Retoucher

Jessica Loewen Retouch

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

So I've been contemplating changing prices for some time and have decided to do so today but am not sure what to change them to.

Currently I charge $15 per image and have been told by other retouchers that I am short-changing myself.  I currently have difficulty keeping up with my workload so I know I need to raise them a little, but I also don't want to scare away my regulars and keep the business coming in. 

Anyone mind taking a look at my port and giving me their opinion?

Mar 11 10 01:10 pm Link

Retoucher

Solstice Retouch

New York, New York, US

Jessica Loewen Retouch wrote:
So I've been contemplating changing prices for some time and have decided to do so today but am not sure what to change them to.

Currently I charge $15 per image and have been told by other retouchers that I am short-changing myself.  I currently have difficulty keeping up with my workload so I know I need to raise them a little, but I also don't want to scare away my regulars and keep the business coming in. 

Anyone mind taking a look at my port and giving me their opinion?

Offer at least 20/file, is my suggestion. However, keep in mind what your price is, will be based on the time you spend per image, the cost associated with your living conditions (rent/overhead/other bills), and what you would be happy with.

The key is keeping your regulars happy. For new customers, which you can afford to throw out a new price to, test the market and see how it goes. Some may be willing to pay 30, 40, or even more per file.

Mar 11 10 06:37 pm Link

Retoucher

Jessica Loewen Retouch

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Solstice Retouch wrote:
The key is keeping your regulars happy. For new customers, which you can afford to throw out a new price to, test the market and see how it goes. Some may be willing to pay 30, 40, or even more per file.

I think you are right.  If I update my prices I will most likely send an e-mail to my regulars stating that their price remains the same.

Mar 11 10 06:54 pm Link

Retoucher

Michael Brittain

Wahiawa, Hawaii, US

I'd say at least $50 per image based on a one hour work time.

Mar 11 10 11:32 pm Link

Retoucher

y2cute

San Francisco, California, US

judging from samples of your work in your port, i have to agree with other retouchers smile u could easily be making $15 per hour rather than image (unless it takes u less than an hour, then worth doing i guess). A lot of noobies here (+1) are making $10-$15 per image base (it's a minimum that we're all agree on or something).

Mar 12 10 12:40 am Link