ward wrote:
i think tan lines are sexy in pics.

agreed

Apr 07 10 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

Photography by Mick

Orlando, Florida, US

bri leigh petite wrote:
This sux! makes me wish I was white! or black!

I done a shoot with an black girl on a beach. Let me tell you, they get tan lines to. Well this girl did. As the day went on, you could see the tan lines appear. We tried to do a nude sunset shot, and because of the sun during the day, she had big tanning troubles.

Apr 07 10 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

G Images

Lexington, Kentucky, US

robkeller wrote:
I grew up when Playboy was the only thing around for a teenager to ogle. ALL the models had dramatic tan lines. Creamy skin tones where the bikini used to be was NORMAL, and frankly, I miss those days... guess I'm getting old.

I have no advice re hiding tan lines; on the contrary I LOVE them and wish more models had them...maybe I should make a special casting call..  smile

I am probably in the same age range as I agree with you completely.

Apr 07 10 09:04 pm Link

Model

Suicidebunny

Los Angeles, California, US

Many Photographers say "no" to tan lines.  If you do not want to be pale, then try spray tan.  It is also much healthier for your skin.  Try to preserve your youth as much as possible.

Apr 07 10 09:08 pm Link

Photographer

remerrill

Arcata, California, US

Ereka Marcelino wrote:
TAN LINES: implied lingerie borat

lol lol I gotta remember that... that's good... smile

Apr 07 10 09:10 pm Link

Photographer

Northcott Photography

Tan lines may not be the best for Fine Art, but I find tan lines very sexy. Depends on the shoot.

Dave

Apr 07 10 09:28 pm Link

Model

bri leigh petite

Oceanside, California, US

sosdezign wrote:

You've got an open invite to shoot, if you ever are  .  .  .  wink

SOS

I'll take you up on that!

Apr 07 10 10:04 pm Link

Photographer

Terry Moody Photography

Gastonia, North Carolina, US

Tan lines. Don't worry about them. In a few more years the skin cancer will take over and you will have scars from all the cuts on your body.

I know I have them. Yes I do have skin cancer and it is not a fun thing. It just keeps coming back.

Stay out of the sun.

Apr 07 10 10:10 pm Link

Model

bri leigh petite

Terry Moody Photography wrote:
Tan lines. Don't worry about them. In a few more years the skin cancer will take over and you will have scars from all the cuts on your body.

I know I have them. Yes I do have skin cancer and it is not a fun thing. It just keeps coming back.

Stay out of the sun.

Sorry to hear that. I do take every precaution and I'm not one for laying out, I dont try to get get dark... its my race and skin pigment.

Apr 07 10 10:20 pm Link

Photographer

J A Y S E N

ward wrote:

Thanks. Nice tan lines wink

I agree.  Tan lines are sexy.  Embrace it.

Apr 07 10 10:24 pm Link

Model

Crumblez

Darby O Riley wrote:
Many Photographers say "no" to tan lines.  If you do not want to be pale, then try spray tan.  It is also much healthier for your skin.  Try to preserve your youth as much as possible.

It's not that I don't want to be pale, but I tan so easily that I end up with dark tan lines after half an hour in the sun.

I decided to do just what you suggest and get a spray tan. All natural, even smelled good. It looks lovely for about three or four days, then it begins to go away and look spotty. I have tried different ways to make it stay and nothing has worked so far.

And $20 every three or four days adds up, so I can't keep getting them. : /

What I was left with is currently trying to find somewhere in or around Tucson to tan nude. I can't think of another option.

Apr 07 10 10:25 pm Link

Photographer

Moodscapes

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

As a fine art nude photographer tan lines are a major problem for me. They really do detract from a shot of a model and the time in post production to get rid of them is not viable. Fake tan and tanning lotions on the white areas never match no what people say. I shoot all my models TF so I do get a lot of tanline models and just have to put up with it. But as soon as I move on to paying models there is no way I would use a model with tanlines.

I tell all the tanline models I work with either go all white or all tan - you won't get paid work if you don't.

Apr 07 10 10:37 pm Link

Photographer

5th-Change

Tacoma, Washington, US

ward wrote:
i think tan lines are sexy in pics.

+1

Apr 07 10 10:41 pm Link

Photographer

killer pinups

Tacoma, Washington, US

Ken Marcus Studios wrote:
Tan lines are a retouchers nightmare . . . .

make up your mind . . . either be a nude model or a sun worshipper

+1

Apr 07 10 10:44 pm Link

Photographer

Zoo Photo

Kalamazoo, Michigan, US

Why not Rock them?

