Model

Nymphette Noire

Sonoma, California, US

Any models here on Zivity? What do you think about it? Any advice for Zivity sets?

Mar 15 10 10:20 pm Link

Model

Kaia

Dallas, Texas, US

I've heard you have to promote the living hell out of your set to get anything out of it, that's why I never did it. I don't want to have to constantly harass everyone for votes.

But I do really like some of the photography I see on the site and it's definitely gained a lot of popularity.

Mar 16 10 05:23 am Link

Model

MissSybarite

Los Angeles, California, US

Kaia  wrote:
I've heard you have to promote the living hell out of your set to get anything out of it, that's why I never did it. I don't want to have to constantly harass everyone for votes...

I'm the wrong age for that site, but that's what I've heard over and over.

Mar 16 10 05:24 am Link

Photographer

Keys88 Photo

New York, New York, US

I just joined recently and my only complaints are the slow publication time (it takes over a month; often longer for a set to go "live") and the inequity in pay.

Models get 60% of the money earned from voting, while photographers pocket 20%.  It's quite a lot of work to edit 15-40 photos, all in the same style, for a Zivity set and the pay disparity doesn't really seem that fair.

That said, however, I think it's an enormously talented group of artists and a great showcase for their collaborations.

The site has been around for a while but, as I understand it, has only grown in popularity in the past year or so.  It's still in its infancy.  The vote whoring isn't that bad, at all and --the more the site grows-- they may very well increase the amounts earned per vote as the site gains popularity.

Right now, I think it would be foolish to rely on Zivity as a serious source of income, but I think it's a great way (especially for models) to get exposure and make some great art.

I would recommend joining, posting a set and seeing how you like it.

Mar 16 10 07:25 am Link

Model

LipsumLorem

Ha, Haa, Bhutan

Kaia  wrote:
I've heard you have to promote the living hell out of your set to get anything out of it, that's why I never did it. I don't want to have to constantly harass everyone for votes.

But I do really like some of the photography I see on the site and it's definitely gained a lot of popularity.

Yup I don't have time for that. I threw up a couple Zivity sets but since there is no way I have a ton of time to spend online sucking up to fans it just isn't worth it. That's basically the only way to make money is to spend a lot of time talking to your "fans". It's not really worth it I don't shoot Zivity sets anymore. I might send pictures to Zivity if I was doing it for portfolio anyway and we both just happened to have a ton of great shots (that's what happened on my last set) but that's about the only good reason to submit.

I also took the fact that I do Zivity sets off my profile because I was sick of getting asked to shoot for sets.

Mar 16 10 08:03 am Link

Photographer

ICT Photography

Wichita, Kansas, US

I have 3 sets live on Zivity now. The only real way for a photographer to make money off that site seems to win a contest. I had a won a $250 dollar contest, but got to keep $170 after zivity's cut, and then after cutting the model in there is not much left. Each of the 3 sets has about 50-60 votes which is about$10 worth of votes per set. Not great money, but I might have done the shoots for free anyways.

Hopefully they start treating the photographer as good as the models in the future, or they may run out of decent artists to do sets for them. As mentioned earlier, if your set is not for a contest then it can take forever to get a set published!!!

*EDIT* sorry I over looked the fact that this was a model post. SO in that aspect, the 3 sets I have shot and made $30 off of, the model has made about $100 off of those particular 3 sets. So it might not be that great of money for the model either. But if you are not modeling full time, it might be a good way to make a little extra cash on the side.  Oh and it seems you get paid quarterly.

Mar 16 10 08:13 am Link

Photographer

Nic

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Zivity sucks A$$!

Mar 16 10 08:18 am Link

Photographer

Keys88 Photo

New York, New York, US

Nic wrote:
Zivity sucks A$$!

With a compelling argument like THAT, . . . so detailed and explanatory (and not, at all, bitter-sounding,) I don't think there's any need for anyone else to post.

OP, I think the tread is over. 

Apparently Zivity sucks A$$.

Mar 16 10 08:28 am Link

Photographer

bobby sargent

Deming, New Mexico, US

Nic wrote:
Zivity sucks A$$!

So true. bs

Mar 16 10 10:31 am Link

Photographer

c_d_s

Lubbock, Texas, US

Zivity was a great idea, gone horribly wrong due to some rather idiotic business decisions made early on, even though lots of people tried desperately to set them straight.

I have little doubt that once they burn through their venture capital financing, the site will close.

Mar 16 10 10:36 am Link

Model

Dyaphanye

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

I really think with sponsors like playboy, they won't close any time soon.  I have had mixed results but try to also get paid for my sets if possible up front, so it's not a big risk. The quality of some of my work there is quite superior to average mm work.  Until now, I haven't had time to sit and promote the site, but with daily checkups I think it could be lucrative.

Oh, and plan on shooting at least topless for actually making money; artistic and technically profound clothed shoots might re-coup your losses and actually do wonders for networking and publicizing.

