Forums > General Industry > DADDY is FREAKING, what to do???

Model

Ms Kaylee

Helena, Montana, US

Posted by Patrick Walberg: 
What this gives me such "pause" about is how our society has changed. There are children with emotional problems who may grow into adults with mental illnesses. I can't save the World, I know that! But I can't even help one child who seems to be crying out for help! Why? Because I am a male over 30 YO, and that makes me a "target." Those are the words from a mental health worker who is in the same "boat" as me. No matter how good the intentions maybe, older male photographers must watch out! I have been put on the defense when any woman would have been on the offense for this girl. That my friends is truly sad.

That's where girls like me come in, Patrick. I've got nothing to risk and I'm not afraid to throw a punch at a guy even if they can overpower me.

Most people here don't really care about other people's business. The only ones that they care about are themselves. I give you credit for giving two cents about it.

You know what's really sad? Even though there are so many people out there who said that female should have all the "powers" that men have, behind closed doors, those words are thrown out the window.

People don't realize what really goes on until they see it for themselves, experience it, or when it's too late. Even though there are groups out there that tries to help and prevent situations like this, they aren't much of a help because children and women are too afraid to report it. They are afraid that if they do and nothing happens to the perpetrator, they'll be in more trouble than before. And that is true. Cases like this go under-reported. When they do get reported, it won't get people's attention until someone dies. But history has proven that even though someone's life may be at danger or has been in danger, it only stay in the public's eye for a very short time.

That's the world we live in. As sad and depressing as it may be.

So goes the saying since I was small: Women and children are only seen, not heard.

One person can make a difference. Remember that.

Jul 25 05 06:36 pm Link

Photographer

W__

Bloomfield, Connecticut, US

In case this hasn't been stated. YOU MUST CALL THE AUTHORITIES.

There is no doubt about it. This girl said she is being abused. She confided that in you. But that is not something you can keep as a little secret. Call the police or child services within 10 minutes of reading this. Don't think about it. The delay you take could cost her. Don't be selfish about this. Someone will investigate and if all is good that is fine, but if your concerns and her statements are true she will be safe.

Jul 25 05 07:55 pm Link