Forums > Critique > Honest critiques saught, fashion goals

Model

SaraElisabeth

New York, New York, US

I gave you some captions to differentiate. I have probably 40 images here on my computer, and I'm trying to pick my favorites to bring around when I go to agency open calls soon. Looking for comments in regards to a model portfolio, and what it does for me (as opposed to looking at them as part of a photographer's book).
comments/critiques welcome. Post here, mail me, comment... etc ... any opinions welcome.
smile

Jul 26 05 07:35 am Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

As a model you shouldn't be worried about a photographer's book.  Just pick the best ones you have and put those on your MM port.  I'm sorry but I don't see any that you could take to an agency.

Paul

Jul 26 05 08:23 am Link

Photographer

Erika Marie

Martinsburg, West Virginia, US

I don't think any of these photos belong in your portfolio.  The strongest one of all; however, is "Nice Shoes."  The problems w/ that photos is that your face looks pastey & pale.  Your lips need color...

Other photos, like the beach shots have too unnatural poses.  You look quite uncomfortable.  Most of the photos look like they were taken by amateurs.  You can do much better than that.

I assume you're freelance?  Maybe you should shell out a few bucks for a good photographer if you can't find anyone to do TFP or TFCD.

Jul 26 05 10:20 am Link

Photographer

Erika Marie

& on a side note...

Not that I'm one to talk... but I'm also not trying to do fashion...

But you're about 15 lbs too heavy for fashion modeling.

Jul 26 05 10:41 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

I agree with Erika regarding weight.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to visit some of your local agencies and take a look at the compcards of the models they represent.

This will not only give you an idea of the types of photos you should be seeking, but it will give you a chance to see the heights and weights of the models.

Jul 26 05 10:47 am Link

Photographer

Marcus J. Ranum

MORRISDALE, Pennsylvania, US

Posted by Erika Marie: 
But you're about 15 lbs too heavy for fashion modeling.

There are fruitcakes on MM who will jump all over you if they hear you saying something like that. sad Even if it's well-intentioned and pretty much true. Maybe you'll escape the flames because you're female... wink

Juliet - I think you've got a great look and a nice figure! The "made in NY" shot is very cool and nice expression, etc. If you want to go the fashion route at this time you're going to have trouble. The skinny look is "in" and a lot of the couture houses make all their samples really small, which tends to lock out the girls who are built with curves and stuff. With your build you could do swimsuit and lingerie really well!

mjr.

Jul 26 05 10:48 am Link

Photographer

Marcus J. Ranum

Jul 26 05 10:48 am Link

Photographer

Marcus J. Ranum

arrg.. internet problem. sorry. sad

Jul 26 05 10:49 am Link

Photographer

Erika Marie

Posted by Marcus J. Ranum: 
There are fruitcakes on MM who will jump all over you if they hear you saying something like that. sad Even if it's well-intentioned and pretty much true.

Juliet - I think you've got a great look and a nice figure! The "made in NY" shot is very cool and nice expression, etc. If you want to go the fashion route at this time you're going to have trouble. The skinny look is "in" and a lot of the couture houses make all their samples really small, which tends to lock out the girls who are built with curves and stuff. With your build you could do swimsuit and lingerie really well!

mjr.

I've never been afraid of fruitcakes... smile  Everything I say is w/ the best intentions.  Not going to candy coat anything to anyone.  I would never say something just to be cruel (that is of course unless I'm retaliating.)

I'm new to MM... but not new to modeling message boards.  Expect these types of responses from me...

Jul 26 05 10:52 am Link