Apr 20 10 02:19 pm Link

Retoucher

Natalia_Taffarel

Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Apr 20 10 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

Alfiere

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Now that is quite a project! I am not a fan of no pores so i do the painful work of actually replacing the bad skin with good skin.. so fir this i will rate a personal low but acceptable in normal life. I just have a thing with no pores

Apr 20 10 02:26 pm Link

Retoucher

FLEXmero

Madrid, Madrid, Spain

Still, no pores could be acceptable in specific situations (as in client saying he want's it, and retoucher prostituting himself by accepting). In any case, no pores should be done correctly, and not on just some areas of the skin for this car-crash, quick damage control reconstructive surgery finish.

My rating?: This is an example of why we should thank some photographers for giving their raw files for free. It's also an example of why 99% photographers will not give their raw files to anyone other than whom they choose.

Apr 20 10 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

J A Y S E N

Los Angeles, California, US

A little muddy and blurred for my taste.  Low.  Tough image, though.

Apr 20 10 03:06 pm Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

from a scale of 1-10 it's a 1

Apr 20 10 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

Dreamscape Creative

Charleston, South Carolina, US

What gets me is the obsession with pore detail to the extent where people will bring attention to it at distances the naked eye would never be able to appreciate it.

Apr 20 10 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

J A Y S E N

Dreamscape Creative wrote:
What gets me is the obsession with pore detail to the extent where people will bring attention to it at distances the naked eye would never be able to appreciate it.

I think in this case it's close enough to have it be significant, isn't it?

That's a valid statement generally speaking, though.

Apr 20 10 03:26 pm Link

Retoucher

Michael Brittain

Wahiawa, Hawaii, US

Dreamscape Creative wrote:

This obsession is why you have retouchers with images that have skin that looks retouched and the rest of the image looks like it was never touched. IMO you retouch the way thats needed and your client wants.

To the OP... Keep practicing, the first thing you need to work on is your eye. Had your eye been honed, you would have known this image shouldn't have been posted for critique.

Apr 20 10 04:59 pm Link

Retoucher

P A P A R A Z Z I

Chicago, Illinois, US

btdsgn wrote:
. IMO you retouch the way thats needed and your client wants.

OMG finally someone agrees +1

Apr 20 10 05:12 pm Link

Photographer

Mae LR Photography

Herkimer, New York, US

The make-up retouching could be much much better! And I can still see blemishes on the cheaks. And I think the mole on her lip should be removed

Apr 20 10 05:16 pm Link

Retoucher

Michael Brittain

Wahiawa, Hawaii, US

Mae LR Photography wrote:
The make-up retouching could be much much better! And I can still see blemishes on the cheaks. And I think the mole on her lip should be removed

What about the mole on her hair? smile

Apr 20 10 05:18 pm Link

Retoucher

XKRetouch

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I think it needs to be a tad color corrected on top of the things already mentioned (the mole on the hair cracked me up =P). The right side of her face (our left) is a little bit too magenta while the bottom half of the image is too yellow. Some blemishes near the edges of her face also need to be taken care of (esp on the darker side).

Otherwise it's not bad. Yay~

Apr 20 10 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

Carlos Occidental

Angela Michelle Perez wrote:
from a scale of 1-10 it's a 1

Oh, come on!  Get over yourself!  No where near a one.  This is decent 5 or 6 work.  I've seen so much worse.

Not too shabby.

Apr 20 10 05:34 pm Link

Retoucher

Chaviit0

Wenatchee, Washington, US

I give you a 4!
You forgot alot of things in this picture
I dont like blured skin [i know... i have some pictures like that but im trying to change them(:]
Keep Practicing and you will get better[=
Good Luck!

Apr 20 10 06:08 pm Link

Retoucher

Natalia_Taffarel

Charles West wrote:

Oh, come on!  Get over yourself!  No where near a one.  This is decent 5 or 6 work.  I've seen so much worse.

Not too shabby.

So you can have your opinion but she can't? The OP asked for a rating. She gave hers. End of story.

x

Apr 20 10 06:18 pm Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

Charles West wrote:

Not too shabby.

For me it's a 1.

I honestly think it looks incosistent and badly done I can see the blur tool was done incorectly you can see  the uneveness on some areas of the skin , as he only selected some areas  and left other areas unselected If you are going to blur you need to be consistent through out the whole image. I would not consider that no where near a 6. My retouching is not a 10 either but I know average retouching and that it's not it.

I'm honest and if you think I'm full of myself for saying the truth then oh well... I'm not going to sugar coat anything and I don't expect no one to do the same for me. But the again I have very high standards.

Apr 20 10 06:23 pm Link

Model

Chloe Model

Staines, England, United Kingdom

I say 3 ..
My personal opinion

Apr 20 10 06:25 pm Link

Photographer

JIM PARKER

Oakland, California, US

XKRetouch wrote:
I think it needs to be a tad color corrected on top of the things already mentioned (the mole on the hair cracked me up =P). The right side of her face (our left) is a little bit too magenta while the bottom half of the image is too yellow. Some blemishes near the edges of her face also need to be taken care of (esp on the darker side).

Otherwise it's not bad. Yay~

+1 Finally, someone to point out the eyesore, which is this huge weird red cast. Her face looks like a lavalamp.

A red cast would be cool if it was 1) intentional, and 2) even across the image. This example is blotchy and unintentional - I suspect OP used a simple burn tool along the jawline thinking it would make the cheeks and jaws look more slim?

When I see a person's face turn that color I call 911 stat.

Apr 20 10 07:09 pm Link

Retoucher

Solstice Retouch

New York, New York, US

The skin tone is now red, a color that the model originally did not have. I feel it is straying from the original greatly in a negative light.

Apr 20 10 07:42 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Moderator Warning!
Moved to DAR Critique forum.

Apr 20 10 08:54 pm Link

Retoucher

Natalia_Taffarel

hijack

Was this image a jpg or a raw? Can someone point me to the link?

/end hijack tongue

x

Apr 21 10 04:39 am Link

Retoucher

Sandra Stanger

Ciudad de la Costa, Canelones, Uruguay

Apr 21 10 06:31 am Link

Retoucher

CC RETOUCH

Altoona, Pennsylvania, US

i give it a perfect 10 haha

Apr 21 10 08:43 pm Link