Forums > General Industry > The awesome Marty McBride

Model

Nicole Michelle

Albany, New York, US

I have to be honest from the moment I saw his MM, I fell in LOVE with Marty's work. He is phenomenal and talented. So OBVIOUSLY when he said he would also love to work with me, I did NOT hesitate or give myself the chance to pass it up. I grabbed my bestfriend, Chelsie and together we started planning one amazing and memorable trip. Marty was not the only photographer we worked with on this trip, but this is a bulletin about him. Here are some facts I learned from Marty while working with him:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/92541

1.) He is completely honest.
2.) He loves to talk to you about anything.
3.) He is a lot of fun.
4.) He's not afraid of water! =]
5.) He loves the outdoors.
6.) He is loaded with ideas.
7.) He is filled to the brim with love.
8.) He loves the hell out of what he does.
9.) He is an amazing brother and son and I appreciate his love for his family.
10.) He isn't afraid to give you chiggers. Lmao.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND any and all models to work with him. You'll have a great time, make some wicked sweet memories and get some gorgeous photos too! Speaking of....here are a few of mine with him. Enjoy!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/EvilIntentions16/Modeling/Pic1-11.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/EvilIntentions16/Modeling/Pic2-10.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/EvilIntentions16/Modeling/Pic3-9.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/EvilIntentions16/Modeling/Pic42-1.jpg

Sep 04 10 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

oscar rabeiro

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

marty rocks!!!!!

Sep 04 10 04:14 pm Link

Photographer

Vamp Boudoir

Florence, South Carolina, US

He's a really nice guy too! big_smile

Sep 04 10 04:17 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

mmm you can't say "chiggers"....you're supposed to say "chiggas"....

Sep 04 10 04:18 pm Link

Photographer

George ephrem

Jacksonville, Florida, US

her in my neck of the woods, chiggers are 'red bugs" not what anyone i know would want....just sayin

edit.... yes looks like he def does some really nice work, kinda like me

Sep 04 10 04:20 pm Link

Model

Nicole Michelle

Albany, New York, US

Yeah...I got some chiggers from Kentucky....but it was SO worth it.

Sep 04 10 04:26 pm Link

Photographer

Bryan Benoit

Miami, Florida, US

Been a fan of his work for a while

Sep 04 10 04:29 pm Link

Model

-Aviva-

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Marty is amazing!
He's been on my list of people I hope to work with ever since I first got on MM.

Sep 04 10 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

PETER GEORGAS

Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

Just checkout the work he has done with Amber (calif.dreamer)

Sep 04 10 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

JWB2

Evansville, Indiana, US

Post hidden on Sep 04, 2010 05:12 pm
Reason: not helpful
Comments:
If you don't like a thread don't post in it.

Sep 04 10 04:35 pm Link

Photographer

RFR

SICKLERVILLE, New Jersey, US

Marty's the best.  Everything said about him is true.  Not only is he a great guy and a great photographer, but he also willingly shares how he does it.  He has never failed to answer any of the many questions I've asked.  It's a shame more aren't like him.

Sep 04 10 04:41 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Allen Studio

Tacoma, Washington, US

Never met him but we've chatted via email about a new monitor.

Pleasant to talk to and he does nice clean (in focus) work. oh, and I like the name Marty. I never knew anyone named Marty growing up so he's the first I've talked to.

Sep 04 10 05:07 pm Link

Photographer

GCobb Photography

Southaven, Mississippi, US

I can almost pick his work out of several similar images.  He is great and has one of the most beautiful models I've seen on here yet in his port.  I admire this guy.

Sep 04 10 05:11 pm Link

Photographer

JWB2

Evansville, Indiana, US

It appears that someone did not understand my earlier comment.  I think it awesome that Nicole took the time to give her admiration and thanks to Marty McBride.  I myself meant him personally and was impressed by his professionalism and attention to detail.  I spent a few breathe hours with him and under his guidance I felt like I learned things that would have taken me years to learn fumbling around,

I was aware of Nicole's travels throughout my area and was trying to invoke humor when I said I need to talk to my models.

I feel this type of thread should be done more often instead of many that has been done over and over.  My hats is off to the guy and his work.  If I could do just a little of what he does I would be a happy camper.

Sep 04 10 05:34 pm Link

Model

California Dreamer

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Nicole thats very sweet of you to make this for Marty!!!
And I love your new images you got with him:))
He is a wonderful person and the best friend you could have...and his talent is unbelievable !

Sep 04 10 06:06 pm Link

Model

Nicole Michelle

Albany, New York, US

I'm so happy to share all this with you. Marty is sooo much fun. I can't wait to work with him again. big_smile

Sep 05 10 08:34 am Link

Model

StaceyDixon

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Marty is a wonderful Photographer & a GREAT person ! I've had the honor to shoot with several times ! I highly recommend him as well smile

Sep 05 10 09:05 am Link

Photographer

T R Willmitch

Normal, Illinois, US

Marty is certainly both a wonderful photographer and great guy.  I can't say enough good things about him. 

