Forums > Photography Talk > ImPossible, the re-birth of instant film

Photographer

fLOVE PHOTOGRAPHY NYC

New York, New York, US

I'm on my way to attend the Impossible Project's press event which starts at 11am ET, any one who has missed Polaroid or have their SX-70, 600, or Spectra laying around wanting to be used again, look in the news for updates.

Mar 22 10 06:50 am Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

Aww too bad I didnt know about this I would have attended

Mar 22 10 07:06 am Link

Photographer

Alexis_Kennedy

Portland, Oregon, US

there are a lot of us who have our fingers crossed about this.

Mar 22 10 07:15 am Link

Photographer

Rich Davis

Gulf Breeze, Florida, US

Oh, if I could resurrect my 110A.

Mar 22 10 07:18 am Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

fingers crossed...

Mar 22 10 07:33 am Link

Photographer

fLOVE PHOTOGRAPHY NYC

New York, New York, US

If anyone has Twitter or facebook you can follow the #TIPpress hashtag and on the ImPossible Project fan page on facebook.

Mar 22 10 07:44 am Link

Photographer

g e r m a i n

Richardson, Texas, US

The new website and a video of a walk around of the NY office space with a few examples of the new film.

http://www.the-impossible-project.com/index.php

Mar 22 10 09:07 am Link

Photographer

The Divine Emily Fine

Owings Mills, Maryland, US

Cool, this means I'll be able to really make use of this Polaroid land camera the boyfriend bought me!

Isn't it cute?

https://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kznlzu0hVK1qbswz1o1_500.jpg

Mar 22 10 09:10 am Link

Photographer

Rich Davis

Gulf Breeze, Florida, US

The Divine Emily Fine wrote:
Cool, this means I'll be able to really make use of this Polaroid land camera the boyfriend bought me!

Isn't it cute?

At least you can find yours.  I haven't seen my 110A for years.  The attic search will be an adventure.

Mar 22 10 09:15 am Link

Photographer

MisterC

Portland, Oregon, US

This is such an interesting and significant step for all technologies.

Camera's modernize. A portion of people reject the new tech, and actually prefer MUCH older technology. Not everyone likes, or can even figure out the digital process.

I think Polaroids are cool.
But my mom likes them for being what digital cameras cannot be: convenient.

Mar 22 10 09:32 am Link

Photographer

The Divine Emily Fine

Rich Davis wrote:
At least you can find yours.  I haven't seen my 110A for years.  The attic search will be an adventure.

lol we found a couple at the antique mall near us! Actually we found a giant box full of antique cameras. He also bought me a Kodak Tourister from 1949, and that 8mm camera in my avatar big_smile

Mar 22 10 09:35 am Link

Photographer

The Divine Emily Fine

MisterC wrote:
This is such an interesting and significant step for all technologies.

Camera's modernize. A portion of people reject the new tech, and actually prefer MUCH older technology. Not everyone likes, or can even figure out the digital process.

I think Polaroids are cool.
But my mom likes them for being what digital cameras cannot be: convenient.

lol that camera of mine isn't convenient, it's really weird learning to focus the thing O.O

Mar 22 10 09:36 am Link

Photographer

AllForTheImage FMF

SPRINGFIELD GARDENS, New York, US

I just purchased 2 Polaroids and finding 600 film is the worst

Mar 22 10 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

fLOVE PHOTOGRAPHY NYC

New York, New York, US

The Divine Emily Fine wrote:

Isn't it cute?

Actually ImPossible is making the inegral films, not the type 100 peel apart kind like that one takes.  For that camera you can get Fuji's FP-100C, FP-100B, and FP3000B that being C for color, B for B&W and the numbers the corresponding asa's.

ImPossible has two new films available to order the 25th.  A 100 and 600 asa, the 100 being a more sepia toned monochrome, and the 600 being a greyscale.

The cartridges are universal so you can use them in either SX-70 style cameras or 600 ones, one merely needs to consider or accommodate for the fact that they are calibrated for one or the other and not both....but that's part of the fun.

They will have two color films of the same ASA's coming out some time this summer they're shooting for, and they have yet more in the works like possible special editions and even reviving the 8x10 Polaroid.

Check out their website where you can purchase Polaroid film for these and other types of cameras as well as accessories. 

http://www.the-impossible-project.com

Mar 22 10 12:15 pm Link

Photographer

fLOVE PHOTOGRAPHY NYC

New York, New York, US

Rich Davis wrote:

Also, with the 110's, if you have one you can convert them for modern films since you can't use the two roll system they were designed for anymore.

There are several outfits online that will convert them for a few hundred or thousand or so...depending on who you go through. But you can also do it yourself if you're capable, it essentially entails gutting the back of the camera and you can either dedicate a back to it, or if you can put a graflock back on it, you can use it as a hand-holdable 4x5 camera for either instant peel apart films or normal 4x5 sheets depending on the back you use, and it's a fair bit lighter than say a speed-graphic.

Mar 22 10 12:19 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

Fatman Frames wrote:
I just purchased 2 Polaroids and finding 600 film is the worst

You have to know where to look
Down to 7364 units here
http://store.uniquephoto.com/e/index.ph … 24275.html

Mar 22 10 01:26 pm Link