Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > are Yaby concealers and powders any good???

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

I see alot of people raving over Yaby products but mainly the eyesdahodws..So I did buy a few of the already ready palettes of the eyeshadows...cant wait till they arrive..

but I am wondering about their powders and concealers...
are they good as well??

or what would some of you recommend in terms of good powders and concealers...even if another brand..

Thanks all!!!

Mar 04 10 12:19 am Link

Makeup Artist

Monique Heijboer

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands

I love both the powders and the concealers.
They are incredibly pigmented (so a little goes a looooong way) but very easy to work with, never dry or cakey.

Once I started using them, I never went back to anything else.

Mar 04 10 12:51 am Link

Model

Lea Halliwell

Lexington, Kentucky, US

Have you seen them in action?  If not, check out this video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLBKDFp7MUA
This one, too:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36nUZlz0-EY

That might help you a little.

Mar 04 10 02:04 am Link

Makeup Artist

courthart

Los Angeles, California, US

just got my powders and im IN LOVE smile

Mar 04 10 04:56 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Beauty4U

New York, New York, US

I have the cream foundation palettes (both) and they are amazing!  I used to hate cream foundations until I tried Yaby.  I actually used the Yaby foundations for this:

https://modelmayhm-9.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/091123/13/4b0af9fb04a74_m.jpg

Mar 04 10 05:05 pm Link

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

awesome info..just what I wanted to hear....
and awesome makeup work in the pic Yisell...

think Im going to buy the foundation palettes....

thanks again!!!

Mar 04 10 11:29 pm Link

Makeup Artist

LisaJohnson

Nashville, Tennessee, US

My dual finish foundations from Yaby are literally LIFE SAVERS for my HD, wedding, commercial work.  I'm a big fan.

Mar 04 10 11:54 pm Link

Model

Nude Etude

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

How natural are Yaby products? What sort of ingredients do they use?
Cheers!

Mar 05 10 02:26 am Link

Makeup Artist

Asha - Makeup Artist

Anderson, Alabama, US

Lea Halliwell wrote:
Have you seen them in action?  If not, check out this video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLBKDFp7MUA
This one, too:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36nUZlz0-EY

That might help you a little.

lol just watched these smile

The only little hangup I have is that he was a little underwhelmed on the blush colours... but he didn't apply it on prepped skin... it had nothing to stick to tongue

Mar 05 10 06:10 am Link

Makeup Artist

liz yu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Nude Etude wrote:
How natural are Yaby products? What sort of ingredients do they use?
Cheers!

yaby isn't about how natural the ingredients are.  strictly speaking, no cosmetics or skincare is natural even if it contains a long list of plant derived ingredients, every product needs a number of stabalizers for the ingredients itself, the antioxidants and the preservatives.

the only natural makeup is the way cave people did it, open up the fruit that you know is safe for you to eat, and paint your face with it.

yaby's philosophy is creating colors that are safe for the intended area of use, without the use of unstable (especially the highly hyped 'natural' ingredients), essential oils and fragrance. 

i don't personally believe in fragrance in skincare or makeup as they are usually one of the biggest reason for causing slow developing allergies that can spread beyond the face, so yaby products will never have any perfumes. 

essential oils are generally active carriers, any traces of essential oils in cosmetics is not going to benefit the user, however, it can easily cause irritations when used together with ingredients which might not otherwise be an issue to the user.

many plant derived ingredients, although hardly in their natural form, is the culprit of many allergies.  it can be anything from a slight annoying itch to full body blister rashes that take weeks to subside and months for the ugly scars to heal. 

In most makeup products, you will find many similarities in their ingredient lists.  what sets yaby apart is the way the ingredients are processed and the ratio they are put together with.  this is what affects the texture of the product, blendability with each other on the skin, longevity of your makeup's effect as well as how comfortable they are to wear.

Mar 05 10 10:44 am Link

Makeup Artist

Beauty4U

New York, New York, US

liz yu wrote:

yaby isn't about how natural the ingredients are.  strictly speaking, no cosmetics or skincare is natural even if it contains a long list of plant derived ingredients, every product needs a number of stabalizers for the ingredients itself, the antioxidants and the preservatives.

the only natural makeup is the way cave people did it, open up the fruit that you know is safe for you to eat, and paint your face with it.

yaby's philosophy is creating colors that are safe for the intended area of use, without the use of unstable (especially the highly hyped 'natural' ingredients), essential oils and fragrance. 

i don't personally believe in fragrance in skincare or makeup as they are usually one of the biggest reason for causing slow developing allergies that can spread beyond the face, so yaby products will never have any perfumes. 

essential oils are generally active carriers, any traces of essential oils in cosmetics is not going to benefit the user, however, it can easily cause irritations when used together with ingredients which might not otherwise be an issue to the user.

many plant derived ingredients, although hardly in their natural form, is the culprit of many allergies.  it can be anything from a slight annoying itch to full body blister rashes that take weeks to subside and months for the ugly scars to heal. 

In most makeup products, you will find many similarities in their ingredient lists.  what sets yaby apart is the way the ingredients are processed and the ratio they are put together with.  this is what affects the texture of the product, blendability with each other on the skin, longevity of your makeup's effect as well as how comfortable they are to wear.

You had me at YABY!