I'd recommend him to any model on this site!

https://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/trwillm/POtD/kitten.gif

Sep 05 10 10:56 am Link

Photographer

Herman Surkis

Is this not outing???
Why has this thread not been locked?

With the incredibly hot models he uses, how can you go wrong?

Oh, selection of background...what background.
Careful posing...what pose.
Tongue in cheek, before I get jumped on.

Very, very nice stuff.

But me thinks, that all the positives that do not relate to photography are far more important in the real world.

Sep 05 10 12:06 pm Link

Photographer

T R Willmitch

Normal, Illinois, US

hermans wrote:
Is this not outing???
Why has this thread not been locked?

With the incredibly hot models he uses, how can you go wrong?

Oh, selection of background...what background.
Careful posing...what pose.
Tongue in cheek, before I get jumped on.

Very, very nice stuff.

But me thinks, that all the positives that do not relate to photography are far more important in the real world.

Tribute threads are rare, but certainly not outing.  They are occasionally posted when someone is exceptional both as an artist and individual.  I feel that's the case with Marty. 

As for selecting outstanding models, posed beautifully in wonderful settings...  Isn't that what great glamour work is about?  No one does it any better than Marty -- his style uniquely his own.

Sep 05 10 01:32 pm Link

Photographer

Julian W I L D E

Portland, Oregon, US

Well... I don't think Marty will get a better AD than that!  big_smile)))   -JULIAN

Sep 05 10 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

PETER GEORGAS

Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

T R Willmitch wrote:

Tribute threads are rare, but certainly not outing.  They are occasionally posted when someone is exceptional both as an artist and individual.  I feel that's the case with Marty. 

As for selecting outstanding models, posed beautifully in wonderful settings...  Isn't that what great glamour work is about?  No one does it any better than Marty -- his style uniquely his own.  I think he is one of the top 5 photographers on MM !!

Sep 05 10 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

T R Willmitch

Normal, Illinois, US

PETER GEORGAS wrote:
... I think he is one of the top 5 photographers on MM !!

I don't remembering writing that last part.  However I won't argue with it either!

smile

Sep 05 10 01:46 pm Link

Photographer

Marty McBride

Owensboro, Kentucky, US

Thanks Nicole...that was very very nice of you!!! I must admit feeling a lil like a fly on the wall at my own eulogy! hahaha smile And thanks to all that felt inclined to step in and say something nice and positive.

smile

Sep 05 10 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

Herman Surkis

T R Willmitch wrote:

As for selecting outstanding models, posed beautifully in wonderful settings...  Isn't that what great glamour work is about?  No one does it any better than Marty -- his style uniquely his own.

Ok, tongue too deeply in cheek, and message misunderstood.

I was joking that with those gorgeous models, who noticed all the rest.

As far as outing. That has been jumped on on another thread. And I do have a problem that one can only say good things here. Quickly it seems like FB and other places where the most horrendous dreck gets a "perfection" comment. However given how nasty some people can get here, I can totally understand the restriction.

And I stand by my comment that what was said about him as a person, is far more important then anything that can be said about his photography.

Just waiting till I get this kind of accolade. Likely never, I am not that nice.

Sep 05 10 06:48 pm Link

Photographer

LynDen Studios

Bellevue, Nebraska, US

There are accolades abound we could say about Mr Mc'B' concerning his photography. As seen by many, he's a great shooter and an artisan in his work. Many times, in jealous jest, we comment that; 'Yea,, we hate you!' :LOL: However, thats a testiment to his abilities and not an assessment of our feelings toward him! It is apparent that this is a hard working, dedicated individual with a rich and true knowledge of his craft. His attention to detail and the ability to translate beauty and grandure from his captures accurately attests to his perseverance and enthusiasm of this art known as photography. We wish Mr Mc'B' many years of success. We're true admirers of his work and always excited to see his newest creations. Yep,, we're truly FANS of this man and wish him Godspeed and prosperity!

HUGS
Lynnette & Dennis

Sep 05 10 07:54 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Stewart 247 Foto

Houston, Texas, US

My favorite shot of Marty's, just beautiful:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/ninetytonothing/MartyMcBride-Courtney.jpg

Sep 05 10 08:28 pm Link

Photographer

Kev Mo

Bedford, Indiana, US

I have always been impressed by Marty's ability to get incredibly bright natural light in model's eyes! He has a style that is easy to recognize as top notch! Keep up the great work my friend!

Nicole, you are a true sweetheart to post these tributes! Thanks again.

Kevin

Sep 06 10 09:20 am Link

Model

Nicole Michelle

Albany, New York, US

Marty McBride wrote:
Thanks Nicole...that was very very nice of you!!! I must admit feeling a lil like a fly on the wall at my own eulogy! hahaha smile And thanks to all that felt inclined to step in and say something nice and positive.

smile

You deserve it. I

Sep 06 10 11:21 am Link