Photographer

Emillie G

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

So, it's been a while since I've retouched anything. I just got my new computer and thought I'd test everything out. It's a simple photo and simple retouch and was just wondering if I could get some feedback on it. Thanks!

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2578/4522946282_ae781809c4_b.jpg

Apr 15 10 01:24 am Link

Photographer

Emillie G

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Pretty please? sad

Apr 15 10 02:16 pm Link

Retoucher

J Strath

Los Angeles, California, US

It's okay, it's very subtle.  For some reason though, I actually like the original better.  I'm not sure why.  I  think it might be the colors in the original that I'm more drawn to.

Apr 15 10 02:23 pm Link

Photographer

Emillie G

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

HuggleMistress wrote:
It's okay, it's very subtle.  For some reason though, I actually like the original better.  I'm not sure why.  I  think it might be the colors in the original that I'm more drawn to.

I'm so used to overdoing it that I thought I'd try and edit myself back a bit and try something "fresh" and subtle.
I know what you're saying about the original vs. the edit though. I had that same thought too. Though, the more I look at it the more I like the "pop" of the edit.

Thanks for your feedback!

Apr 15 10 03:02 pm Link

Retoucher

y2cute

San Francisco, California, US

hi,

u could go a bit further, ex. soften lines & shadows under her eyes, wrinkles, or whiter eyes and more color on her lip.

Apr 15 10 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

Emillie G

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

y2cute wrote:
hi,

u could go a bit further, ex. soften lines & shadows under her eyes, wrinkles, or whiter eyes and more color on her lip.

I'm very weary about editing undereyes, I tend to take it too far a lot of the time. But I do agree with your suggestions. Thanks!

Apr 15 10 04:22 pm Link