is too rough.

Feb 24 10 04:51 pm Link

Retoucher

ice7

Joseph Jason Photograph wrote:
https://modelmayhm-7.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100223/18/4b84910eb6910.jpg

Thanks for your opinions. No critique is too rough.

skin in the shadows too blotchy/grundgy ... looks like gandma smile

Feb 24 10 05:19 pm Link

Retoucher

Michael Brittain

Wahiawa, Hawaii, US

The tough thing with kids is not taking the retouching to far, but this image still looks like it needs work.

Feb 25 10 02:53 am Link

Photographer

S de Varax

London, England, United Kingdom

needs teensy bit more work but overall i like it. looks very kids headshots ish.

Feb 25 10 03:03 am Link

Retoucher

KKP Retouching

Anaheim, California, US

I agree that the skin appears "old"... there's too much contrast.  A young angelic girl like her should have smooth, healthy skin.  In this photo, it looks like she's been spending years in the sun.

Feb 25 10 07:35 pm Link

Retoucher

Ashish Arora

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I think the shot itself is not right, you should have taken it from a different angle all together, like say, front facing so this does not look old. The girl needs skin retouching to take out her blemishes/smooth out the flaws on the cheeks/under eyes. I like the color/the mood you tried to create though!

But, again, you need to retouch areas on her face, also her arms seem over-saturated and rough. If this is her in real life, she is sure not a good subject for you to be displaying your skills with Photoshop, and if she is not, you know where you went wrong!

I think if this was a front shot, saturation would have been lot lesser in the first go itself. smile

Feb 28 10 11:58 pm Link

Photographer

JOHN C

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

lol
i dont see anything wrong with it....

just perfect for a kid portrait...

Mar 01 10 12:06 am Link

Photographer

SuperCrash1

West Hollywood, California, US

Nice picture, the fleshtone looks a bit uni-color and off.

Mar 05 10 11:01 pm Link

Photographer

B Browder Photo

Charleston, South Carolina, US

John Corvera wrote:
lol

+1

Nice lighting the best thing about it is it doesn't look "processed"  which is best for kid photos.  IMO

Mar 06 10 05:05 am Link

Retoucher

ZARIHS RETOUCHER

Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland

John Corvera wrote:
lol

same here +1

Mar 06 10 03:09 pm Link

Retoucher

Oranges

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

John Corvera wrote:
lol

+2.  it's a kid portrait.  the beauty of it is that it's natural and SHOULDN'T be smoothed out.  If anything, maybe darken the wall to the right and brighten the arm to the left.  This'll help open up the lower portion, bring her forward, and recess the background.  I think the overall tone is great.  just my cents.

Mar 06 10 09:27 pm Link

Photographer

SuperCrash1

West Hollywood, California, US

I guess I need to qualify my critique. The picture itself is awesome and is a great capture. However, if you look at the wall behind the child's head, then look at her hair, then look at her skin tone, they are all variations of that muddy brown color. It could be more vibrant by cooling off the color of the wall or perhaps giving the skin a tad more color. Here is a quick example of a slight change that may give the image a bit more separation from the wall.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/overhyp3d09/example.jpg

Mar 07 10 06:11 pm Link

Photographer

Dreamscape Creative

Charleston, South Carolina, US

I think it has a perfectly good photojournalistic quality to it.  I like the higher contrast, and I like how you've kept it pretty much natural.  It's not something worth nitpicking about.

Mar 08 10 11:25 am Link