Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > DAR Critiques > Detailed critiques on this headshot retouch please

Photographer

Kane

London, England, United Kingdom

Hey everybody, still a bit green when it comes to PS.  Any opinions/advice on this would be appreciated.  Thanks!

https://modelmayhm-3.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100517/01/4bf0fec3a1438.jpg

Note: It's a bit hard to see all the detail as it's lo-res, but I can never remember my flickr password.

May 17 10 01:33 am Link

Photographer

Neil Snape

Paris, Île-de-France, France

It's a bit heavy in tone still, Desaturate a bit, blend the color up to the brows. The MU is too heavy for this type of shot, to get anything useful out of it you have a fair bit more to change, not so much in pixels but in overall settings.

So yes you took out blemishes, but if you want to improve look at the overall density and color.

May 17 10 01:40 am Link

Photographer

Kane

London, England, United Kingdom

Thanks for the advice Neil.  I'll work on it some more tomorrow.

May 17 10 02:12 am Link

Photographer

H B P

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I would have cleaned up the stray hairs a bit. And just a bit under the eyes. Also I would have tried to make the eyes pop just a little.

But nice job on smoothing the skin. That's not an easy task.

May 17 10 02:17 am Link

Retoucher

Versiontwo Fine Art

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

there is little to no color correction... you need to correct exposure and white balance and also correct the skin tone. You will also need to take all those stray hairs around the perimeter of the hairline. Some sharpening to the eyes and hair would be a nice touch also. then maybe punch up the contrast a bit without going overboard. And some VERY subtle dodge and burn to enhance cheekbones and make the skin tone more even over all.

May 17 10 02:37 am Link