Forums > General Industry > talk about your most memorable stalker experience

Model

ZZZCuddleBugZZZ

Simi Valley, California, US

Mine wasn't so much a stalker as it was a lurker. We were doing a shoot in a very forrested park that we thought was empty. It was the photographer, my boyfriend, and myself. I was up on these rocks, posing topless when my photographer alerts me to the presence of this guy. I couldn't see him, but the photographer said he was hiding behind a big rock.
We decide to move, do another topless, and sure enough, he's there again, hiding behind some trees. So I decide to hide behind this wooden gate and do a nude crouching down so he couldn't see me. During this time, my bf takes it upon himself to confront the creepy old man. He asks the guy if he minds leaving us alone, and the guy responds with "what's the problem?" Well, before my bf could respond to this (he looked like he was about to hurt the guy, which I wanted to avoid) I yelled to him that we were moving again. We walk back towards the front of the park, see a bench that would be perfect to pose on so we stop. All of a sudden, the guy goes walking behind some trees across from us (there were 2 paths seperated by a stream, we were on one path, he was on the other) and just stares hardcore at me. Finally, after staring back fully clothed, he just disapears.

My poor photographer was so distracted with keeping me out of this guy's sight, he got frustrated at the end of the shoot saying he wished he could have concentrated more on his work. Thankfully a lot of good photos still came out of that experience, and I hope to put them up on here soon.

My advice, be careful of public parks...even if they are heavily forrested and empty. They might not be as empty as you think.

Jul 27 05 02:43 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Posted by ZZZCuddleBugZZZ: 
Mine wasn't so much a stalker as it was a lurker. We were doing a shoot in a very forrested park that we thought was empty. It was the photographer, my boyfriend, and myself. I was up on these rocks, posing topless when my photographer alerts me to the presence of this guy. I couldn't see him, but the photographer said he was hiding behind a big rock.
We decide to move, do another topless, and sure enough, he's there again, hiding behind some trees. So I decide to hide behind this wooden gate and do a nude crouching down so he couldn't see me. During this time, my bf takes it upon himself to confront the creepy old man. He asks the guy if he minds leaving us alone, and the guy responds with "what's the problem?" Well, before my bf could respond to this (he looked like he was about to hurt the guy, which I wanted to avoid) I yelled to him that we were moving again. We walk back towards the front of the park, see a bench that would be perfect to pose on so we stop. All of a sudden, the guy goes walking behind some trees across from us (there were 2 paths seperated by a stream, we were on one path, he was on the other) and just stares hardcore at me. Finally, after staring back fully clothed, he just disapears.

My poor photographer was so distracted with keeping me out of this guy's sight, he got frustrated at the end of the shoot saying he wished he could have concentrated more on his work. Thankfully a lot of good photos still came out of that experience, and I hope to put them up on here soon.

My advice, be careful of public parks...even if they are heavily forrested and empty. They might not be as empty as you think.

Reminds me of when I was getting the hang of shooting at the beach with girls wearing bikinis.  I had two very attractive blond young ladies ages 19 and 20 who worked with me at a department store photo studio.  So I asked them if they would like to "model" for pictures to help me practice. (Early TFP)

We went to a public beach to take some pictures.  While in the middle of shooting, the girls say to me that there is some guy with a camera shooting pictures over on the side of me. No confrontation, I just asked the two ladies to put towels around themselves then we left for a more secluded beach. 

There are websites devoted to what I consider "stalker" pictures!  You know the type!  Candid shots that appear like someone shot them without the persons knowledge.  That is a whole other topic!

Jul 27 05 03:14 am Link

Model

ZZZCuddleBugZZZ

Simi Valley, California, US

Wow. Sounds like the guy was a total jerk. Thankfully the guy lurking around during my phot shoot didn't have a camera. If I didn't know any better, I could swear he lived in the park.

Let's hope this never happens to either of us again. Once is enough for any model or photographer.

