Forums > Events > Fashion Workshop in Seattle with Richard Warren

Photographer

LightLab Studios

Seattle, Washington, US

Hey Folks,
I hope you don't consider this spam. I am trying to organize an impromptu Fashion Workshop for Photographers in Seattle on August 22-23. Richard Warren, an internationally published photographer in Manhattan's fashion district, will be in Seattle next month and is willing to spend a couple days with a small group and teach us about the fashion biz, producing shoots, and then showing us some of his lighting setups in the studio and shooting with a pro model. Check out his work.

If you are interested, please e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll send you more info.

Thanks,
Tom

Richard Warren's Portfolio, Client List, and Biography

Photographer

LightLab Studios

Seattle, Washington, US

FASHION WORKSHOP WITH ONE OF NYC’S FINEST!

DATES:  August 22-23
COST:  TBA depending on enrollment (approximately $600 – includes studio, model, and makeup artist)

A 2-day workshop with internationally published fashion photographer Richard Warren is being organized for August 22-23 in Seattle, Washington. Please see his website to review his portfolio, extensive client list, and biography: Once you see his work, I don't know how you could pass this opportunity up!

www.richardwarrenphotos.com

I am a photography student in the Northwest and I do not want to lose this chance to learn from Richard while he is visiting Seattle in August. I am looking for other interested photographers and advanced students to join us for 2-days of intensive learning about fashion photography – from production to studio lighting to getting your foot in the door.

DAY ONE: Class (8AM – 5PM)
•    The fashion industry
•    Getting published
•    Casting, crew, art direction, stylists
•    Working with clients
•    Working with models
•    Studio and location shoots
•    Equipment and lighting, including medium format digital backs
•    Workflow and post-production tips
•    Delivering images to clients
•    Being an assistant/intern

DAY TWO:  Studio (8AM – 5PM)
•    Assist in the studio as we produce a shoot with a professional model and makeup artist and observe Richard at work
•    Advanced studio lighting setups – from one light to many
•    Posing and talking to the model
•    Additional Q&A and hands-on instruction

PREREQUISITES:  Workshop participants should have a firm grasp of digital capture, workflow, and studio lighting. This course will not review basic material. The workshop will move quickly to cover a great deal of material in a short time. Enrollment limited to 10 students. $300 deposit required (non-refundable unless workshop is canceled).

Jul 16 06 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

LightLab Studios

Seattle, Washington, US

another MM double post.... arrgh

Jul 16 06 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Hi Tom,

If you like, your welcome to post this announcment on my yahoo group "Photograpic Artist Network" which is linked from my profile here.

To join you'll need to have your age displayed on your yahoo profile as well as a link to any of your work.

Best wishes,
Craig

Jul 16 06 10:36 pm Link

Photographer

LightLab Studios

Seattle, Washington, US

thanks for the tip!

Jul 17 06 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

LightLab Studios

Seattle, Washington, US

bump - just want to get the word out to seattle area photogs.

Jul 18 06 11:12 pm Link

Photographer

LightLab Studios

Seattle, Washington, US

wednesday night bump

Jul 19 06 10:33 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ganeshkarma

New York, New York, US

That is awesome. Most of my work is by Richard Warren, I am priviledged to work with him. He is an amazing wealth of information, not to mention one of the best photographers in the biz!

Jul 19 06 10:54 pm Link

Photographer

LightLab Studios

Seattle, Washington, US

changes underway to make the workshop even better and new information will be posted to a website soon.

currently we are trying to add 4 agency models and have opportunities for personal work followed by a brief critique the next morning. richard will be available during this time to demonstrate some of his lighting as well as give advice/tips while you shoot.

stay tuned.

Jul 25 06 02:15 pm Link