Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > DAR Critiques > First real attempt at retouching - would like crit

Photographer

JLIEBERPhoto

TONEY, Alabama, US

Not planning on changing professions but would like your input on the following image:

https://modelmayhm-4.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100331/12/4bb39ebfa36e8_m.jpg

Mar 31 10 12:15 pm Link

Photographer

Form and Pressure

Auburn, Maine, US

Nice job.
The skin looks real enough so you made it past the first biggest mistake. My only suggestion would be to take care of the small spill of light next to the right side of her mouth.

Mar 31 10 12:20 pm Link

Retoucher

Michael Brittain

Wahiawa, Hawaii, US

Her skin still has blemishes that stand out. I count eleven without really looking at it. On a larger printed image they would stand out even more.

Mar 31 10 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Allen Studio

Tacoma, Washington, US

Very nice work, you've left the texture alone and not faked in some. She looks human still.

Mar 31 10 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

Bergeron Studios

Manchester, New Hampshire, US

Not bad at all keep working and play around I learn new tricks all the time I also use portrait professional to do the first edit then fnish with cs3

Mar 31 10 03:10 pm Link

Retoucher

y2cute

San Francisco, California, US

hi,

looking good smile i like that she still look natural...but could go a little further and remove the remaining blemishes on her neck and shin. put some detail back on her hair and remove the red on her face. right side of her face seems to look brighter than the before (maybe bright up her shadow side a bit too to get rid of harsh shadow).

Mar 31 10 11:54 pm Link

Retoucher

Ashish Arora

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

btdsgn wrote:
Her skin still has blemishes that stand out. I count eleven without really looking at it. On a larger printed image they would stand out even more.

this, also when you do retouching like this, make some emphasis on her eyes and lips, you left them as such. :x

Apr 01 10 02:10 am Link

Retoucher

Sebastian Reuter

Frankfurt, Hassia, Germany

i think for a start you did a decent job. there are still a lot of things that could be improved, but some of them need probably more experience to make them look realistic (like the eylashes, that could really use some work )

as already mentioned by others there are still blemishes in the skin that you should take care of. wink

Apr 04 10 05:03 am Link