Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > DAR Critiques > Critique this Photo![=

Retoucher

Chaviit0

Wenatchee, Washington, US

Hello guys!
What do you think about this pic:
https://modelmayhm-4.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100320/17/4ba566975c112_m.jpg?

BTW... the Photographer its Kelly E![=

Mar 24 10 12:13 am Link

Photographer

killer pinups

Tacoma, Washington, US

Wrong forum for a critique...

Mar 24 10 12:20 am Link

Retoucher

Michael Brittain

Wahiawa, Hawaii, US

I don't like the image or the retouching. Sorry.

Mar 24 10 12:24 am Link

Retoucher

Teodor Sirbu

Iaşi, Iaşi, Romania

me neither ... very strong contrast , wrong bg .... bad retouch

Mar 24 10 05:55 am Link

Retoucher

R E T O U C H - MM

London, England, United Kingdom

The skin tone is uneven, blurry,too red and patchy sorry
and the clouds background don't suit a beauty photo
x

Mar 24 10 11:16 am Link

Retoucher

Oranges

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

the biggest problem I have is with the mirrored image.  It's a dead giveaway.  I like getting some symmetry to the shot, but try to accomplish this with liquify and warping.  And do so in moderation.  Simply mirroring the shot will always make it look odd.   I think the overall retouching isn't bad.  The eyes and lips (err... half) look good. I appreciate that you haven't blown out the skin or anything.  Yes, work on color a bit to get the redness out.  A simple approach is to add a Hue/Sat adjustment layer and targeting the reds, desaturate slightly and mask out areas you don't want affected by it. Avoid the 'Difference Cloud' background or anything that distracts from the model.  Or for that matter, anything that screams Photoshop Filter. You're on the right track, especially for being only 16.  Just work on moderation.  Don't try and go extreme with the before and after.  Do everything in small steps and layer them up.  Good luck!!!

Mar 24 10 03:02 pm Link

Retoucher

Chaviit0

Wenatchee, Washington, US

Bret McMichael wrote:
the biggest problem I have is with the mirrored image.  It's a dead giveaway.  I like getting some symmetry to the shot, but try to accomplish this with liquify and warping.  And do so in moderation.  Simply mirroring the shot will always make it look odd.   I think the overall retouching isn't bad.  The eyes and lips (err... half) look good. I appreciate that you haven't blown out the skin or anything.  Yes, work on color a bit to get the redness out.  A simple approach is to add a Hue/Sat adjustment layer and targeting the reds, desaturate slightly and mask out areas you don't want affected by it. Avoid the 'Difference Cloud' background or anything that distracts from the model.  Or for that matter, anything that screams Photoshop Filter. You're on the right track, especially for being only 16.  Just work on moderation.  Don't try and go extreme with the before and after.  Do everything in small steps and layer them up.  Good luck!!!

Thanks![=

Mar 24 10 09:39 pm Link