Forums > General Industry > How many models/photographers have you worked with?

Photographer

Eusebio Photography

Santa Ana, California, US

Photographers: How many models have you worked with?

Models: How many photographers have you worked with?

Jul 28 05 10:25 pm Link

Model

BeccaNDSouth

Olympia, Washington, US

not as many as I'd like to. Probably around ten or twelve.

and since I'm starting to dabble in photography, I've not worked with any real models as of yet. I have used my children as "test" subjects for a couple of shots, though. Once I get settled into my new home, I plan on working with some local models to help build up a portfolio, though.

Jul 28 05 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

This year?
Or all of them?
And does Gracie Count?

Jul 28 05 11:34 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Not sure if a hobby shooter counts.

Since Aug '04 I've shot photos of the following:

36 different women, of those numbers, 6 I've photographed about 10 different times.
Of all 36 women, only 3 had any modeling experience

2 male models, both experienced

Total = 38 models in 11 months

who is Gracie?

Jul 28 05 11:48 pm Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

Funny you should ask: I observed that I didn't think I'd done that many shoots to my wife, and she insisted that I was underestimating. I went and counted my envelopes (I keep the model release and a DVD of the raw pics in an envelope with the model's name on it) and I have done twenty-nine model shoots with thirty-three models, plus one belly dance recital with twelve different dancers.

Of those shoots, one was a workshop, with four models, so that might not really count. Another one was a shoot with two models who mostly took solo pics. Those were the only multiples, except for one model who brought a friend who I made a few headshots of just to be nice (I didn't count her in my list.)

The four models at the workshop were paid, of course, and I gave them money for releases as well. Two of the other models were paid (experienced models who I wanted specific work for my portfolio from.) I gave one of them some gas money, and several of them I bought dinner, but only those six were paid, the rest were TFP.

While I have a long way to go, I was looking at some stuff, and even hypercritical me has to admit that I *have* gotten a lot better. Since my first "real" model shoot was in August of last year, that's not bad for eleven months. Now hopefully I don't have one year of experience twice in the year to come. smile

M

Jul 29 05 09:17 am Link

Model

e v e

Los Angeles, California, US

i have worked with 16 different photographers since i started modelling in january of this year as a freelance model. it's been quite an experience and i've slowly expanded my network of not only models, photographers and makeup artists, but also friends. it's been a pleasure.

Jul 29 05 09:23 am Link

Photographer

Leah Rice

Elkridge, Maryland, US

Since Nov 04, I have worked with 39 models, 10 of those men. Experience levels range from no experience to professional.

Jul 29 05 09:30 am Link

Photographer

Sleepy Weasel

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

8 models plus my wife...all TFP so far.

I had a semi-paying job for pics for someone's web site, but they weren't models in the usual sense, so I don't count that.

Jul 29 05 11:37 am Link

Photographer

Herb Way

Black Mountain, North Carolina, US

Since I re-enrolled in my personal art photography last August, I've done TFP shoots with 10 models and 2 non-models all of them nude.  The non-models were husband and wife. 

Jul 29 05 11:45 am Link

Photographer

Lost Coast Photo

Ferndale, California, US

At last count, about 250 models since 1997; about 25 so far in 2005.

Jul 29 05 11:47 am Link

Model

Cynthia Leigh

Orlando, Florida, US

Only 5 since the beginning of this year, but that doesn't count multiple shoots with one photographer (and one photoshoot I did with a photographer for a contest--that I'm not counting).

I wanna shoot more, but sometimes life gets in the way.  I know for certain that if I get accepted to move to NYC to go to school that I'm definitely going to try to work with everyone I've wanted to work with down here.

Jul 29 05 12:33 pm Link

Model

Shayuma

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

So far, only 2. Which isn't bad because my first photoshoot was in late June.

Jul 29 05 12:43 pm Link