EDIT:  Hot damn!

Umm

Screwdrivers for all!

Sep 02 10 10:37 pm Link

Photographer

Charles Howse

Vero Beach, Florida, US

Feature Presentation wrote:

November 6th. I'm trying to get a head start since fund raising is tough in this economy.

more info:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=3 … &ref=share

Sep 03 10 03:28 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:
HUGGELS!!!!  big_smile

Cobra Renee wrote:
*Tackle hug*

big_smile

AAWWWWOOOOO!!!   big_smile

Sep 03 10 05:19 am Link

Photographer

Al Abbazia

Orlando, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:
HUGGELS!!!!  big_smile

AAWWWWOOOOO!!!   big_smile

Was that the Wolf Howl?

Sep 03 10 05:26 am Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Off to O'Town

Sep 03 10 06:00 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Anyone seen (found) my shoes  .  .  .  or my shorts  .  .  .  or my house  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Sep 03 10 07:48 am Link

Photographer

Al Abbazia

Orlando, Florida, US

sosdezign wrote:
Anyone seen (found) my shoes  .  .  .  or my shorts  .  .  .  or my house  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Nice. Rumpot.

Sep 03 10 08:00 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

sosdezign wrote:

SOS

Did Jake trade his GPS for more rum??

Sep 03 10 08:42 am Link

Model

EricaDean

Altamonte Springs, Florida, US

I have the A Team theme song stuck in my head.

It's that kind of day.

Sep 03 10 10:41 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

It's that kind of day.

Jest think "Barney"  .  .  .  you'll be in a WHOLE new hell  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Sep 03 10 10:47 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Al Abbazia  wrote:

Nice. Rumpot.

Well, it's Key West, it's warm, the gentle breeze is lightly wafting threw me hair  .  .  .  now, ifin I could jest stand up and figure out where I lost Capt. Joe, everythin' would be perfect  .  .  .  wink  Never mind, "we" still have Barbancourt ta drink  .  .  .  he'll show up eventually  .  .  . 

SOS

Sep 03 10 10:50 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:

Did Jake trade his GPS for more rum??

He's not the best "helmsman" we've ever had  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Sep 03 10 10:51 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

It's that kind of day.

Thanks, ED.

I love it when a plan comes together!!!

Sep 03 10 10:54 am Link

Model

EricaDean

So, last night I was supposed to go to the gym. Dave was staying over, but he forgot his gym clothes.

We went to Mellow Mushroom instead. Total fitness fail.

Tonight, however, I'm hitting the weights with the Skiff.

Sep 03 10 11:15 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:
So, last night I was supposed to go to the gym. Dave was staying over, but he forgot his gym clothes.

We went to Mellow Mushroom instead. Total fitness fail.

Tonight, however, I'm hitting the weights with the Skiff.

It's Friday, ED.

The only exercise on Friday is 12 oz. curls...

Sep 03 10 11:42 am Link

Model

EricaDean

It's Friday, ED.

The only exercise on Friday is 12 oz. curls...

Oh, there WILL be exercise tonight... cardio and upper body, here I come.

That way I won't feel so bad tomorrow for drinking cider later tonight.

Sep 03 10 11:48 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

My brain just became overloaded with images of eros...

EDIT: I should go outside and have a smoke now...lol.

Sep 03 10 11:56 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

Good lord woman, ain't ya never sated  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Sep 03 10 11:57 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

sosdezign wrote:

Good lord woman, ain't ya never sated  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Must be why she prefers "younger" men.

It's all about the endurance...

Sep 03 10 12:58 pm Link

Model

Cobra Renee 09 to 10

Jacksonville, Florida, US

*Saving us from page 2 doom!*

Sep 03 10 05:18 pm Link

Model

Cobra Renee 09 to 10

Jacksonville, Florida, US

yikes

DP

Sep 03 10 05:18 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Cobra Renee wrote:
yikes

DP

I'm sure you mean double post...

Sep 03 10 06:18 pm Link

Photographer

Sheri Baldwin

Orlando, Florida, US

I have a moral dilemma

I mean, I may be the only one who thinks it's a dilemma but still

I posted a casting call for seniors, and I've gotten enough responses to build my port (which was the goal), so now I'm really kind of looking for senior reps, and an actual senior responded and is really interested.  I feel like if I tell her I've done all the TF* that I need to, but ask if she'd like to be a senior rep, that it's kind of like a bait-and-switch.  That's not my goal, but I REALLY need to try to get this up and running and argh

Sep 03 10 08:43 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

SheriBaldwinPhotography wrote:
I have a moral dilemma

I posted a casting call for seniors, and I've gotten enough responses to build my port (which was the goal), so now I'm really kind of looking for senior reps, and an actual senior responded and is really interested.  I feel like if I tell her I've done all the TF* that I need to, but ask if she'd like to be a senior rep, that it's kind of like a bait-and-switch.  That's not my goal, but I REALLY need to try to get this up and running and argh

How many post 60 yearolds responded  .  .  .  is that "senior" enough  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Sep 04 10 06:26 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

sosdezign wrote:

How many post 60 yearolds responded  .  .  .  is that "senior" enough  .  .  .  wink

SOS

I was thinking the same thing.