Apr 07 10 10:48 pm Link

Photographer

Mister Monday

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Here's the kind of thing I 'grew up' on:

18+

http://www.playboy.com/girls/landingpag … ls/kai.jpg

sigh....

Apr 07 10 10:55 pm Link

Photographer

CK2 Photography

Sacramento, California, US

as an art model tan lines are a no no.I don't like editting them anymore than fashion photographers enjoy editting out tattoos.Though there are cosmetics you can use they tend to rub off and get on stuff and leave uneven areas on the skin.My suggestion is don't tan use sunblock or find a private spot to even out by nude sunbathing.

Apr 07 10 11:16 pm Link

Photographer

lacunha

Oakland, California, US

I personally like tan lines.  I would be into shooting someone with a super dark tan and super bright lines.
Photography is about problem solving.  Making an image with what you're handed.  I think its ridiculous to say that you'd never shoot a model with tan lines.  Work with it, make something beautiful.

Apr 08 10 09:48 am Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I don't tan.

Apr 08 10 09:50 am Link

Model

Maia Crow

Austin, Texas, US

I have used Tan Towel products to even out tan lines.  You can buy the Tan Towels or Tan Towel lotion at Ulta and some beauty supply places.  Apply it just on the lighter areas and give it a few minutes to dry, then let the color develop for half a day.  You can keep applying a couple of times a day and it will get darker (you don't see any color at first), should get pretty even with your tanned area.  It gives a natural color, not orangy.

Don't do Mystic tan.  The color is awful and it is a booth that sprays the whole body, so it probably won't even your tan lines.

Now, if you can find a place that does custom airbrush tan, and find an experienced technician, she can spray just your lighter areas and blend them with your tan.  Typically they use a better product than Mystic tan that has great color and no nasty smell.  It will cost more than Mystic but is way better.

Apr 08 10 10:08 am Link

Model

bri leigh petite

LaCunha wrote:
I personally like tan lines.  I would be into shooting someone with a super dark tan and super bright lines.
Photography is about problem solving.  Making an image with what you're handed.  I think its ridiculous to say that you'd never shoot a model with tan lines.  Work with it, make something beautiful.

Nice!

Apr 08 10 04:50 pm Link

Model

bri leigh petite

Michelle Cheri wrote:
I have used Tan Towel products to even out tan lines.  You can buy the Tan Towels or Tan Towel lotion at Ulta and some beauty supply places.  Apply it just on the lighter areas and give it a few minutes to dry, then let the color develop for half a day.  You can keep applying a couple of times a day and it will get darker (you don't see any color at first), should get pretty even with your tanned area.  It gives a natural color, not orangy.

Don't do Mystic tan.  The color is awful and it is a booth that sprays the whole body, so it probably won't even your tan lines.

Now, if you can find a place that does custom airbrush tan, and find an experienced technician, she can spray just your lighter areas and blend them with your tan.  Typically they use a better product than Mystic tan that has great color and no nasty smell.  It will cost more than Mystic but is way better.

Thank you! I'm going to use your advie, thanks again!

Apr 08 10 04:50 pm Link

Model

Kes1

Morgan Hill, California, US

Tanning beds are actually pretty awesome and if you start at the beginning of the season, before you've gotten your summer tan lines emphasized by natural tanning, you will tan evenly. 

I tan dark quickly, and this year I tried it once, and it took out all remnants of the tan lines from previous years in two sessions, two weeks apart. 

Put the towel over your face though and use a bronzer just meant for your face carefully blended after.  No need to add years.

Apr 08 10 05:22 pm Link

Photographer

CAG Photography

Windsor, Vermont, US

I have shot both and don't mind either.

Apr 08 10 05:28 pm Link

Photographer

Carle Photography

Oakland, California, US

Paper Doll Nudes wrote:

Tanning beds DO NOT even out tan lines, especially if the already tanned areas are much darker than the non-tanned areas!

On my skin it does I have used beds to even out tans during the height of summer for 3 years now.
My skin is always one shade no matter what, my livelihood depended on it.
Being a nude model means you do what it takes to be all one color.

Apr 08 10 06:15 pm Link

Model

Jasmine Joi

San Marcos, Texas, US

bri leigh petite wrote:
This sux! makes me wish I was white! or black!

I'm black and I still get tan lines.

tan lines are pretty much inevitable unless you tan naked

Apr 09 10 10:45 am Link

Model

bri leigh petite

Jasmine Joi wrote:

I'm black and I still get tan lines.

tan lines are pretty much inevitable unless you tan naked

I know! I just meant that I wish I was just one or the other end of the spectrum, all white or all black... like currently haha, I don't care what color it is, just wish it was even!

Apr 10 10 05:04 pm Link