Mar 05 10 11:34 am Link

Makeup Artist

ClaireShipman

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Yaby concealors rock, creamy, blendable and excellent coverage for under eyes and blemishes so far Ive tried most of the line and im very impressed I wont go anywhere without those lovely compact white pallets smile

Mar 06 10 02:13 am Link

Makeup Artist

Alinta Hassen Makeup

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

i use Yaby concealers, i find them to be really easy to blend and i hardly have to use any at all!

Mar 06 10 03:23 am Link

Makeup Artist

A N G

I have a full set of the yaby liquid foundation, a few concealers and cream foundations, in addition to color products.  Yaby is awesome, hands down, amazing.  I haven't  foundation anything like the cream or liquid foundations.  Fast becoming an absolute favorite.

Mar 06 10 10:39 am Link

Makeup Artist

A N G

LisaJohnson wrote:
My dual finish foundations from Yaby are literally LIFE SAVERS for my HD, wedding, commercial work.  I'm a big fan.

I don't have any, but I know you're an awesome source, so I will definitely try them out when I'm done with my other dual finish powders from another maker smile

Mar 06 10 10:40 am Link

Makeup Artist

Cara Face Artistry

Austin, Texas, US

Thanks for this question — and all the responses! I was going to ask the very same question today.

I recently bought my first Yaby product, an empty palette for lipstick and absolutely love it. So, I think I'm going to invest in the concealers, as well. But, to piggyback on the original question: Do Yaby concealers do a good job of covering dark brown circles — I am having the most difficult time with that! — or do you find that you have to use another product with it?

Mar 06 10 12:40 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Hayley Alys MUA

London, England, United Kingdom

Yaby is the sex.

That is all smile

K I lied

But anyways, I have wicked sensitive skin... Like sensitive to the point where I had barnacle eyelids for about 3-4 months from a reaction to sh*tty cake makeup (You can ask the people I went to school with.)
Yaby, MUFE and MAC are the only products I dont break into one huge blister over, but I was incredibly impressed with the Yaby concealer. It was creamy, covered my perma bags and odd pimple...
It was love at first try.
I am beyond impressed after that little trial off my friend and will deffo be ordering from them soon

Mar 06 10 01:34 pm Link

Makeup Artist

KathyAragon

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Yaby concealer is absolutely amazing but I will admit I don't use it as much as the yaby foundation, because the yaby foundation is insanely pigmented on it's own. The foundation used at full strength has amazing coverage and is enough for me to cover any extras!

Mar 06 10 02:24 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Yeikov Makeup Artist

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

I will said this Personally

I was Born again when i discover YABY
and to tell you the truth i don't know how i survive with out it for so long

and Liz you are absolutely Brilliant!!!!

Mar 06 10 07:57 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Asha - Makeup Artist

Anderson, Alabama, US

A N G wrote:
I have a full set of the yaby liquid foundation, a few concealers and cream foundations, in addition to color products.  Yaby is awesome, hands down, amazing.  I haven't  foundation anything like the cream or liquid foundations.  Fast becoming an absolute favorite.

I recently ordered some of the cream and liquid foundations along with a pearl paint palette...

I'm incredibly impressed. The liquid foundation is bomb! The price for the quality is absolutely phenomenal! The cream foundations go on like butter and don't seem to get cakey at all... big_smile

And of course I JUST had the opportunity to try out my pearl paints for the first time... I don't think I'm ever going anywhere without them. The colours are incredible, and the application is SO smooth, with so little fall out big_smile

I'm obsessed with them for the moment.

Mar 07 10 02:30 pm Link

Makeup Artist

courthart

Got the yaby powder foundation pallets and used them today..... Totally blown away!!!!!!

Throwing my studio fix away. It is sooooo beautiful. Also contoured with the dark pallet..... Again....amazing amazing!! smile

Mar 08 10 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

KA Style

Syracuse, New York, US

I LOVE my Yaby foundation pallets! I have a Temptu concealer wheel I have barely touched because my Yaby works so well.. smile Cant wait to get some eye colors!

Edit: sorry photographer profile. And yea I cleaned out a bunch of other foundations in my kit because my Yaby is so amazing!

Mar 09 10 07:27 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Killerdarling

Berlin, Berlin, Germany

I want Yaby!

Mar 09 10 07:59 am Link

Photographer

KA Style

Syracuse, New York, US

Puffi Star wrote:
I want Yaby!

Yes you do! smile Its FAB! I cant wait to get more! What I really love is you can get the refills for your pallets. I blaze through some colors quickly.

Mar 09 10 08:30 am Link

Makeup Artist

Asha - Makeup Artist

Anderson, Alabama, US

K Glam Photos wrote:

Yes you do! smile Its FAB! I cant wait to get more! What I really love is you can get the refills for your pallets. I blaze through some colors quickly.

And the best part is, when you're running out, the shipping is insanely fast big_smile

Mar 09 10 08:56 am Link

Photographer

KA Style

Syracuse, New York, US

Asha - Makeup Artist wrote:

And the best part is, when you're running out, the shipping is insanely fast big_smile

Yes! smile

Mar 09 10 10:21 am Link

Makeup Artist

Vanessa Dawn- Jhaesayte

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

How do you guys find the highlighting powders to be?

Mar 09 10 10:28 am Link

Makeup Artist

Asha - Makeup Artist

Anderson, Alabama, US

K Glam Photos wrote:

Yes! smile

3 days. No lies! big_smile

Mar 09 10 11:02 am Link