Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > DAR Critiques > Just tried new edit- Feedback PLEASE!! :)

Model

Jessica A Hoffman

Delray Beach, Florida, US

https://modelmayhm-1.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100620/22/4c1ef7908e82e_m.jpg

Jun 20 10 10:33 pm Link

Photographer

Dante Dauz

Los Angeles, California, US

It looks like your front shoulder is sharp focus and your face is a little soft.  Your eyes look like a cartoon because of the excessive retouch in the whites of your eyes.  The grain in your face is also distracting but you could chalk that up to personal taste.  Finally, because of the lack of dynamic color, I wonder what this photo would look like with some type of black and white treatment.

Jun 20 10 10:39 pm Link

Model

Jessica A Hoffman

Delray Beach, Florida, US

Dante Dauz wrote:
It looks like your front shoulder is sharp focus and your face is a little soft.  Your eyes look like cartoons because of the excessive retouch in the whites of your eyes.  The grain in your face is also distracting but you could chalk that up to personal taste.  Finally, because of the lack of dynamic color, I wonder what this photo would look like with some type of black and white treatment.

Hmmm... I thought about it too- I really don't have a clue as to what I am doing! I just followed some tutorial and thought it came out pretty good. My eyes are driving me nuts too- not sure how to fix it! ughhhhh... oh well- Guess I won't be posting as a photoshop wizard anytime soon!! smile
Thanks for the quick feedback!

Jun 20 10 10:41 pm Link