Sep 04 10 08:06 am Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

I have a moral dilemma

Yeah that might give you a bad rap out there
Kinda counter productive

I'd post a second casting call for a senior rep

Sep 04 10 08:07 am Link

Photographer

Sheri Baldwin

Orlando, Florida, US

Carl Roberts wrote:
Yeah that might give you a bad rap out there
Kinda counter productive

I'd post a second casting call for a senior rep

I suppose

Except my current senior rep "program" (if you could call it that) works almost exactly like TF* (for now)

Except I give them a proof book and ask them to give cards to their friends

I'm not sure how I could have even responded otherwise.  Like 'Thanks for your interest, but I do not need any more TF* for this, even though you are super duper interested,' and then post a CC for senior reps?  I figure it couldn't hurt to at least let her know what I'm looking for.

And uh I already sent the response so I guess it's too late now.  >.>

Sep 04 10 08:27 am Link

Photographer

Sheri Baldwin

Orlando, Florida, US

I suppose I could follow up with an apology for it seeming that way

Now I just feel like a jerk.  sad

Sep 04 10 08:30 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Sep 04 10 11:35 am Link

Photographer

Sheri Baldwin

Orlando, Florida, US

I killed the thread with my jerkish-ness

Sep 04 10 12:06 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

I killed the thread with my jerkish-ness

actually you are resuscitating the thread...

Sep 04 10 12:28 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

I suppose

Except my current senior rep "program" (if you could call it that) works almost exactly like TF* (for now)

Except I give them a proof book and ask them to give cards to their friends

I'm not sure how I could have even responded otherwise.  Like 'Thanks for your interest, but I do not need any more TF* for this, even though you are super duper interested,' and then post a CC for senior reps?  I figure it couldn't hurt to at least let her know what I'm looking for.

And uh I already sent the response so I guess it's too late now.  >.>

So, I'm just curious. Your Senior Rep deal is you give them a book with other peoples pics and some biz cards to hand to their friends but if I understand it, you don't shoot the reps. What is the reps incentive?  It would seem more logical to shoot the rep, give them wallets to pass around as well as biz cards with their photo on it... 

Or am I missing something...

Sep 04 10 05:32 pm Link

Photographer

Sheri Baldwin

Orlando, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:
So, I'm just curious. Your Senior Rep deal is you give them a book with other peoples pics and some biz cards to hand to their friends but if I understand it, you don't shoot the reps. What is the reps incentive?  It would seem more logical to shoot the rep, give them wallets to pass around as well as biz cards with their photo on it... 

Or am I missing something...

The hell you talkin' 'bout, you shoot the rep and make them a proof book and rep cards of their photos to show/hand out to their friends

It can't 'work like TF' if you don't shoot them.  tongue

Sep 04 10 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Welcome to your Sunday...

Sep 05 10 06:13 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

The hell you talkin' 'bout, you shoot the rep and make them a proof book and rep cards of their photos to show/hand out to their friends

It can't 'work like TF' if you don't shoot them.  tongue

Well your dilemma post is a little confusing. You say you've done TF to build up your port and now are looking for Senior Reps. You had one contact you but you don't want to do TF but want to offer them to be a Senior Rep.. Now, I'm no Phi Beta Kappa, but it sounds like you're NOT going to do TF with them but want them to pass out cards and show your work. SO, does this mean you WANT them to pay you for the pictures and THEN spread the gospel about you?  Because that doesn't provide me much incentive unless of course I really love your work. And if that is the case, I'm going to tell my friends ANYWAY....

The idea of the rep is to do a shoot, provide them with pics/cards and web versions to put on their social sites...  So, yea, I'm confused by your dilemma post and then what you say a rep is.. OR, is it you just don't want to shoot this particular person for trade? If so, that's fine...

I have a moral dilemma

Sep 05 10 09:03 am Link

Photographer

Sheri Baldwin

Orlando, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

Well your dilemma post is a little confusing. You say you've done TF to build up your port and now are looking for Senior Reps. You had one contact you but you don't want to do TF but want to offer them to be a Senior Rep.. Now, I'm no Phi Beta Kappa, but it sounds like you're NOT going to do TF with them but want them to pass out cards and show your work. SO, does this mean you WANT them to pay you for the pictures and THEN spread the gospel about you?  Because that doesn't provide me much incentive unless of course I really love your work. And if that is the case, I'm going to tell my friends ANYWAY....

