Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > DAR Critiques > 'av a gander at my work, any comments welcome!

Retoucher

NickWatson

London, England, United Kingdom

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone is interested in looking through my portfolio and 'nit-picking'?

I am always looking to improve on the finer details so any help is appreciated!

http://www.nw-retouching.com/prtfolio_g … meset.html

Cheers!

Nick.

Apr 02 10 04:37 am Link

Retoucher

Natalia_Taffarel

Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina

NW-RETOUCHING wrote:
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone is interested in looking through my portfolio and 'nit-picking'?

I am always looking to improve on the finer details so any help is appreciated!

http://www.nw-retouching.com/prtfolio_g … meset.html

Cheers!

Nick.

I like what you do.

Now... The first image on your portfolio defines if I keep looking at it or not and the hair looks cut out + you have one stray in the end of the fringe that either you remove it or fill in the rest of the fringe to get to it, finally the hand looks out of place.

The hand looks really bad, it ruins the image. You have another nude image in a similar angle. I'd remove the hand all together and fill in the body, then the frame would be perfect.

I should be getting ready to go instead of browsing the forums so this is it for now, but PM me to remind me I want to talk to you.

x

Apr 02 10 04:48 am Link

Photographer

rey sison photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Nice work,esp your use of light.

Apr 02 10 08:34 am Link

Retoucher

Chaviit0

Wenatchee, Washington, US

Its a wonderful port!
On the 11th picture I would like it more if you remove the hair from the model's face[=

Apr 03 10 09:53 pm Link

Retoucher

Sebastian Reuter

Frankfurt, Hassia, Germany

what i personally really like at your portfolio is that it does not look completly overdone, but mostly accurat and natural.

keep it up wink

Apr 04 10 05:05 am Link

Retoucher

NickWatson

Thanks guys for the praise!

In pic 11, i had left the hair across the face to keep a sense of motion in the image, i think perhaps i could be cleaner with the hair strands.

Apr 04 10 04:22 pm Link

Retoucher

NickWatson

Sooooo.......

I was really looking forward to some detailed constructive crit in here as i think sometimes the best way to improve is to look at your work through somebody else's eyes.

Please help me out! (Thanks Natalia for your input!)

Apr 10 10 04:27 am Link