Mar 25 11 11:45 am Link

Body Painter

Extreme Body Art

South Jordan, Utah, US

Zivity is a subscribe site (or pay to vote site)
Basically if you hope to get any votes you have to get naked..
From my experience it's the "guys that just want to see naked chicks" who buy credits to vote or subscribe to have the opportunity to vote like 3 times a month. (unless it's changed since I have been there last)

Their are non-nude models on there, but they rarely if ever get votes.

That's my thoughts on Zivity.. their are great models on the site, but I'm not going to PAY to vote for someone.. just not my thing.

Mar 25 11 10:55 pm Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Kaia  wrote:

that is true.

i joined the site when it first started and i did some sets way back then.  a few months ago i got a check in the mail for about $1.50.

i'm not into telling people to vote for me.

Mar 26 11 12:03 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Stephen Markman wrote:

With a compelling argument like THAT, . . . so detailed and explanatory (and not, at all, bitter-sounding,) I don't think there's any need for anyone else to post.

OP, I think the tread is over. 

Apparently Zivity sucks A$$.

smile.

Mar 26 11 12:05 am Link

Photographer

Keys88 Photo

New York, New York, US

Extreme Body Art wrote:
Zivity is a subscribe site (or pay to vote site)
Basically if you hope to get any votes you have to get naked..
From my experience it's the "guys that just want to see naked chicks" who buy credits to vote or subscribe to have the opportunity to vote like 3 times a month. (unless it's changed since I have been there last)

Their are non-nude models on there, but they rarely if ever get votes.

That's my thoughts on Zivity.. their are great models on the site, but I'm not going to PAY to vote for someone.. just not my thing.

I'm wondering if you have ANY clue what you're talking about.

If I'm not mistaken, the #1 Zivity model of 2010 (i.e. most votes) was a model who does not do nudes.

So, again. . . you were saying . . . ???  hmm

Mar 26 11 08:46 am Link

Photographer

Merlyn Magic Photo

Long Beach, California, US

Stephen Markman wrote:

I'm wondering if you have ANY clue what you're talking about.

If I'm not mistaken, the #1 Zivity model of 2010 (i.e. most votes) was a model who does not do nudes.

So, again. . . you were saying . . . ???  hmm

But was she a good hustler? Would you argue with the contention that promotion is the key? If folks aren't willing to self-promote, is the benefit worth the trouble? Much like the model has to put in the time after the set goes live that you do to edit and get the set ready.

Mar 26 11 08:54 am Link

Model

Chaya Phally

New York, New York, US

giving away raunchy pictures that zivity would never approve of would work. being a hustler would work.

i will never be a hustler. i horribly suck at asking for votes. therefore, i am one of the models who have lower votes than the hustlers do well on zivity. mine is http://www.zivity.com/models/Chaya_Phally

zivity has contests. they have prizes (http://www.zivity.com/prize). the higher prize the more you would be able to get in a quarterly check.

honestly, it's anyone's game.

playboy is another story. you have to be a bit more competitive if you want to submit your set to the playboy contest on zivity.

now zivity welcomes male models.
http://www.zivity.com/models/dudes

Mar 26 11 09:16 am Link

Photographer

Chroma Flux

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Cant you be invited to try the site for free for 30 days? Is there a way for me to get invited. I want to see what its all about.

May 12 11 01:33 pm Link

Photographer

Daniel Walker Toronto

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Read their release form.  Photographers--they want you to give up all your rights to 'em. F*CKKKKK THAT.

You're better off submitting to Playboy ONCE than you are working for Zivity.

$500 once is better than $1.50 every month.

May 12 11 03:26 pm Link

Model

Dekilah

Dearborn, Michigan, US

My Zivity: http://www.zivity.com/users/Dekilah

I am on Zivity and I shot probably 10 sets or so late last year. Unfortunately, the photographer who shot these sets is now dating my ex-fiance and so I am no longer shooting for Zivity.

To me, it's fun. I don't expect to make any real cash from it and the sets are definitely more for fun. I shoot playful stuff that I would never expect to put in my actual portfolio. I don't run around begging for votes, but I am friendly and I try to keep light conversations going with the "fans."

I'd love to shoot again just because it's fun to come up with the cute concepts.

In general (please note I said "in general") for sets of similar quality, the set with more nudity or showing more "fun bits" does get more votes. Obviously models who already have a following (for example Mosh) will get votes regardless it seems. And it has been my personal experience that quality is not nearly as important for fans as a playful or sexy vibe to the set. Zivity itself seems to try to feature the higher quality sets, but fans don't always vote along with this.

Again, this is all just what I've seen with my experience. I've only been on the site since this past fall.

May 12 11 04:01 pm Link

Photographer

Toto Photo

Belmont, California, US

Love your playful attitude about it but have a practical question too--Made any money at it, since last Fall?

May 12 11 04:28 pm Link

Model

Dekilah

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Toto Photo wrote:

Love your playful attitude about it but have a practical question too--Made any money at it, since last Fall?

Well, I haven't received a check yet, so technically no. But I think I have supposedly "earned" about $120 if/when I do get the check(s).