Jul 27 05 03:25 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

I find it pretty disturbing how so many stalkers like to say THEY'RE the ones being stalked.  It somehow gives them an instant bond to the object of their obsession.  Creepy ass shit.

Jul 30 05 11:25 pm Link

Photographer

FYH Photo

Santa Clara, California, US

Posted by Josie Nutter: 
I find it pretty disturbing how so many stalkers like to say THEY'RE the ones being stalked.  It somehow gives them an instant bond to the object of their obsession.  Creepy ass shit.

So are you implying something about all the fine folks who posted in this thread? wink  LOL!

Jul 31 05 10:47 am Link

Photographer

- null -

During this time, my bf takes it upon himself to confront the creepy old man. He asks the guy if he minds leaving us alone, and the guy responds with "what's the problem?" Well, before my bf could respond to this (he looked like he was about to hurt the guy, which I wanted to avoid) I yelled to him that we were moving again.

Thankfully the guy lurking around during my phot shoot didn't have a camera. If I didn't know any better, I could swear he lived in the park.

If you were a homeless guy who lived in a park and a hot naked chick was getting her picture taken there, you might hide behind some trees to scope a look too. After all, it was a public park. He had EVERY right to be there just like you. Nothing illegal about him looking in your direction.

It creeped you out? Fine. Cool. You're allowed to be creeped out by that. Everyone is entitled to their emotions and feeling whatever they want in a given situation.

But your boyfriend had no right to harass someone in a public park for looking at you. The guy didn't approach any of you. He didn't speak to any of you. So what was he doing that was "wrong" in that situation?

If you don't want random people in public places to be starting at you when you are naked, here's a tip - keep your clothes on when you're in public. If you choose to get naked in public, then be prepared to deal with the consequenses of your actions, such as the potential for having people stare at you from the bushes.

Jul 31 05 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by theda: 

Posted by Eric Muss-Barnes: 
In 1905 if a man tossed pebbles at a woman's bedroom window to get her attention, he was a romantic trying to win her affections.

In 2005 if a man tosses pepples at a woman's bedroom window to get her attention, he is a stalker trying to get a restraining order.

I guess the only difference between a stalker and a romantic is the timing......

It's still romantic when you leave dismembered rabbit corpses oin my doorstep with those cute little notes that say "u next."

Well, I wanted to go the Van Gogh thing, but I already mailed both my ears to past obsessions.

Jul 31 05 02:30 pm Link

Makeup Artist

RachelT

Orlando, Florida, US

I had a photographer that I shot with a couple of times after first moving to Florida. He turned out to be a freak!

I like how he shoots, but he is just kinda creepy to the point I could not take it anymore.

I was shooting with another photographer one day (who is actually the one that introduced me to this site) and this  photographer called me like 15 times during the shoot asking how the other photographer shoots and do I like him better. All kinds of whacked out jacked up questions.

Then I was working a public promotional event and he freaking showed up there and kept trying to talk to me while I was working. I was like "dude go the flip away already, wth??"

Then he emailed me that night saying
"Hey baby, I went there because I knew you would be there and I needed to see you and I wanted to say hello and that I missed you.."
Ummmmm okay now I know he is delusional for the fact I sure as hell am not model material and I am happily married with a kid... Don't call me baby!!!!   

It was pretty freaky

It sucks because at first he was a pretty cool guy, but way too damn high maintenance for me. lol

Jul 31 05 03:18 pm Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

Awww, he had a crush on Rachel.

Jul 31 05 06:06 pm Link

Model

Audra O.

Portland, Oregon, US

The one "stalker" experience I had was kind of strange, seeing as he was my roommate.  smile  I told him I didn't want to date anyone, especially my friend and roommate.  Somehow he took it to mean I was his girlfriend.  Lots of other icky things transpired.  But I don't think everyone here has a strong enough stomache to handle it. 

