Retoucher

Michael Brittain

Wahiawa, Hawaii, US

I always say I'm going to update my portfolio and never do... Last night I got aroudn to doing some of it. Let me know what you guys think.. Should I remove anything in there? What would you have done different in the post work?

Apr 23 10 03:07 pm Link

Retoucher

Ashish Arora

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

They seem nice to me, I would not wanna comment if you took out any, but sure do not take these out, loved them:

https://modelmayhm-6.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100423/06/4bd19b89300a3_m.jpg

https://modelmayhm-6.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100423/03/4bd17cfd2071a_m.jpg

Apr 24 10 12:56 pm Link

Retoucher

Solstice Retouch

New York, New York, US

This is grand, I love it

https://modelmayhm-6.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100423/03/4bd17d2facbbd.jpg

One question, looking at her shoes, there is a small "ghost" shadow to the left (camera left) near it. Is that just motion blur?

Apr 24 10 07:10 pm Link

Retoucher

Ashish Arora

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I see this too, lol, I didn't like the image so much so I didn't open it up. Yes, there seems some, maybe take that out? My eyes went right there too and then I noticed he has mentioned about it already.

Also, that little gap between her legs, maybe take that out too.

Apr 24 10 10:04 pm Link

Retoucher

Michael Brittain

Wahiawa, Hawaii, US

Yeah it's motion blur, shows up more on a larger image. I went back and forth with removing it. Didn't think about the gap in between her legs though. I'll look both things over again.

Thanks

Apr 24 10 10:35 pm Link

Retoucher

J Strath

Los Angeles, California, US

Uh, everything is gorgeous! XD  I have no critique at all really.  I am curious about the above examples people posted.  Are the colors mostly due to the lighting and just enhanced in photoshop?  Or did you do it all in photoshop?  Any tips for how you got these colors?  I love them

Apr 25 10 12:11 am Link

Retoucher

Ashish Arora

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

HuggleMistress wrote:
Are the colors mostly due to the lighting and just enhanced in photoshop?  Or did you do it all in photoshop?

75% in lighting, 25% post work, and varies for different shots. Like the one I posted, you had that lighting and enhancements were made. II one- maybe there was Split Toning involved or Luminosity Masks if it was originally all in green like the I one. Otherwise, it could be in lighting too- you can get to see that in the shadows and also, the body- if it was created you won't have them.

FYI, you need to request him to show his before/afters, only if bt is comfortable with that. smile

Apr 25 10 12:17 am Link

Retoucher

Michael Brittain

Wahiawa, Hawaii, US

In two of the shots... the lighting is one way in the other two shots the lighting is different. The goal was to make the lighting cohesive in all four shots.

I accomplish this is a variety of ways, gradients, color adjustments and good ol hand (digital) painting.

Lighting and a photographer knowing what they're doing play a very large part of the process though.

Apr 25 10 01:16 am Link

Retoucher

Ashish Arora

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I agree to every word you posted above, but yeah, I guess huggle wanted to see how much you went ahead post processing it. wink hehe and like what was in there, and what is now- before/after to be precise, not that I want. I know what digital painting can do and how important it is for us retouchers to know the lighting and how it works. Just as Amy Dresser- the master in it. (manipulating lights)

Apr 25 10 01:27 am Link