May 12 11 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

Don Anderson

Salem, Oregon, US

I admit, I'm a big fan of Zivity. I've been on the site for just over two years. No, It's not a big money maker but it does have that potential. I've had models get checks for up to $1,000 for a quarter. I've had checks of over $800 for a quarter but more often, average around $300. I submit work that I'm not using anyway except for the models portfolios. We both profit that way. Personally, I really enjoy Zivity and most of the models I've worked with enjoy it too. Yes, you do have to promote yourself a bit but if a model spent half as much time on Zivity as they seem to spend on Facebook they would probably make some good money. One of my top earning models did not do nude, only implied. Anyone wanting a free trial, send me your email address and I'll set you up.  One aspect of Zivity that appeals to me and to my models is that no set can go live until the models logs on and approves it.

don   Photogofer on zivity.  http://www.zivity.com/photographers/photogofer

May 12 11 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

Chroma Flux

Atlanta, Georgia, US

edit

May 12 11 11:02 pm Link

Photographer

Nico Simon Princely

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I just read this a a models blog:

"Next on the Internet news front is the latest word from Zivity, who introduced a few changes of their own this week. For starters, they’ve rearranged the payout scale for models and photographers. Models went from getting 60% of each vote on their sets to 55%, while photographers get a raise from 20% up to 30% of each vote. Zivity also took a 5% cut from their share, in order to give photographers more. I think this is great news, as I’ve always felt those ratios were a little out of balance. This is only effective on sets published after the changes went into effect."

I still don't like the Idea of getting 30% for doing 4 times the work as the model, planning,  set up, tear down, retouching, uploading etc...

Might be a good way to network. I might give it a shot  not sure yet.

Jun 18 11 04:22 am Link

Photographer

J Welborn

Clarksville, Tennessee, US

I could not see a way to make money on Zivity that would make it worthwhile to play their games

Jun 18 11 05:08 am Link

Model

Ashley Graham

Oceanside, California, US

I hate zivity but im on there as lt_smash

Jun 18 11 05:23 am Link

Photographer

Jeff Fiore

Brooklyn, New York, US

Stephen Markman wrote:
I just joined recently and my only complaints are the slow publication time (it takes over a month; often longer for a set to go "live") and the inequity in pay.

Models get 60% of the money earned from voting, while photographers pocket 20%.  It's quite a lot of work to edit 15-40 photos, all in the same style, for a Zivity set and the pay disparity doesn't really seem that fair.

That said, however, I think it's an enormously talented group of artists and a great showcase for their collaborations.

The site has been around for a while but, as I understand it, has only grown in popularity in the past year or so.  It's still in its infancy.  The vote whoring isn't that bad, at all and --the more the site grows-- they may very well increase the amounts earned per vote as the site gains popularity.

Right now, I think it would be foolish to rely on Zivity as a serious source of income, but I think it's a great way (especially for models) to get exposure and make some great art.

I would recommend joining, posting a set and seeing how you like it.

I just use Zivity as a "trade" tool. I really don't expect much out of Zivity for myself. When I edit Zivity set, I create an action of the global adjustments as I post-process the first one - makes it much easier.

Jun 18 11 05:30 am Link

Photographer

Jeff Fiore

Brooklyn, New York, US

Nico Simon Princely wrote:
I just read this a a models blog:

"Next on the Internet news front is the latest word from Zivity, who introduced a few changes of their own this week. For starters, they’ve rearranged the payout scale for models and photographers. Models went from getting 60% of each vote on their sets to 55%, while photographers get a raise from 20% up to 30% of each vote. Zivity also took a 5% cut from their share, in order to give photographers more. I think this is great news, as I’ve always felt those ratios were a little out of balance. This is only effective on sets published after the changes went into effect."

I still don't like the Idea of getting 30% for doing 4 times the work as the model, planning,  set up, tear down, retouching, uploading etc...

Might be a good way to network. I might give it a shot  not sure yet.

They also now allow models to self-shoot too

Jun 18 11 05:41 am Link

Photographer

AgentProvocateur

Camarillo, California, US

Don Anderson wrote:
Hi Don, great info here regarding Zivity, can you still set up MM members w a trial run there? Thank you in advance! Carl- [email protected]
I admit, I'm a big fan of Zivity. I've been on the site for just over two years. No, It's not a big money maker but it does have that potential. I've had models get checks for up to $1,000 for a quarter. I've had checks of over $800 for a quarter but more often, average around $300. I submit work that I'm not using anyway except for the models portfolios. We both profit that way. Personally, I really enjoy Zivity and most of the models I've worked with enjoy it too. Yes, you do have to promote yourself a bit but if a model spent half as much time on Zivity as they seem to spend on Facebook they would probably make some good money. One of my top earning models did not do nude, only implied. Anyone wanting a free trial, send me your email address and I'll set you up.  One aspect of Zivity that appeals to me and to my models is that no set can go live until the models logs on and approves it.

don   Photogofer on zivity.  http://www.zivity.com/photographers/photogofer

Aug 22 15 12:34 am Link