Jul 31 05 06:52 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by Audra O.: 
The one "stalker" experience I had was kind of strange, seeing as he was my roommate.  smile  I told him I didn't want to date anyone, especially my friend and roommate.  Somehow he took it to mean I was his girlfriend.  Lots of other icky things transpired.  But I don't think everyone here has a strong enough stomache to handle it.   

Your roommate?!

Wow. Based sheerly on the convenience factor, that would have to be every stalkers dream! That would work out great for the lazy stalkers ... or ones who don't own cars or anything.

And what do you mean that you didn't want to date anyone?

It's always the women who "don't want to date anyone" who get married 3 months later. That's the same as women who say "I don't want to ruin our friendship" and refuse to date a fella.

Both the "I don't want to date anyone" and "I don't want to ruin our friendship" are LIES and actually mean, "I wouldn't kiss you with stolen lips!"

Jul 31 05 08:10 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Why does it say my reply was the last one posted in this thread, but it's not showing up? ... Some weird timeout error perhaps? ... Aw, crap! I KNEW it was gonna appear right after I posted this! Look at that ...

Jul 31 05 08:24 pm Link

Makeup Artist

RachelT

Orlando, Florida, US

Posted by Monsante Bey: 
Awww, he had a crush on Rachel.

smile
Not funny... yikesP~~~~~

Jul 31 05 08:45 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Wow. Based sheerly on the convenience factor, that would have to be every stalkers dream! That would work out great for the lazy stalkers ... or ones who don't own cars or anything.

Hell yeah. I wish I'd thought of that when I had roommates. Would have saved soooo much time...

Aug 01 05 01:40 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Why does it say my reply was the last one posted in this thread, but it's not showing up? ... Some weird timeout error perhaps? ... Aw, crap! I KNEW it was gonna appear right after I posted this! Look at that ...

26th Post Syndrome

Aug 01 05 01:44 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Posted by F.Y. Hamada: 
So are you implying something about all the fine folks who posted in this thread? wink  LOL!

No, in some of the posts, people have said their stalkers claim they are the ones being stalked, not the other way around.  The stalker I had did exactly the same thing-- whatever he did to me (death threats, etc), he claimed _I_ did to _him_.  People suck.

Aug 01 05 01:53 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

This probably does`nt qualify in the stalker catagory but back when I had first opened my own studio space for my photography, which I have since closed, I used to do little pre meetings with models at a local cafe. Being the overparanoid
"I just spent thousands of dollars on equipment and props and all kinds of neat expensive gadgets and in case one of these models turns out to actually be some sort of clepto or  crank freak id prefer to see what they`re like and get a feel for them in person outside of the studio" new studio owner days.
Keep in mind, this was a place I had just a couple days ago payed the first and last months rent and deposit on so it was not listed in any phone book or in anything that lists businesses.
Anyway, I and my fiance who assists me whenever possible met this one girl who called us in reply to a seeking models type ad we posted and was interested in modeling for me and we talked over coffee at the local cafe.
She was a beautiful petite vietnamese girl and we both loved her look as soon as she walked up to us to greet us. However, within minutes somewho she totally weired us both out. Not a she is a total drug head type weird, just one of those weird vibes you don`t want to spend time around,lol. Well, we end out little meeting and I and my fiance head over to the studio to fix more stuff up and get everything in order and about 5 minutes after we get there, in walks this freaky girl we had the meeting with earlier that night. Thrown for a total loop I am as polite as can be and I say something to the effect of Hi whats up? Did you need something?
and she says Well, I wanted to come by and pick up my schedule and find out when you wanted me to start modeling for you.
I told he we are not scheduling anything just yet because we have to finish setting the place up and that it is not a full time job so there is no schedule that I would ever be giving the models and she says ok, well just keep in touch, have a good night. and leaves. I quickly followed behind her, locked the studio doors and we cross that one off out to work with list for ever.

Aug 03 05 03:19 pm Link

Model

Cyndiemyst

Newark, New Jersey, US

Oh hell no...I have 2!
Both on this site both female
One is currently under investigation with the FBI and still has the gall to make phone calls and send emails to people I know...everything logged...just diggin a deeper ditch there.
The other is obsessed with everyting I do,what I wear,who I talk to...
Its gotten to the point where I no longer think its amusing...its damn rite pissed me off...