The idea of the rep is to do a shoot, provide them with pics/cards and web versions to put on their social sites...  So, yea, I'm confused by your dilemma post and then what you say a rep is.. OR, is it you just don't want to shoot this particular person for trade? If so, that's fine...

I really don't see the confusion.  It works like TF (they don't pay me to shoot, I don't pay them to shoot, they get photos, I get photos), except I'm asking them to go an extra step for me as a senior rep -- show off their photos to their friends and recommend me.  I mean, that's the whole point.

However, the issue I had was because it's not what I had made the casting call for.  I didn't want it to seem like I'd put out the casting call with the intent of getting responses and then asking them for something else.  I know there's not a LOT of difference (I'm certainly not doing a casting call for TF and then asking to be paid), but I'm very concerned about seeming like a jerk cuz I don't want to seem like a jerk (I'm really not a jerk, I swear).

EDIT:  To clarify, I also explained the process to her in my response, so she also knows I'm not asking her to pay, etc.

Sep 05 10 09:27 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

I really don't see the confusion.  It works like TF (they don't pay me to shoot, I don't pay them to shoot, they get photos, I get photos), except I'm asking them to go an extra step for me as a senior rep -- show off their photos to their friends and recommend me.  I mean, that's the whole point.

However, the issue I had was because it's not what I had made the casting call for.  I didn't want it to seem like I'd put out the casting call with the intent of getting responses and then asking them for something else.  I know there's not a LOT of difference (I'm certainly not doing a casting call for TF and then asking to be paid), but I'm very concerned about seeming like a jerk cuz I don't want to seem like a jerk (I'm really not a jerk, I swear).

EDIT:  To clarify, I also explained the process to her in my response, so she also knows I'm not asking her to pay, etc.

Ok, got ya....  At least to me there was a bit of confusion and perhaps it's because you actually were looking to do 2 different things, or should say, asking for them to do something additional.. I've done the same thing, but I made it clear what I was looking for in the trade casting.. I've gone one step further and offered a referral fee for anyone they refer that goes through with their booking.. 

Asking them to show their pics and give them biz cards is not being a jerk. Hell, I give my clients biz cards to pass out as a referral all the time.. That's just standard biz practice.. No different than an MUA giving you some cards to pass out after you've worked with them.  The reality is, doing all that is no guarantee that they will... So there's no jerkiness about it.. Heck, I'd think most would be happy that you made them a little album to show their pics!!! 

And sorry, wasn't trying to be a dick, just didn't quite grasp what you were thinking.. It really seemed like 2 different things to me..  Perhaps that's just because I killed 2 birds with one stone and used my portfolio build people as my reps... I didn't look for 1 set to build with and 1 set to rep...

Sep 05 10 10:00 am Link

Photographer

Sheri Baldwin

Orlando, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:
Ok, got ya....  At least to me there was a bit of confusion and perhaps it's because you actually were looking to do 2 different things, or should say, asking for them to do something additional.. I've done the same thing, but I made it clear what I was looking for in the trade casting.. I've gone one step further and offered a referral fee for anyone they refer that goes through with their booking.. 

Asking them to show their pics and give them biz cards is not being a jerk. Hell, I give my clients biz cards to pass out as a referral all the time.. That's just standard biz practice.. No different than an MUA giving you some cards to pass out after you've worked with them.  The reality is, doing all that is no guarantee that they will... So there's no jerkiness about it.. Heck, I'd think most would be happy that you made them a little album to show their pics!!! 

And sorry, wasn't trying to be a dick, just didn't quite grasp what you were thinking.. It really seemed like 2 different things to me..  Perhaps that's just because I killed 2 birds with one stone and used my portfolio build people as my reps... I didn't look for 1 set to build with and 1 set to rep...

It's not so much the asking part that seemed possibly jerkish, it was the 'you-responded-to-my-CC-but-I'm-gonna-see-if-you-wanna-do-this-other-thing-instead' part

And it's not so much looking for one set to build with and one set to rep, it's just that the set that I've built with aren't seniors or juniors (and, apparently, don't know any, cuz I've asked and gotten zilch), so I need to find a way to reach them.  That's the part I'm looking for.

I've pretty much decided that I want to move to seniors and teens, and not really shoot models.  I've liked fashion and model photography, but I just have so much more FUN shooting seniors and teens, where the only pressure is to make sure that they look great and like the photos.  I just enjoy it more, so that's what I want to do. I just gotta figure out how to get there.  wink

Sep 05 10 10:06 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

http://www.naturesongs.com/cricket1.wav

again...

Sep 05 10 12:44 pm Link

Photographer

Sheri Baldwin

Orlando, Florida, US

Everyone's gone for the holiday weekend, Frank.  sad