Aug 04 05 10:30 am Link

Photographer

UCPhotog

Hartford, Connecticut, US

Yup - had an online stalker once - and he continues to show up now and then.

Photog from NYC (that seems to do good work) but his BS is ridiculous. Heard from a model I know - said she was physically threatened if she didn't sign a full release, etc. for some images. She does very few nudes, but from what I remember, she noted that he stated they were for submission or for spec only. So, being the "Bubba" that I am, I get involved to help her out (Josie, take note of that last line). I do all that I can do from Cali, including making calls, etc. and she follows through on her end.

Well, he starts emailing me that he's coming out here and "we'll meet face to face soon, bro" and other comments. Then he goes to the online community to say how he's been victimized by me. If his crap hadn't been the same for years, he might have had some of them believing the new story. But after getting banned again and again from different sites (I didn't see him here by first or last name or initials which is how he has posted lately), everyone online knew who he was and his bad rep. A few more models got into the act to say it wasn't the first time he'd pulled that crap.

Next he pulls my address from a whois search (since changed) - I say come on down to the place. I'm certain Harmony would have loved to have met him (Harmony was my Doberman/Great Dane mix rescued from a pound and she was the meanest thing. Big, VERY strong, and not afraid of anything). So, at this point, I take more legal action. His emails continue to come in, and he sends some from his work. Check the IPs, run a whois search, call the company - "yes, he works here." That's all the police needed to pay a little visit.

I still see his name once in a while, and when asked, I tell models that he does good work, but to take a chaperone or don't go, AND to get a release up front and to read it prior to shooting.

Have I ever stalked? Well, maybe I called her a few times more than I should, but I finally said "hey, guys don't take hints. If I should stop calling, just tell me to stop calling." She did and I did.

Aug 04 05 01:09 pm Link

Model

LMichelle

Houston, Texas, US

Yes, had the psyco stalker type.  He made my life hell for a year or so.  His father was in the CIA so he had access to violate every part of my life including cell phone, email accts, etc...  I finally had to file a police report and get a restraining order against him.  I see him out on occasion and he still texts messages me ever time he sees me.  Once a stalker.... always a stalker.....  I wish he'd get a life! 

Aug 04 05 01:15 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Posted by Doug Mackay    DMP: 
i got stalked for about 3 years by an obnoxious old lady, used to come home and find her on my doorstep, or in my house, had to move, god knows how she got in.

How dare you call your mom obnoxious!!
heh, sorry. Couldn`t resist!

Aug 04 05 01:20 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Posted by * Visual Mindscapes *: 
I have this model who messages me through every damn modeling site, 3-4 times a month.  Everytime I post up a casting call, she is the first one to reply to it.  She texts me on my cell phone tell me to check out her page.  The fucked up thing about it is, she's fucking ugly!

Why do I have a feeling I know who this is.
Does her last name start with an R?lol

Aug 04 05 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Posted by TiffanyB: 
Actually,
I had a girl stalker a year ago. We were friends at school and she went with me to shoots and knew alot about me. We had an arguement a few months later (moral issues I didnt agree with) and parted ways. A few months later I saw her with her hair now blonde like mine, brown contacts, outfits I had bought, and telling everyone she was a model and aspiring singer planning to go to California ( all things everyone knew I was doing). She even made a xanga page and copied things I said and made them her own. It is Very scarey when you don't know how far they will actually go.
xoxox
Tiffany

can we say fuh-reeky!

Aug 04 05 01:24 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Posted by theda: 
I don't have stalkers. I just have a couple of guys that like to send me nasty email over and over again. Actually, Marksora may be right and they may be the same guy. the IPs are different, though.

If the person is using AOL they could both be the same person. AOL has this feature that assigns you a brand new IP number each time you sign onto AOL.

Aug 04 05 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Posted by Lapis: 
I can legally prove i am not responsible for my own actions at certain times.

I really hope THIS was tongue in cheek because saying something like that and being serious would make damn sure no one worked with you again,lol. I mean, model releases and all need to be signed and if you are not responsible for your actions at times, like a minor, well, thats a bad sign,lol.

Aug 04 05 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

I had a similar thing happen during the nude shoot posted in my profile here. I was shooting her and a friend, the one who made her corset, at a section of beach in Santa Cruz. We parked in some big parking lot with a giant surfer statue overlooking the ocean and climbed over the rail and went down over a very steap bunch of boulders way down to the spot on a cliff which overhung the ocean. You would have to stand right on the edge by the rail at the edge of the parking lot to see anything we were doing so we really did not think anyone would be doing that.
Well, after shooting for a while I looked up toward the parking lot above us and there is this guy just standing there gawking. I, the friend of the girl in the nudes in my portfolio and my fiance who is my assistant start talkin to the guy and he was the basic" whats the problem, its a public place" type like your lurker,lol. Well, during this the model finds a big boulder she hunches down behind so he can not see her, which funnily enough caught my eye and actually made for some of the best shots of the shoot,lol. And well, after about 5 minutes of us talking to the guy asking him to just go away and not stare, the model gets up and is like "F*** it! You wanna stare at a naked girl, go ahead, here you GO big boy, like whatcha see?! JEEZ" and even does a slow turn,lol. I then start focusing my camera on him and shooting pics of him standing there above us staring and after he finally realizes what I am doing he leaves.
Then actually later  during the same shoot we actually had a PLEASANT lurker experience,lol. Apparently there was some open beach area or path around the corner from where we were which allowed people to walk to where we were shooting. This couple is walking hand in hand looking out at the beach and all, I saw them before they saw us. They came around the corner and both smiled at the model, talked to us for a couple minutes about what we were doing, were the shots for a magazine, this and that and they both gave the model many compliments and they chit chatted with her and went on about their walk.

Aug 04 05 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Posted by Cynthia Leigh: 
And photographer's scoff at this last fact too when I sign the model release with a different name. *LOL*

Big legal issue there. If you were to want to sign a model release, a legel document, with a fake name, the shoot would never happen. I provide a line for the models legal name and one for her stage name if she prefers to use one. But when you are signing a legal document it is required that you sign your legal name. You could be placing the photographers you work with in legal jeopardy depending on the types of modeling you do for them. Especially considering the new laws the Supreme Court recently passed regarding model identification.

Aug 04 05 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Posted by Audra O.: 

Your roommate?!
Can one truly be a stalker if they LIVE with you? I mean, he gets to see you all the time, no stalking needed,lol.

And what do you mean that you didn't want to date anyone?

It's always the women who "don't want to date anyone" who get married 3 months later. That's the same as women who say "I don't want to ruin our friendship" and refuse to date a fella.

Both the "I don't want to date anyone" and "I don't want to ruin our friendship" are LIES and actually mean, "I wouldn't kiss you with stolen lips!"

Aug 04 05 01:57 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Posted by LMichelle: 
Yes, had the psyco stalker type.  He made my life hell for a year or so.  His father was in the CIA so he had access to violate every part of my life including cell phone, email accts, etc...  I finally had to file a police report and get a restraining order against him.  I see him out on occasion and he still texts messages me ever time he sees me.  Once a stalker.... always a stalker.....  I wish he'd get a life!   

You can block certain people from texting you or calling your cell.

Aug 04 05 02:00 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Never ask a person from Nebraska about stalkers, as the conversation will probably end up being about something that's unexpected, dull, and boring.

https://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/NGSPOD/112993.jpg
Never mind the 'corny' puns!

Aug 04 05 03:03 pm Link

Model

Kitten Fairy

Los Angeles, California, US

I havent had any stalkers, but I do get alot of midget/gimp fetishers. They harrass me for pics and for me to get on my cam lol.  Even before I had my website I git em, it was one of the reasons I started my site, may as well make some damn money off the perves LOL 

I guess I dun have any stalkers bc I never give out any personal info to anyone. My number and address is unlisted and I use the block n iggy button ALL the time hahahhah.

I dunno what it is, but I get alot of guys from Turkey, Pakistan, Egypt and so on harrassing me. They never take no for an answer, they alaways want to 'marriage me; lol God they are annoying! LOL

Bon

Aug 05 05 04:44 pm Link

Model

Kitten Fairy

Los Angeles, California, US

Posted by Bryan Crump: 
Have you ever had a stalker or been one? Tell us about your most memorable experience, good or horrible. Also why can't their be more damn sexy stalkers out there. Makes it so much more tolerable when they are hot.

Oh i love your photo!!! What a cute kitty!

Aug 05 05 04:44 pm Link

Photographer

RyanH

Athens-Clarke, Georgia, US

I have a stalker from college who still sends me instant messeges from time to time.  She made up a phony online "friend" to introduce us, so I play along and talk to her for a few days on and off.  Finally it's just getting boring because we have nothing in common and she's pressing to meet up. So I tell her I'm not interested and she shoots back with how I've got her all wrong, she's not such a nice girl and will do it all with me.

My wierdo alert goes off the scale and I try to stay away from her, but she keeps messeging me.  So finally I tell her "sure let's get together and screw" and she accuses me of only wanting her for sex.

I still get the occasional messege from her, and she's still creepy.

Aug 07 05 02:50 pm Link

Model

Seth Mitchell

Long Beach, California, US

Had two stalkers (at differnt times).  Harmless really, they just got caught up in a fantasy...and put my face on it.  LOL

No hard-core drama.  Just needed to be handled.

Aug 07 05 05:07 pm Link

Model

Seth Mitchell

Long Beach, California, US

Oh yeah...and a guy placed a personal ad once using my photos.  A friend called me when she saw my shots on a dating website.  It must have been interesting when he met his dates.  LOL

I contacted the dating site and had them take down my shots.

Such is the life of a model...

Aug 07 05 05:11 pm Link

Photographer

John Paul

Schenectady, New York, US

Well, without getting into specific details,.. I had a guy stalk me and several models who I've shot with over the last 3 or so years,...and he has been banned 4 different times from OMP..  He had recently contacted a model, and pretended to be one of his aliases, who is an "agent" for an "agency" that only exists in his mind,...and he again started trashing me, and saying nasty things about me, however, this time the model forwarded me all those e-mails... Knowing exactly who this was (because dumb dumb used the same aliases)....I already had a large file on the guy, including his home address.. so,...after doing a job near bye his house,..I went with a friend who dumb dumb didn't know..(who is a former Army Ranger)...and rang his door bell,...and as soon as he popped his head out the door, I grabbed him by the neck, threw him outside the door, and shoved him up against the house,...and then forced him up against the door and told him that he should "lay off" of me and the models or I would come back here and kill you.  The only thing keeping me from really busting the guy up was my friend.

I haven't heard from the guy since..

&, here is what you have to do with stalkers.. You have to take the battle to them. You have to take the battle to their front door, and in front of their family. Because the way these guys opperate is from a distance,....they can mess with you because they know that they have an out... they have followed you,...they have learned things about you,.....they have figured out how to contact you, and they will continue to mess with you until they realize that they themselves have been found out,...and can become the victims of the same stuff they had victimized you with.....and there is no better way to deal with the problem than by forceful physical contact.

JP

Aug 07 05 05:29 pm Link

Photographer

John Paul

Schenectady, New York, US

Aug 07 05 05:32 pm Link

Photographer

snegron

Cape Coral, Florida, US

The cool thing about being fat is that you don't have to worry about stalkers! I actually had two several years ago, back in my thin days. I never did understand why people waste their time stalking others. It's creepy.

Aug 07 05 08:59 pm Link